1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pulling for Dwayne Harris this weekend

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Nation, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,205 Messages
    748 Likes Received
    Of course I am hoping that every one of our players plays well, but I hope Harris gets an opportunity on Sunday if Miles is out, and that he makes the most of it.

I think he can be a good player and his treatment compared to his performance reminds me of when Miles got sent back to the bench when they traded for Roy Williams. Miles had shown some production in limited reps and then midyear instead of increasing those reps the team went out and traded a first for Roy. On a lesser scale I think Harris has shown to be worthy of the bulk of the #3 WR snaps, but is playing behind a 3rd round rookie at least partially due to draft status. I'm certainly not expecting a Miles in 2009 breakout, but I hope Harris makes the most of his opportunity because I think he's earned it.
  2. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,610 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    If he starts, Miles Austin will never get his spot back. Harris is that good!
  3. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,527 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    Miles is paid way too much to lose his job to injury this season.
  4. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    oh boy.

Austin is not losing his spot to any of these guys. he plays all three positions.

harris can play inside and outside but he is not on austins level playing outside although he has been a very good blocker.

and Austin was injured in 08 that is why he never had the opportunity...he fell behind because of the injury in the preseason.

when he returned and played he was open a lot and wasn't really utilized.
  5. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

5,817 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    I love Dwayne's game but we already know what we have in him. You guys act like he doesn't get chances. He does and he makes the most of them. But he's going to sit Austin on the bench? Yea right.
  6. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

424 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    I know people like to take shots at Miles Austin..but miles is very good. That is literally the only reason he's still here. Either our conditioning coach is flat stanley or Austin is a habitual self injurer lmao.
  7. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,067 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Miles is so overrated by our own fans. Name the last game he took over
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,954 Messages
    1,680 Likes Received
    Harris is hurting pretty bad, folks.
    You know he'll tough it out, but I'm not sure he'll be full speed.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,076 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    I'm pulling for Miles and Harris to be ready for Sunday. I want to win !!!!!
  10. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,954 Messages
    1,680 Likes Received
    I suspect that Beasley will get plenty of chances this weekend. But I'm hoping we attack the secondary deep.
  11. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,233 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Harris is unlikely to play.
    I think we see a lot of 12 rather than a bunch of backups at WR
  12. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,521 Messages
    2,067 Likes Received
    It's just a hip pointer. I bet he plays.
  13. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Lol what?

What does that even mean? Took over?

There are a number of wr around the league who have similar or worse numbers than Austin are always propped up but here taking over a game is what counts.
  14. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,853 Messages
    502 Likes Received
    The only person who has a shot of letting us rest Austin until, week 8ish or 9ish...and possibly trade him next year or release without breaking a sweat, is Williams...

He has a ton of Raw talent....Harris is a good WR, I think that's where the buck stops
  15. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,641 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    WE need all 3 backup receivers to step up this weekend.
  16. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,396 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    He's had some very productive games but he just can't avoid the hamstring problems. In 2010 he opened the season with back to back 10 catch games. He put up 146 yards vs Washington in the opener and 142 vs Chicago the following week. Two weeks later he had 9 catches for 166 vs Tenn. In 2011 he had 9 catches for 143 yards and 3 TD's vs SF in week 2 and ended up hurting his hammy in that game.

He missed several games that season due to that injury which bothered him all season. Last season he put up 9 catches for 133 yards vs the Giants. If he wasn't always hamstrung he would be more productive. It's something that's popped up every season since he's been a starter.
    Lonestar94 likes this.
  17. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    And yet he was more productive than about 75% of the rest of the leagues wr and a good portion of the leagues number 1 guys....players like Fitzgerald, boldin, bowe, Lloyd, MacLaine, Jackson, jones, Nelson, garçon, rice, nicks etc etc etc.
  18. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,396 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    It's unfortunate Harris isn't healthy this was a great opportunity for him to step us as a receiver.
    Lonestar94 likes this.
  19. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,641 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Beasley needs to be in the slot, this is where is a threat.
  20. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    He is playing Sunday and he has had lots of opportunities as a wr here.

He made a number of plays last year and a couple of really nice catches.