1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Prediction: RG3 = Jason Campbell

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Dumbsheet, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Dumbsheet

Dumbsheet New Member

45 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    RG-3PO has actually looked WORSE than Jason Bubble tonight. Unfortunately the Cowboys have too many injuries and look just as bad. Dez is out now. I feel good about next year when we get healthy again. I also feel good that RG cubed's shrine in Canton may go on hold for a little bit. :laugh1:
  2. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,150 Messages
    1,925 Likes Received
    Please delete.
  3. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,138 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    Yep, missed it by thhhhhaatttt much.
  4. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,015 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Griffin went 5-1 against the NFC East in his rookie year, and led the team to the NFCE title, simple math proves RG3 does not equal JC.

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android
  5. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,911 Messages
    2,102 Likes Received
    Time will tell how good RG3 is, or will be.

This off season every coaching staff will be working on ways to stop the Skins offense. Things will be different next year. I dont know why the NFL is always so slow to respond to things, especially something as simple as what the Skins have done all year, but they will have a game plan to stop it. You can bet on that. Then we'll see if RG3 can adjust.

My guess is he'll provide some excitement for a couple of years and then end up just like Vick, Cunningham, and other similar types. He'll get hit and roughed up. He looks pretty fragile and just isnt big enough to take a pounding consistently - and he'll get it.

And once again we will see that to win consistently in the NFL and get to the Promised Land an NFL prototype QB is what wins. Andrew Luck will still be rolling and RG3 will be like Romo - a tease for the fans of his team.
  6. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,015 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    1) the OP statement is RG3 = Jason Campbell. Clearly Campbell never led his team to a div title, or a 5-1 division record, and RG3 clearly was a leader of this team above and beyond just his play as a qb.

2) I am tired of making speculative arguments toward Luck and Griffin. Only one rookie qb led their team to a Division Title by going 5-0 against their division rivals in the 2nd half of the season. Truly though I look forward to seeing Griffin, Luck, and Wilson play for the next several years.

7. justcheckinuout

justcheckinuout Member

39 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dude what do you expect on a cowboys site??

Im a skins fan but I generally just read and not post much...why?? Because this is a place thats all about cowboys and Fans . I understand not to troll thats why i keep my pie hole shut after a big win. I expect them to just keep on bashing. Let the rivarly get bigger!!! Good sportsman ship is what I say.

You do know the game sunday night set a record for NBC ratings!! Says alot about the fan base on both sides.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...egular-season-primetime-game-cowboys-redskins
  8. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,344 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Not even close. Jason Campbell had zero intangibles while RG3 is a leader.
  9. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,015 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Last I checked the nfl zone portion is for general discussion, and this specific thread specifically discusses Griffin v JC, which seems like a reasonable place for a Skins fan who also is a member to express his opinions. I absolutely understand this is a Cowboys fan site, and I try hard to be respectful, and express my opinions clearly, without vitriol or trollish behavior. So, if you want to keep your "pie hole" shut towards cowboys fans on the site, please feel free to keep it shut towards me as well. Thanks

10. justcheckinuout

justcheckinuout Member

39 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    no problem ....L
  11. PiLfan

PiLfan New Member

6 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well this is certainly an interesting prediction, dummy.

I mean I know RG has already accomplished a gazillion more things in his rookie season than JC has managed in his entire career, and I know you are famous (infamous?) for your predictions that never came true during your ESPN message board days, but hey I guess anything can be speculative so long as the future remains an uncertainty, right?

But just to see how well your prediction is fairing so far to date, let's compare the two:

RGIII highlights:

[youtubehd]FFQ3MmjmlmQ[/youtubehd]

Jason Campbell highlights:

[youtubehd]RgGG4E0oxlo[/youtubehd]

Yep, good call there dummy. :bow:
  12. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,553 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    This is an embarrassing thread.
  13. Dumbsheet

Dumbsheet New Member

45 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Go back to your skynyrd board, PiL-popping-fan. That's your answer? Youtube highlights? Fine, here's one of Jason Bubble. Compare this one with your RG-cubed and you'll see more what I'm talking about. One, Bubble was more of a real quaterback running a real NFL offense than RG trinity, and two, neither quarterback has what it takes to really succeed long term in this league. We'll see in a few years, but I know I'll be wright.

[youtubehd]UBpDlCUagxc[/youtubehd]

Enjoy your one and done appearance. It may well be the last one for RG triple and his dreadlocks.
  14. ragintd

ragintd Member

61 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Your far from wright. RG3 and Campbell 1st years aren't even COMPARABLE. Keep up the delusion. There is nothing about these 2 guys that are the same. Speed, talent, intelligence, desire, or intangibles. This kid is just embarking on his career and doing things that Campbell never dreamed of. Every week, RG3 gets better. The coaches add more each week. That's one of the reasons why it been hard for DCs to figure him out. Each team has advance scouts working many games in advance to give their teams profiles and tendencies to get a one up. This isn't baseball or basketball. Each game counts. Losing 1 game is the difference of making the playoffs or watching them. For example, if the cowboys had beaten the Bucs, they would be in the playoffs and not the Vikes.

Funny thing is everyone says "oh just wait till next year after DCs have time to study him". This was after everyone said "oh wait till there is a couple of games of film on him to study him". Guarantee the Shannys (unless young shanny get's a head coaching gig and then it will be just daddy shanny) will cook up some new wrinkles and plays to further develop and confound DCs.

Keep wishing my friend. Think you should be more worried about Ohno Tony Romo right now. Skins future is very bright right now.
  15. Dumbsheet

Dumbsheet New Member

45 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Looks like I need to revise this thread.

RGIII = Napolean Kaufman, not Jason Campbell.

He's done. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't play another down in the NFL. His demise happened even faster than I thought it would.

Oh well, I guess ESPN will just have to find another flash in the pan to geesh themselves over. :laugh1:
  16. KLJ

KLJ Member

253 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    at this point it looks like rg3 won't touch campbell's career. maybe there is something to be said for checking down every play.
  17. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,015 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Because torn ACL's are never ever recoverable by qb's. got it.
  18. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,769 Messages
    604 Likes Received
    I don't believe he has a ligitimate medical degree.