1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Potential 3rd WR: Leonard Hankerson, Univ. of Miami

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by ThreeSportStar80, Feb 27, 2011.

1. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This kid is an excellent route runner with very good hands and can jump! Say bye to Roy Williams and draft this guy from the U. Michael Irvin loves him by the way...

Today he ran a very respectable 4.43 for those wondering about his speed.
  2. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,481 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    What round is he projected to go?
  3. Trace1015

Trace1015 Member

415 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i think the second
  4. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yep 2nd round...
  5. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,481 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    Then that's a pass for me.............I like that Salas(sp?) kid from hawaii and I bet we can get him later in the draft.

Though there's no needs for WR unless they KR/PR with that mabey C.Shorts(sp?) is available in the later rounds
  6. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He'll go too high.

Cecil Shorts is a perfect fit.
  7. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,092 Messages
    29 Likes Received

Uh, No.. He's solid route runner ( not excellent ) but he does NOT have " very good hands ". On the contrary, one of his problems is that he drops passes he should catch, and I mean routine passes. He was supposed to be the next Andre Johnson, but ended up being another Yatil Green.

He wouldn't be a good 3rd receiver anyways.
  8. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That was in the beginning of his Miami career... His junior and senior seasons were very good. He's been working with Mark Clayton (ring a bell?) since his sophomore year at the U. I have very reliable sources due to my ties to that program. I've seen nothing but growth from him as a player.
  9. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    He looked good in the senior bowl, and at the practices.

Ran a very good time today.

He'll go second round to somebody, but thats to high for the Boys to draft a 4th receiver.

If they get a WR, it should be in the middle rounds. A slot receiver/Kick returner. Think Kerley TCU, Salas Hawaii, Shorts Mount Union...Guys like that.
  10. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,092 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Biggining, middle, and end. If you have ties with the program you know it's ( drops ) still a persistant problem for him. Today at the combines was a perfect example of that. He has a concentration issue. For some reason, he spaces out during games and although at times he makes spectacular catches, he also tends to drop routine passes or doesn't make the catches that a receiver of his caliber should make. He's a slower version of Alvin Harper, in that department, but he's turned out more like Yatil.

Maybe in time he'll be able to resolve his concentration problem ( ADD ? ) but as of right now, I wouldn't spend anything earlier than 3rd round on him, which is an area where he fits perfectly. If he works out, it's a steal, if he flops, it's only a 3rd round pick.

• Georgia WR A.J. Green and Miami WR Leonard Hankerson unexpectedly struggled in their first trips through the gauntlet drill. Green dropped a pass, stumbled and never got his head snapped around to catch the next pass. Hankerson dropped more passes (four) in one trip through the gauntlet than he did the entire week of the Senior Bowl. It appeared that both receivers struggled to recover after the first drop.