1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Power Rankings are bull

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Arkyvarminter, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Active Member

980 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    Prisco's list after the Super Bowl......
    1. Ravens
    2. Broncos
    3. 49ers
    4. Falcons
    5. Patriots
    6. Packers
    7. Seahawks
    8. Texans
    9. Bengals
    10. Redskins
    11. Colts
    12. Bears
    13. Cowboys

Either I'm a blind homer or Prisco knows something I don't know because there are not 12 teams better than a HEALTHY Dallas Cowboys football team. I know we have some holes to fill but with what we have now we are definitly better than the Bears, Colts, Bengals, Redskins, and possibly the Texans. We played some of the teams on this list and either beat them or it came down to the last minute, except Hawks. Last year with all the injuries and stupid penalties we were one game away. I think with the NFL the way it is today, IF you can get in the playoffs, its anyones game. We are not that far off fellas. We are not going 8-8 this coming year and I guarentee that. We will be in the playoffs and will win some games. I know everyone will say, yeah, yeah, we've been hearing that for years but I think this year will be different. Our playmakers on O and D will play the entire year and the O line will get fixed enough to truly make a difference. I've been a fan for 37 years and in 2013 we will surprise everyone. This team isn't like the teams of the past umpteen years. If we don't make the playoffs and win at least one game I'll put "I love the Giants" as my signature for the entire offseason....This team has has some really bad luck with injuries and penalties at bad times. Our luck is about to change...
  2. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,612 Messages
    1,058 Likes Received
    Don't have an issue with that ranking at all right now.
  3. Arkyvarminter

980 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    I understand what your saying but that ranking is based on where we left off, which is with a bunch of guys off the street.
  4. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,482 Messages
    1,458 Likes Received
    Other teams face injuries as well. Most weren't as significant as ours, but faced them none-the-less. The only team there I would argue against is the Bengals but they did make the playoffs.
  5. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,083 Messages
    990 Likes Received
    He ranked us too high....

Talk to me when the friggin season starts.

Right now we are a non-playoff team in a weak division.
  6. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,933 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    ^^^^^^^^^this
  7. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,083 Messages
    372 Likes Received

totally agree
  8. Arkyvarminter

980 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    We are not in a weak division. The Giants will bounce back, the skins were in the playoffs and we would have been if we wouldn't have had all the season ending injuries........
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,344 Messages
    1,859 Likes Received
    I thought for sure the OP was going to say "how on earth do you rate us as high as 13!".

Instead, he doesn't think it's high enough and is ticked off enough to even start a thread over it.
    :rolleyes:

You could maybe argue about the Colts.

But come on. We were 8-8. Maybe we should at least earn a higher rating?
    Not worth getting worked up over, that's for sure.
  10. Arkyvarminter

980 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    I'm not getting worked up. I just think we are better than our record says we are and next year everyone will see that........
  11. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,290 Messages
    151 Likes Received

:hammer:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

But really, Cowboys are ranked fairly IMO on this. Until we prove we can get out of the 8-8 rut we're in, we should be happy with #13 if one cares about these things at all.

While we will most likely be a healthier team, with the changes in staff, particularly on defense, which will need time to adjust, we might yet again start slow out of the gate and put ourselves back into another hole.
  12. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,083 Messages
    990 Likes Received
    ok, our division wasn't weak... it sucked.

the giants fell apart totally, we were shellacked by playoff teams and washington had a cup of coffee as the lone nfce representative.

as a division we were terrible.

it may be totally different in 2013 but we aren't there yet. silly to rank any teams based on 2013 right now and the 2012 Cowboys did nothing but cause Cowboy fans heartburn.
  13. DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy Well-Known Member

5,391 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    Why are the Texans rated so low?

And yeah, I think we're too high. I think we're actually a little worse than our 8-8 record. We probably should've lost that Browns game as well as the Bengals game.
  14. DFWJC

22,344 Messages
    1,859 Likes Received
    It wouldn't suprise me if we end up being very good.

I think almost every team on that list assumes they will be better next year though.

Until we at least have FA and the draft, any rankings really need to lean heavily on last year's results. So we were middle of the pack but injured...hence #13.

I suspect there are some Giants, Saints, Vikings, and Steelers fans that aren't too happy with that ranking :D
  15. Arkyvarminter

980 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    I'm not a blind homer, I'm really not. I just think we are headed in the right direction and will be better than many of the teams on the list........
  16. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,298 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    I think Prisco was being kind by putting them 13 so yea...i would say your blind homer :)
  17. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Brony's are too dang high
  18. DFWJC

22,344 Messages
    1,859 Likes Received
    Certainly could argue that we could be lower. They have us ahead of NYG, NO, MIN, PIT, etc. Finewith me but it is debatable.

As for that 8-8 record--you were cherry picking only the games we should have lost. How about the 2-3 we should have (or could have) won? Certainly the Balimore game...he barely missed his only FG of the year inside the 50 in that game with the swirling winds. Then digging out of the hole and coming down to the wire and inches vs the Giants too. The Saints game and Atlanta could have gone either way too.

I think 8-8 is about right.
  19. Arkyvarminter

980 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    I think I should have explained things better. All I'm saying is, when healthy, we are better than some of these teams. I know the "healthy" thing is getting old but its true. You take one player, Sean Lee, out of the game and that makes a big difference.......
  20. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,933 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    heard that year after year round here.
    You are what your record is.
    8-8, thats us right now, mediocre epitomised. We MAY get better but you cant say we should be ranked higher because we just didnt prove we deserve to be