1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pre-Season 2012 NFL Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by DFlo, Sep 4, 2011.

1. DFlo

DFlo New Member

27 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey guys, I just re-did my mock draft for the start of the 2011 season. Completely overhauled the site so I would love to hear your feedback on both the site and the mock if you don't mind.

Here's the link:

2012 NFL Mock Draft
  2. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I seriously doubt the Panthers take luck. If they end up last, that doesn't mean Cam is a failure, it means he needs time to grow into the league. They need to give him weapons.
  3. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,590 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    I like the site but not to happy with the pick of the Cowboys. I thnk that we need a CB in the 1st rd. Thanks for sharing.
  4. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,776 Messages
    581 Likes Received
    Really like the format and look of your site. Clean logos and images.

Not sure if I'd be happy with Crick. I wish he was bigger than 285 lbs. Plus, with recent contract extensions to Spears and Hatcher, plus youngsters Clifton Geathers and Sean Lissemore, I don't see DE as big as need as S, CB, and interior OL.

Same players available I'd go Manti Te'o or Michael Brewster. Even though ILB is not a top need either, Te'o is special and is exactly the type of tough, physical linebacker we need. I'm not sold on Costa but come draft time, we should know exactly what we have at Center.

Also, watch out for Brandon Boykin from Georgia. I can't see him lasting to the 2nd round.
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,270 Messages
    1,217 Likes Received
    Nice site, might want to pay a bit of attention to the dark text on dark colors though, some of them are really hard to read.

Where he has us picking, the next best available CB is Stephon Gilmore, but I don't see Cliff Harris at all, any particular reason?

Under this scenario, I might be tempted to take Michael Brewster and keep rebuilding that oline, depending on how Costa does.
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    I am always leary of Nebraska linemen (Suh excluded). There are alot of guys after Crick that I like alot. Appears to be a deep draft.
  7. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,551 Messages
    581 Likes Received
    No way Carolina takes Luck
  8. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,163 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    Even if it's not us, Michael Brewster will be long gone by 23. The top center has gone from the 21rst pick (09') to the 18th pick (10') and then the 15th pick (11') over the last 3 drafts.

And Brewster may be the best of the 3, definately better than Mike Pouncey who was drafted the highest. Come April Brewster *may* be a top 10 pick, especially with lower rookie salaries.
  9. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,270 Messages
    1,217 Likes Received
    Congratulations for getting in the earliest "Long Gone" post of the year. :laugh2:

Let me just add that unless he can also play LT, he won't be a Top 10 pick. It's not just about the money.
  10. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,163 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    Did you think the leser talented Pouncey would go 15th? I know it seems far fetched, but for the longest time, safties didn't get drafted in the top 10. Now, it seems like every other year one does. Sometimes twice in a year.

Right now, with all the teams running a 3-4, the center position is becoming a premium position and Brewster looks like the best prospect since Mangold, so it could happen.
  11. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,565 Messages
    2,944 Likes Received
    The Panthers will take Kalil. Cam Newton is going to be a good NFL Quarterback. Now they just need to block for him.

I will also vomit if we take Jared Crick instead of a S or CB in the first round next year. Or Manti T'eo still on the board.
  12. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    At the moment I have Upshaw at the top of my wishlist.
  13. DFlo

DFlo New Member

27 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks for the feedback guys, the reason Cliff Harris is not in round one was because of all the legal troubles + the reported 4.8 40 that he ran at Oregon.
  14. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,776 Messages
    581 Likes Received
    I doubt that's legit. Harris could run a 4.8 carrying his arresting officer on his back.
  15. windward

windward NFL Historian

15,135 Messages
    436 Likes Received
    Having Sean Lee and either Manti or Burfict as our ILBS...

That would be heavenly.