Project Dallas' top 3 needs in the 2018 Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by radioactivecowboy88, Jun 7, 2017.

?

What 3 positions will be the Cowboys biggest needs? (Pick 3)

This poll will close on Jun 7, 2018 at 12:21 PM.
  1. QB

2. RB

3. OL (have to combined all 5 OL positions)

4. DT

5. LB

6. CB

7. S

8. WR

9. TE

10. DE

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

3,441 Messages
    2,510 Likes Received
    Lack of votes for DT surprises me... sure we all like Collins but he still needs to establish himself as the disruptive 3T that this scheme requires to succeed. Paea and Thornton are JAGs.

We'll never go where we need to go on defense until we become stout up front, DTs are the C/Gs of offense... not the sexy picks but absolutely critical to winning where it matters most, at the middle of LOS.

DE still needs to sort itself out and may very well be a top need again in 2018, but at least we have some young ascending players there who could turn into answers this season. At DT we have Collins and nothing else.

2. kiheikiwi

kiheikiwi Maui No Ka Oi

1,622 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    1 and 1A are a 1-tech and Strong Safety.
    3 - After the year plays out we will know more, but, it's either a TE or DE at this point.

3. GORICO

GORICO Member

64 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    i think we will get a good crop in draft next year along with our supplemental picks..also i think we will do more in free agency..we have a little window before Dak
    commands QB money and we should go for broke...lets have one year of the good ol Jerry gun-slinging financial blowout and grab some stars to kick some butt
    It sure worked good For New York Giants...they turned their season around just from free agency blow-out pick-ups...so next year killer draft and killer free agency
    pickups and kick some serious NFL butt

4. bodi

bodi Well-Known Member

2,953 Messages
    1,053 Likes Received
    have to agree we also need a LBer

Trouty likes this.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and brew... Staff Member

25,028 Messages
    11,301 Likes Received
    DE, LB, TIE TE/SS

haleyrules, Trouty and bodi like this.
  6. radioactivecowboy88

radioactivecowboy88 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,060 Messages
    1,825 Likes Received
    I think Xavier Woods has enough potential to hold off SS being a need in 2018. Even if SS is a **** show with Heath and Banton (is that his name?) Woods should at least get a chance to prove himself next year. If Woods can't do it, I'd say SS definitely becames a need in 2019.

Trouty likes this.
  7. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

13,647 Messages
    1,427 Likes Received
    I am the QB vote. We have festering excrement behind our Captain. We need a viable, reliable back-up, just in case.

8. armadillooutlaw

armadillooutlaw New Member

6 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I voted DE, DT and LB. DE has suspensions and Injury guys, expiring contracts, ect., LB we have Sean Lee and who? I had hopes for Wilson but he's a moron, Jaylon might be something but we just dont know yet. And DT...we've made investments per se, but they need to take the 1-T more seriously. And our big 3T signing doesn't even know if he's a DE or a DT right now. Tired of getting gashed up the middle for long gains.

radioactivecowboy88 likes this.
  9. radioactivecowboy88

radioactivecowboy88 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,060 Messages
    1,825 Likes Received
    I'm right there behind u. Just not sure the #2 QB next year should be a rookie, tbh I'd rather trade a 4 or 5 for a vet.

10. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

13,647 Messages
    1,427 Likes Received
    A vet would be nice, but the crop of backup vets in the league right now are pure manure. I miss the 90s and 2000s where a solid vet could be found. In the last 5-8 years or so, they have seemed to have vanished off the face of the planet.