1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Prediction: RG3 = Jason Campbell

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Dumbsheet, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Dumbsheet

Dumbsheet New Member

45 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Some may not agree, but I've looked at film and at stats and it is looking more and more like RG-3PO is just another Jason Campbell but with more speed, media attention and sexy dread locks.

If you look at the stats, you will see the two are essentially the same quarterback. They both had high completion percentages. They both throw most of their completions and passes short or behind the LOS. Neither could throw for many yards, usually between 150-250 a game. Both had high TD to INT ratios. The only thing RG cubed clearly has over Jason Bubble is that he's fast and can run around a lot.

Those are all good things rigth? Except consider this. Jason also had a pretty decent start for the Skynyrds. Even went 6-2 with Jimmy Crack Zorn and I Don't Care as the coach back in 2008. But his limitation ate him up eventually. He couldn't carry the team or even close to it. The league figure him out and how to defend him and now he's all but out of the NFL.

In time, I think RG will end up the same way. It may take longer, and he may have a bit more success since he can run, but the guy can't read pre-snap defenses (like Campbell), always seems to check down to the safe guy (Campbell), and now it looks like he has happy feet (again, Campbell) thanks to the hit he took.

If you don't buy it, watch this Sunday. He won't even come close to replicating what happened on Turkey day. All running qbs have to eventually show they can play real Quarterback and show poise in the pocket and run smartly to avoid rush or get a few yards and get out of bounce. Most can't and most disappear after a few years. You can only survive off of gimmicky college offensive crapola for so long. When the league catches up to RG cubed (and it will) you will even further see his resemblence to Jason Cambpell. Take the trick out of the pony and soon all you're left with is a gimp pony.

:laugh1:
  2. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,761 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Errrmmm....what?
  3. SkinsFan82

SkinsFan82 Member

286 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Been looking at film eh? Breaking down the tape?

Guess you're smarter than 90%+ of the guys that do this for a living, you should really look into getting a front office job with an NFL franchise.

If only the Redskins had someone of your caliber, could have saved us a lot of draft picks. :(
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,968 Messages
    9,053 Likes Received
    I'd bet every dollar I have the above statement is coming from someone who a few short years ago thought that Campbell was the future star to carry their team.

I fart in your general direction.
  5. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,130 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    Nothing would make me happier, but it just isn't true. I do think he has a high completion percentage due to the type of passes he throws, play action/check downs. But his accuracy on these passes is so much better than Jason Campbell ever was.
  6. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,243 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I should just put this ESPN article in my sig

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/stor...-robert-griffin-iii-become-more-aaron-rodgers

7. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

1,479 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    You maybe right over the long haul. But one thing RGIII has is leadership.
    Today was the first time I heard him say something Dumb.
    "Sunday just another game we can't make to much out of it we are payed to play and win" No Robert Sunday is a big game.
  8. Risen Star

21,968 Messages
    9,053 Likes Received
    You don't think he has a high completion percentage because of the passes he throws, he does have a high completion percentage because of the passes he throws.

That is not sustainable. Despite all the injun chatter. You will not see him sustain that kind of accuracy through his career because he'll have to be a big boy QB running a big boy offense and with that comes much tougher reads and throws. So the completion percentage this year is completely irrelevant to me in the paint by numbers offense Rat Face has installed for him.

That's just the fact of the matter.
  9. MyBad

MyBad Member

88 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    LOL:lmao2::bow:
  10. SkinsHokieFan

2,243 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I have disproven your "logic" so many times its failing to amuse me

11. Kevin

Kevin Redskins Fan

216 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't post often, but I just want to point something out.

As of two weeks ago, RG3 led the league in yards per pass attempt. I don't know what it is now, but that stat in itself is proof that RG3 has the confidence and ability that Campbell lacked.
  12. SkinsHokieFan

2,243 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    The only thing that Campbell and RG3 have in common are they are from the south :)
  13. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,130 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    I did say the throws he makes inflates his accuracy numbers, but unlike a Campbell he hits these guys in stride. I think eventually he the hits will add up and he''ll have to run an nfl offense, but I have seen nothing to indicate he is Campbell 2.0
  14. Risen Star

21,968 Messages
    9,053 Likes Received
    I think Campbell's pretty awful so I agree. I didn't make that comparison. But I can confidently say that the vast majority of the feather wearing faithful anointing Griffin now did the very same thing with Campbell not too long ago.

So it's comical to see how unfair it is to compare him to a guy that was once their savior.
  15. SkinsHokieFan

2,243 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Define an NFL offense.

Is it one that puts up 38 points a week and with a 36 point output would have the highest output for a franchise in 20 years?

Can NFL offenses evolve at all? Or should we still be running the wishbone?
  16. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,644 Messages
    1,395 Likes Received
    Your logic has been dis-proven many times over and it still amuses me. Saying Brady throws more short passes because he completes his short passes at a higher percentage rate than Griffin is beyond ridiculous. It is made sillier when you put it in a large font. Just a bad use of statistics.

Griffin is a better QB than Campbell. I don't see the comparison at all.
  17. SkinsFan82

SkinsFan82 Member

286 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    You would be wrong, as you usually are. :)
  18. SkinsHokieFan

2,243 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Its in large font so you are able to comprehend what is being stated.

Brady HAS THROWN fewer then 10 yards on 81 percent of his completions.

Meaning out of Brady's completion, 81 percent are for 10 yards or less

At the time of this article being published, 74 percent of RG3's completed passes were 10 yards or less

Brady is clearly running a college offense.

And yes, the RG3=Campbell comparision only makes sense when you talk about the region of the country they are from.
  19. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,644 Messages
    1,395 Likes Received
    I understand what those stats tried to say just fine. They didn't need to be in a large font. They still are useless. It is the attempts that matter. At the time you first posted that article a larger percentage of RGIII pass attempts were thrown at 10 yards are less compared to Brady. Brady was just better at completing those passes. It is a simple concept that you and that article chose to ignore.
  20. SkinsHokieFan

2,243 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    How do the attempts matter more then the completions?

Brady is completing 80 percent of his passes within 10 yards. RG3 is completing 74 percent within 10 yards.

The point being that Brady, similar to RG3, is maximizing the short passing game and taking what is being given to him rather then forcing things downfield. When things open up downfield, like on Thanksgiving, RG3 is hitting them