1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Prediction: RG3 = Jason Campbell

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Dumbsheet, Dec 26, 2012.

1. snowrider

snowrider New Member

13 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So basically what you are saying is that the redskin coaches are putting their players in a position to succeed and the cowboy coaches aren't
  2. AmericasTeam31

AmericasTeam31 Active Member

1,226 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Somewhat. Yes. More importantly though, I'm saying that fans are typically blind to whatever others want them to see. In this case, many, not all, ignore the benefits of the strong running game. Instead proclaiming that the strong running game is a direct result of RG's abilities while ignoring the extreme benefits that it provides to RG in the passing game. There are two teams in the league that you watch and the first thing you notice is "man, they always have receivers running around seemingly uncovered." Washington and Houston. What do they have in common? Strong running games and a lot of bootleg play action passes and/or read option passes in Washington's case. That is the fact that Washington fans ignore. The WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS thanks to the play action from a dominant RUNNING GAME! It's not surprising at all, it's only been Shanahan's calling card for like 15 years or so....
  3. snowrider

snowrider New Member

13 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    True ,good point. A strong running game setting up play action was Gibbs calling card also. No coincidence that Cowboys super bowl teams had the great Emmit Smith to make defenses account for. It is interesting that teams like Packers,Saints and Patriots have won Super Bowls with virtually no running game but I think teams are way better served with a balanced attack
  4. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,085 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    I just don't think this pistol is the next evolution in NFL Offenses. As time goes on and RG3 get's hit more and more, you'll see a decline in speed and an inability to stay on the field for more than a few games. Evan as a rookie, he's been knocked out of 1 game in the third with a concussion, sprained a knee late in the 4th and missed one game with the same injury.

Next year, when NFL defenses have more tape on him, and he actually faces defenses that are good (only top 15 teams he's played are Pitt, Car, St.Louis and Philly), the hits will add up.

For him to survive, you'll see a drastic reduction in the planned runs and an elimination of the option. Untill we see a guy with Cam Newton's size and RG3's speed, it just isn't viable in the NFL and even then, I'd be skeptical.
  5. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,829 Messages
    1,777 Likes Received
    RGIII is a stud. Campbell was always garbage.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,281 Messages
    3,020 Likes Received
    Sorry RGIII looks a lot more poised than Campbell does today. RGIII talent are a lot better than Campbell could ever dream of. I hate the skins as much as the next Cowboy fan but this kid has talent and is very smart.
  7. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

946 Messages
    151 Likes Received
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,423 Messages
    1,297 Likes Received
    Interesting screen name ya got there. Says it all.
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,926 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    Sorry, but you really are Dumbsheet if you believe your own thread.
  10. Dumbsheet

Dumbsheet New Member

45 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey I have a thick skin and I know what I say is unpopular, even aroudn here. But I speak my mind and I think my prediciton will come true. It looks silly now, but in a few years, I think you all will see what I mean. They laughed at the guy who tried to make computers smaller so they could be used in every household too.

Anyway, I think the real reason so many people have man love for this RG trez guy is because he is the most hyped up player coming out of college since...??? Hard to even recollect one that had this much fan fair.

Want more evidence? RG-3PO was AGAIN made rookie of the week. Yep. After a very pedestrian game when he rushed for 4 yards and threw for less than 200 yards (again) against a bad team. However, Russell Wilson LIGHTHS IT UP against a top tier 49ers team with 4tds and tons of yards and he gets ignored. Hmmm, I guess WIlson needs to grow some dreadlocks.

:lmao:
  11. DFWJC

22,926 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    Could not believe RG3 got rookie of the week and mention for NFL player of the week, last week.

But come on DS, even being the visionary that you are, you can't possibble think RG3 = Campbell.:laugh2:
  12. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,329 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received
    I thought Andrew Luck was more hyped up coming out of college. When you are referred to as the best QB prospect since John Elway for over a year before the draft, that is being hyped. Before that I would say Reggie Bush was the most hyped up player.
  13. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,329 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received
    It is a fan vote.
  14. Skinsmaniac

Skinsmaniac Boycotting Snyder since 2009

1,447 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thought I'd share this stat I learned today. Here's a list of all QBs who have completed at least 66% of their passes in a season, thrown interceptions on 1.3% or fewer of their passes, and thrown for at least 8.3 yards per attempt:

1) Aaron Rodgers (2011)
    2) RGIII (2012 in progress)
  15. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,451 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    No, I think RG3 is much better.
  16. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong Zone Supporter

8,474 Messages
    575 Likes Received
    I will throw it out there and rue later I suppose, but I think the Redskins have themselves a decade-plus long answer at the position.
  17. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,015 Messages
    24 Likes Received
  18. DFWJC

22,926 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    I would agree except I feel certain he's going to have concussion issues before then.
  19. DFWJC

22,926 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    David Garrard was close in 2007, but not quite there.
  20. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,926 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    RGIII is really good and is going to be a pain in our butts for years to come, but Aaron Rodgers threw a LOT more passes. The fact that he threw so many passes and still accomplished that puts him on another level as a passer, IMO.

Still though, it's definitely something to be proud of. RGIII is a rookie afterall.