1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Power Rankings are bull

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Arkyvarminter, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,029 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    If all of our starters were healthy and we played the Ravens tomorrow I wouldn't be worried..
  2. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,744 Messages
    366 Likes Received
    I'll take that position..#theneedycantbegreedy
  3. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,342 Messages
    402 Likes Received
    I don't think Dallas is any more injured than any other team if you trend it out over several years. They just come up short each year healthy or not healthy.
  4. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,818 Messages
    2,664 Likes Received
    The Bears absolutely destroyed us in Dallas before we had many injuries.

But sure, if we're all healthy and things go right for us, of course we can get in the playoffs and win a game or two. We definitely have the talent for it.
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,420 Messages
    2,122 Likes Received
    Let off?

Getting walked over in a play-in game for the playoffs?

I'd say 13 is incredibly kind of him.
  6. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,361 Messages
    562 Likes Received
    I agree. And it matters A LOT that we were very banged up and finished 8-8. I agree wholeheartedly that we are heading up, not horizontally, or even down.

But that ranking does not bother me one bit. Let's talk after FA and the draft.
  7. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,204 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    a lot of teams will say that, and in a debate where there is no clear fact, everyone is right.
  8. Arkyvarminter

1,029 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    I agree with you. I just believe that this team is better than what the record was last year. I know that you are what your record says you are but if you factor in all the things that happened last year a person could argue that we could have easily been 10-6, in the playoffs, and so on. It just seems to me that everything that could go wrong, went wrong last year. I'm not making excuses but with the injuries, penalties, play calling, etc, everything went south in a hurry and that can't, for all practical purposes, repeat itself.........
  9. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,432 Messages
    387 Likes Received

:stupid:
  10. ShiningStar

6,204 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    and sometimes it just does and sometimes this organization does it to itself and some fans have to accept that. ITs like with certain fans of certain teams, they have to understand their ogranization it not in it to win the big one. Make some money, high five your friends you own a football team, and pretty much call it a day. if you win great, if not, not the end of the day. Lately Dallas has taken that approach. WE werent JJs number 1 priority and hed rather lose and play GM instead of looking at the picture and stepping back. and this is why i have even less faith in stephen. WE just have to accept it.

yes you can blame injuries, but when other teams have injuries and dont skip a beat, why dont we do it? when we know ST is a problem and we keep the coach, does that say we take it serious? we know when Garrett is stumped on the side lines looking at his watch wishing to be somewhere else, and if the team goes 8-8 again, is it the team? No, its an organization that has collected the data and than turned off the light and went about their business. Some teams do this. Sorry, but thats life.

Im not blasting your post, this is all my chatting it up with you. But for the past 16 years dallas has had excuse after excuse, at some point you have to cut the excuses and say "its me and its time to change" and if you dont pass that point, you are running in place and fighting so hard for average. Thats what dallas has been doing for a long time. Im hoping they woke up, but im not putting faith in it. I just accept them for who they are and some days more than most, they arent the winners, and its not the refs, its not the bounces, its you. We either accept that, for pay for therapy in one form or another.
  11. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,284 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    lolololol @ the people who think our team was any good when healthy
  12. Arkyvarminter

1,029 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    I agree...There is one constant involved with this team for the last 16 years. I think Garrett is trying to win despite that one constant. I think Garrett can do it and I think Jerry knows it. I have had my doubts about Garrett but mostly due to his playcalling. He knows what this team needs to get to the SB and that has me optimistic. Everyone talks about the talent on this team because this team does have alot of talent. I think Garrett will draft well this year and make the team that much better. I don't think Romo will throw all the int's he threw this year either. The only thing that worries me is depth. We don't have enough depth at key positions. I know that other teams have injuries but when you lose half your defense, and a couple of those guys are pro bowl caliber players, the team simply can't overcome that. I just think we are getting close. The ONLY thing that I am concerned about is the hiring of all these coaches. I hope Garrett had a say in the hiring process.......
  13. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,033 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    I don't see a problem with it...
  14. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    This is said every year. Another question is "why do you think they will be better?" This team could regress just as easy as they could win a game or two more. The smart money is on another 8-8 season. That prediction will be close to the actual record.
  15. ShiningStar

6,204 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    teh same is said of all teams . how many fans on here get worked up over the eagles only to see them fail?
  16. Arkyvarminter

1,029 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    1. No way will we face the injuries like we did last year.
    2. Romo won't throw the int's like he did last year.
    3. Our O line will be better.
    4. Our running game will be better.
    5. We get another safety who is actually good.
    6. The D line will be better.
    7. We cut down on the penalties.

I think we can do all of these things. We will win 10 games this season. I know its hard to be optimistic with the way things have gone but your either optimistic and hoping things improve or your a pessimist and expect the same results. Its your choice..........
    :)
  17. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    Being realistic about it, I don't see any of the things you listed as things that can be expected to change. You can hope that they do, but it is only hopes. The biggest excuse for the last season was the injuries. The team played better after the injuries than before. Everything you listed are problems that have been around for years. Why fo you expect some magic offseason that fixes these problems? I have heard this too many times to believe it without seeing it. All of these problems are fixable. I just don't see them being fixed.
  18. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,919 Messages
    1,303 Likes Received
    That exact post has been made around these parts in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, and 2007.

Thank you for being the first to do so in 2013 :laugh2:
  19. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,637 Messages
    1,561 Likes Received
    I quit reading here. Two years of 8-8. Only a Cowboys fan would think we should be ranked anywhere in the top 10.
  20. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Active Member

941 Messages
    243 Likes Received
    Exactly what I thought. I felt that we should have been ranked about 16th. We're 8 and 8, middle of the pack.