1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Prairie View A&M's Adrian Hamilton

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Mar 10, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,393 Messages
    1,262 Likes Received
    Prairie View A&M's Adrian Hamilton is one extreme example. The defensive end went to Oklahoma State and Texas Tech but couldn't gain a scholarship at either school. Eventually he ended up in the Southwestern Athletic Conference and had 22 sacks as a senior.

He's been ignored and passed over repeatedly. Hamilton was not invited to the recent NFL scouting combine and projects as a late-round pick in the April draft.

One week before Hamilton reported to Oklahoma State, he learned he'd be a "gray shirt." Thus, he would need to pay his own way for a semester. After one year, Hamilton decided to transfer to Texas Tech as a preferred walk-on and reunite with Michael Crabtree, his high school teammate. And while he was "dismissed" by the team, Hamilton said he left after one year because he couldn't afford school. He had a daughter to support.

Hamilton went to a community college, earned his associate degree and then finally got a scholarship at Prairie View A&M.

He was used everywhere - defensive end, outside linebacker and inside linebacker - to rush the quarterback. His base position was end, but the defense also switched to a 3-4 at times.

In the pros, Hamilton views himself as a 3-4 edge rusher. All season, he studied Packers linebacker Clay Matthews on film.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-good-at-mining-for-draft-gems-ae4er03-142214135.html
  2. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Hamilton is the Nephew of former Cowboys DB James Washington.

FYI, he also has a cousin who is a scout for the Buffalo Bills
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,393 Messages
    1,262 Likes Received
    22 sacks in a season is alot at any level.
  4. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,597 Messages
    569 Likes Received
    I am a big fan of Hamilton's too. I brought him up some time ago and was told he was "blah, blah" (insert your favorite ignorant remark).

I think he could be a great UFA for the Cowboys. No matter the level, he studies the game and is consistently productive.
  5. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,756 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    seeing as he is a local kid, I can see Dallas bringing him in for a workout and interview...and I can even see them having him on their list of possible 7th round and UDFA players.
  6. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Could be a late round sleeper pick
  7. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,633 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    It's players like these Dallas needs to look at late in the draft... He is driven to succeed and excel. These are the type that blossom due to hard hard work, ala Miles Austin, I hope they take a good long hard look at him and I hope he graduated or at least close, then we'll know for sure his will to succeed is not just driven by football but life.