1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

QB ranking by tier including Romo

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ufcrules1, Feb 4, 2013.

1. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,800 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    Well, Romo had an AMAZING team all during his career.

I can't believe this...smh!

:rolleyes:
  2. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,737 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    Joshjwp,
    No offense but your list was horrible. You have Freeman over Kaepernick, Wilson, Cam, Cutler, Luck, Rivers, etc.

I appreciate you posting this list below, but man it is bad.

Originally Posted by joshjwp
    1. Rodgers
    2. P. Manning
    3. Brady
    4. Brees
    5. RG3 (if healthy)
    6. Romo
    7. Rothlis...
    8. Ryan
    9. E. Manning
    10. Flacco
    11. Stafford
    12. Dalton
    13. Freeman
    14. Kapernick
    15. Cutler
    16. Rivers
    17. Luck
    18. Wilson
    19. Schaub
    20. Vick
    21. Hasselbeck
    22. Fitzpatrick
    23. Bradford
    24. Ponder
    25. Newton
    26. Palmer
    27. Tannehill
    28. Cassell
    29. Weeden
    30. Sanchez
    31. Gabbert
    32. Kolb
  3. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,387 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    It only drives you crazy because Romo hasn't won a SB. Teams are driven by their QB and it takes at least 3 straight wins in postseason to win a championship. One slip up and you're done. It's hilarious everytime someone brings up Trent Dilfer when everyone knows he was carried to a SB win by one of the greatest defenses in NFL history. He's the only QB to ever be released immediately after winning a SB what does that tell you?

A bus driver winning a SB has only happened probably 4 times in SB history Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Jim McMahon and Jeff Hostetler. Each one of those QB's were average QB's at best who were carried to championships by great defenses. They also had a running game to lean on so all they had to do was manage the games and not make any mistakes. You'll never see another bus driver win a SB in this pass happy era.

Flacco went from a bus driver to a QB who could carry his team. Had Flacco not developed into the big game passer he's become the Ravens would have come up short again. Flacco has taken his game to another level and he needed to because the Ravens weren't the defensive team they've been in the past. Neither Dilfer, Johnson, McMahon or Hostetler would have a ring if those SB's came down to them having to make plays.
  4. KJJ

10,387 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    He needs an organized team led by a solid head coach.
  5. 5Stars

25,800 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    Does he have that? A simple yes or no will suffice.

:cool:
  6. KJJ

10,387 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    Is that what it's going to take for Romo to win a championship an AMAZING team? He's had some good teams that have beaten 3 teams that went on to win the SB later that year. He had one team that beat a Giants team twice that went on to win the SB.
  7. KJJ

10,387 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    You know I never give a simple yes or no answer anyone can do that. :) Don't worry I'll spare you a novel and make it brief. No Romo isn't part of an organized team but he's been part of organized teams is the past under Parcells and even Wade was organized he just wasn't a good head coach.
  8. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

587 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    so when Tyler Wilson takes dallas to the playoffs in his first year where will he rank ?
  9. 5Stars

25,800 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    So, it is Romo's fault because he lost those games under Parcells and Wade's teams?

How many games did Romo play for Parcells? And, then you bring up Wade?

And now you and your wing man, ufcrules(nothing) blame the season ending loss on Romo, when right now you just admitted (although somewhat idiotic) that Romo is not part of an organized team.

Got it...

Carry on, KJJ.

10. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

587 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    :hammer: :hammer:
  11. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,235 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    Well, we score most of our points in the second half when Garrett sits on the bench eating a hot dog and tells Romo to go play sandlot ball.

So what do you think the answer is?
  12. 5Stars

25,800 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    I think it's Romo. The defense was winning most of those games. The oline was protecting him at all costs, the running game was thriving, special teams were kicking butt, and everyone on the team was doing THEIR job...except Romo. Turn the team over to Orton, or, hell, even Brady and this teams has most likely won at least one SB for the past few years.

Ask around this forum, you know I'm right!

13. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,235 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
  14. joshjwp

joshjwp Member

181 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I never said QB wasn't important. It is definitely the most important position on the team. However in a team sport the QB can play out of his mind and still lose the game (or never win a Superbowl) because of one or multiple others of the 21 players on the field.

Manning got lucky. He is overrated. Here's a few facts for anyone thinking Manning is better than Romo...
    Career interceptions per attempt Manning = 3.23% Romo = 2.81%
    Career touchdowns per attempt Manning = 4.73% Romo = 5.46%
    Career QB rating Manning = 82.7 Romo 95.6
    Career completion percentage Manning 58.6% Romo 64.7%
    (oh and btw yards per completion Manning 7.07 Romo 7.94 so Manning does more dinking and dunking and still has a way worse completion percentage)

I'm not going to take the time to look up the stats, but I gaurantee you Manning has had much much better defenses and running games backing him up over the years. He has two rings because he was a DECENT QB on a GREAT team with GREAT coaching. Romo is a really GOOD (notice I didn't say great) QB on an AVERAGE team (and with the acception of 2/3 of 1 season with Parcells) with HORRIBLE coaching. Romo is a better player. Period. He just has to shoulder more of the load to compensate for less talent around him.
  15. KJJ

10,387 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    So Parcells and Wade get all the blame for the losses the players don't deserve any? You won't find one post from me pointing the finger of blame entirely at Romo for any loss he's been apart of except for the loss to Detroit in 2011.

Why don't you go look it up instead of always asking me just start in week 6 and start counting it's not that difficult. :rolleyes: It's obvious you don't do any research you just like arguing for the sake of arguing. Yeah I brought up Wade you want to start an argument about that? lol I said Larry Allen would be a shoe in Hall of Famer and said to book it and you disagreed with me alll because you like following me around looking for an argument. :laugh2: This is a silly agenda you have.

Ufcrules is no longer my wingman according to him he has me on ignore. :laugh2: Show me a post where I blamed the season ending loss on Romo? This is all just part of your tiring agenda.
  16. joshjwp

joshjwp Member

181 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Freeman is pretty dang good other than his sophmore slump season. I actually made that list a few weeks ago during the "trade Schaub for Romo debate" and if I updated it I would probably move Kapernick up a bit.

Rivers is washed up. He can't manage anything without Vincent Jackson.

I hate to tell you bud...but if it wasn't for being able to run...Cam Newton wouldn't be a high school qb much less in the NFL. The guy is an absolutely terrible QB. He can't read a defense and he isn't accurate although he does have a strong arm.
  17. 5Stars

25,800 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    I'm not following you around. Bro, you are not that important to me.

I like reading your posts from time to time because I know you know your stuff, but at the same time, you make some stupid stuff that I just have to give you some crap. You think you are the smartest guy around here, and in some cases you are...however, there are those brain farts that you just throw out there at times that make me SMH!

Oh, and ufcrules(nothing) has you on ignore too? :laugh2:

He's a little weak minded and does not want to hear from someone like you...or me!
  18. CitySlicker202

CitySlicker202 Member

92 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I understand your perspective, but let's not kid ourselves here......heralded QBs are often judged by their Super Bowl rings, and the stats they've amassed over a career to suggest they were a critical piece to their franchise's winning ways.

Because of this, Marino, Moon, Kelly and Tarkenton will forever be docked a couple points because they all put up "elite" numbers for their day, but couldn't quite bring home the hardware (especially Kelly who went 4 times and came up empty each trip.....I don't wish that on anybody).

Then you have QBs such as Rypien, Doug Williams, and now Joe Flacco who have showed flashes of greatness in their Super Bowl victories, but never amassed the super star stats in regular season play which could have made them "elite" and ultimately Hall of Famers (the jury still being out on Flacco with more career time to play).

When it comes to "elite" QBs, wins on the biggest of stages, and the statistical prowess to haul in big numbers while winning these games are the judging factors. Brees, Brady, Rodgers, and P. Manning are all "Elite" in our eyes because they've looked INCREDIBLE while getting to the big stage and winning on the big stage.
  19. joshjwp

joshjwp Member

181 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Yes, you are right. You can pretty much count on your team not getting to, or winning a Superbowl without having at least a good QB (if not a great one) because it is so important.

However, my point is that you can be a good or even great QB and never even sniff one if you aren't in the right situation with a good team and coaching around you. Which is what has happened to Romo. It can not be done alone in this sport. Period. He is the reason we are even in these elimination games still in week 17 of the season. If we had say Schaub, Ponder, Wilson, or Dalton as our QB, we would be like 5-10 or 6-9 heading into week 17. Yet all of those QB's were in the playoffs, because they were on good TEAMS.

On the flip side yes, if we had Rodgers, we would probably be sitting at 11-4. I'm not saying Romo is amazing. I'm saying he is the tip top of the 2nd tier of QB's and the reason we aren't deep in the playoffs has more to do with things like...
    Ware, Lee, Carter, Ratliff, Coleman, Church, Costa, Austin, and Murray being hurt. Plus Brent being an idiot.
    And the fact that...
    Sensy, McCray, Ogletree, Bernardeaux, Free, F. Jones and Garrett completely suck.
  20. joshjwp

joshjwp Member

181 Messages
    5 Likes Received

Good point.