1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Practice update - 11/13/13 **Miles returns**

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 13, 2013.

1. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,480 Messages
    1,258 Likes Received
    Hmm, I thought I saw Wilber listed at 243 or something like that somewhere. Brown looks like a giant out there compared to some of these guys.
  2. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,038 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Teams using the 4-3 normally carry 8-9 lineman. Five of the guys supposed to be on that line, at draft time, are now gone. Ware has been injured recently, and now Hatcher. Of the group of Dlinemen they are playing, only one or two would be on the team at all, in a non-inury situation.

And like the man said, look at Atlanta. A few key injuries at the same position, and they're toast.
    JPM likes this.
  3. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,812 Messages
    1,086 Likes Received
    Did u say Miles returned? Oh snap! CHAMPIONSHIP!
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,941 Messages
    5,330 Likes Received
    The championship post might have been funny the 1st ten thousand that it was used here, but not so much anymore.
  5. panchucko

panchucko We have a pretty good offense Zone Supporter

2,013 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    Hooray for Miles, even though I like TW, and sort of like what Beasley does, I just don't think the opposing defenses fear them, they can't take over a game. The threat of a healthy Miles will do wonders for our offense
  6. ka0tik

ka0tik DALLAS

2,871 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    I heard miles ran into lee on a play and glass shattered .
  7. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,812 Messages
    1,086 Likes Received
    Lol. You're funny.

It will never cease to make me laugh. Then again, I am easily amused.

CaptainMorgan likes this.
  8. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,016 Messages
    506 Likes Received
    Some people just take themselves to seriously.
    Bleu Star likes this.
  9. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,693 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    would love to see bruce carter get sum burn at MLB with lee out but i guess it must be too much for him.
  10. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,699 Messages
    618 Likes Received
    Is Brown the Everett that keeps getting knocked on his butt? Or was that Dawkins? I would say I can't tell them apart, but all of the newbies look the same these days: Brown, Dawkins, Nevis and now Irvin.

Only Wynn, Selvie and Hayden have seemed to distinguish themselves within Marinelli's Misfits.
  11. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,382 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    I have no faith in Miles Austin staying healthy. I think we need to part ways with him this off-season.He was a heck of a receiver for a few years but he has a glass hamstring.
  12. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

2,817 Messages
    1,777 Likes Received
    Interesting.

I didn't know that every team but the Cowboys could lose 50% of their projected starting Dline before the season even kicks off, their top 2 Dline back ups, a HoF DE for half the season, an all pro MLB , their starting corner and safety and just plug the next man in...no problem.
    dogberry likes this.
  13. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Exactly, I can't image any team that would lose its entire D-line and be OK.
  14. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,812 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Claiborne, Wilcox/Johnson, Carr, Church, Scandrick, Lee, Carter, Durant, Ratliff, Hatcher, Spencer, Ware (100%) sounds potentially like a good defense. With Crawford and Bass in rotation. We'll never know because over half of them are missing.
  15. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,671 Messages
    4,944 Likes Received
    Atlanta has had DL injuries but losing Julio Jones for the season and Roddy White for a good chunk of it has doomed them just as bad.

The DL is no worse now than it was several weeks ago. Our secondary is ailing more than anything else. We have only one legitimate safety and no legitimate third corner.
  16. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,917 Messages
    469 Likes Received
    I don't know about that... Nevis has looked like a pretty good pusher in the middle.
  17. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,917 Messages
    469 Likes Received
    What you say makes sense but it seems to happen every year. At what point do we say "Maybe our depth is an issue" or is it a correctable training staff issue or maybe something else. The problem isn't that we don't have a productive replacement for all of them, it's that we don't have a productive replacement for ANY of them.
  18. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Or the starters can't stay healthy the whole season.
  19. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,142 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    does anyone even care about Miles return at this point?
  20. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,941 Messages
    5,330 Likes Received
    Brown took some snaps at DT against the Saints and was knocked down once that I know about. At 6-1, 263 he would be a freak if he didn't get pushed around playing DT against Guards like Jari Evans.