1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

QB ranking by tier including Romo

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ufcrules1, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,885 Messages
    997 Likes Received
    Romo is far better than Eli. And I would say your argument is weak, but you came back with nothing as I predicted. So I guess it's just nonexistent. You're dismissed.
  2. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    You keep making yourself look sillier and sillier. :laugh2:
  3. Super_Kazuya

1,885 Messages
    997 Likes Received
    At least I am contributing something. I'm still waiting for you to explain the elimination game thing for me. You started with a decent point, but you gave up and you're just dropping one liners. If you just want to get the last word in just say so.
  4. TheSport78

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    I already did, but it's obvious you can't fix stupid.
  5. Super_Kazuya

1,885 Messages
    997 Likes Received
    Why are you describing yourself as stupid? I realize you have no ammunition left in this debate, but don't become discouraged. I think highly of your empty one liners.
  6. TheSport78

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    :facepalm:
  7. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,957 Messages
    1,226 Likes Received
    Then you're in denial. He's been in 7 elimination games 4 playoff games and 3 season finales with a playoff birth on the line and he's 1-6. He has 11 turnovers in the 6 losses. This isn't bashing him or saying it's been all his fault or that I don't support him as the QB it's just pointing out the facts.
  8. Super_Kazuya

1,885 Messages
    997 Likes Received
    Then define elimination game, because I think he's been in way more than 7. While you're at it, explain to me why these elimination games should be given equal weight as playoff games. And then explain to me why Tony Romo is the only person in NFL history that there is evidence he played in one. Not an attack, not saying you're right or wrong. Just would like to know the answers.
  9. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,353 Messages
    709 Likes Received
    I don´t want to get in the middle of your discussion but elimination games are win or go home games, you win you play next week, you lose you don´t get to play next week, plain and simple. Romo has played in 7 of those type of games and the Dallas Cowboys as a team are 1-7 with everybody on the team including coaches sharing the blame, of course in some cases some more than others.
  10. joshjwp

joshjwp Member

195 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    1. Rodgers
    2. P. Manning
    3. Brady
    4. Brees
    5. RG3 (if healthy)
    6. Romo
    7. Rothlis...
    8. Ryan
    9. E. Manning
    10. Flacco
    11. Stafford
    12. Dalton
    13. Freeman
    14. Kapernick
    15. Cutler
    16. Rivers
    17. Luck
    18. Wilson
    19. Schaub
    20. Vick
    21. Hasselbeck
    22. Fitzpatrick
    23. Bradford
    24. Ponder
    25. Newton
    26. Palmer
    27. Tannehill
    28. Cassell
    29. Weeden
    30. Sanchez
    31. Gabbert
    32. Kolb
  11. Super_Kazuya

1,885 Messages
    997 Likes Received
    All input is welcome always. So suppose you control your destiny, win your last 2 and you're in. But... you lose in Week 16, which eliminates you. Did you lose an elimination game? If not, explain the difference and tell me why playing a meaningless finale should exclude counting the week 16 game among the other elimination games.
  12. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,507 Messages
    2,381 Likes Received
    I think that is what gets me. It's clearly some new category created just for Romo. In reality every team plays at least one of these per season and some may play 5 or 6 depending on how poor of a start to the season they had.
    Then also, final games where you're playing for home field advantage or a bye week aren't even counted--as if some how the players are going to be more nervous about one vs the other. Just count regular season and playoffs and be done with it.
    It's comical and sad...all dreamed up to pile on Romo. The dude as dug himself enough of ahole by himself (and his team) and no need to dream up other crap to pile on.

To me, a 1-3 team playoff record with him at QB is fair game....not his 1-3 record, the team's 1-3 record. I would not say he had any more to do with that 1-3 record than the team in general but at least it's the playoffs. And we all know that a few inches one way or the other and that record is 3-1.
  13. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,353 Messages
    709 Likes Received
    I agree, it should be counted as an elimination game but by definition I think it doesn´t because if you win you still haven´t clinched anything but I get what you are saying.

Saying that I don´t remember Romo playing in that kind of situation where if he lost in week 16 they were officially eliminated, actually they lost all week 16 games in 2008, 2011 and 2012 so it really didn´t matter.
  14. KJJ

11,957 Messages
    1,226 Likes Received
    You never said that when asked how you thought he played you said "Like I said, he did not look right early in that game." You repeated the same thing later in your post saying "But no denying that he was not on his game early in that game". You made it appear he played well except for early in the game. You claimed he played great in the 4th quarter.

Romo has to take some of the blame for his playoff sample size being so tiny does he not? The fact is Romo has been in 3 season finales that were do or die for both the Cowboys and their opponents. They were like playoff games and he's 0-3. No one is putting all the blame on him but he has to take some of the blame does he not? He had 7 turnovers in those 3 games were none of them his fault? In your previous post you said Romo was playing hurt and that we didn't pick up the blitz and that Dez wasn't in there. You're one of those FANS who sits around making excuses refusing to put any of the blame on Romo.

You have a post trying to tear Flacco's game down we saw the same exact thing from FANS after last years SB who were going out of their way to tear Eli's game apart while apologizing for Romo. When the Cowboys lose it's a total team effort but Romo has to take some of the blame. He's had a number of turnovers in these games and you can't pin most of them on the players around him.

You never said Romo didn't play well at least not to me. I askked you how you thought he played and you would only go as far as to say he didn't look right early but claimed he played great in the 4th quarter.

That I will agree with.

He knew what was at stake that night and on that drive. It was a big drive, the Cowboys were behind and the clock was winding down.

And again you never said that in your previous posts when asked how you thought he played. These were your quotes "Like I said, he did not look right early in that game." Later you said "But no denying that he was not on his game early in that game."Then later on you repeated the same theme by saying"I thought Romo looked great in that game in the 4th quarter when he was suppossedly choking the whole time. Some here need to relook at the film. he was very calm and effective in the 4th quarter ....until that fateful blitz/pick. But something did seem off very early in that game.
  15. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,247 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    Well, you got the first 4 right.
  16. KJJ

11,957 Messages
    1,226 Likes Received
    The definition of elimination game is where it's do or die for both teams. In the 7 elimination games Romo has appeared in it was do or die for both the Cowboys and their opponents. Those elimination games should be given equal weight as playoff games because one had a wildcard birth at stake for both the Cowboys and Eagles loser stays home and the 2 season finales vs the Giants had the NFC East title on the line loser stays home. There's your evidence that Romo has played in 7 elimination games.
  17. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

747 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    You also have to take into consideration that all these elimination games include both parties meaning that the pressure was on BOTH teams, Cowboys and (insert team) whereas that "week 16 controlling own destiny" scenario the other team usually is eliminated or has possibly clinched a playoff berth, or has an easy way in the playoffs. The pressure was on Eli, the pressure was on RG3, the pressure was on McTie etc and not just Romo.
  18. Super_Kazuya

1,885 Messages
    997 Likes Received
    I don't really agree with this at all, but at least you did answer (which you always do, to your credit). I kinda see your point when it comes to WINNING elimination games. But why is Romo's week 17 loss worse than Eli's week 16 season ending loss?
  19. KJJ

11,957 Messages
    1,226 Likes Received
    That's not what's considered an "elimination game." It's clear you don't understand what the term means. A loss that eliminates you but not your opponent is not an elimination game. For a game to be an elimination game it has to be like a playoff game where it's do or die for both teams and the loser stays home.
  20. CitySlicker202

CitySlicker202 Member

92 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Not a bad list. The Top 4 are locks, the order from 1-4 is up for debate probably.

RG3 indeed when healthy (or close to it) is a game changing QB. You have to account for his cannon arm, legs, and probably the best playaction fake in the game. Top 5 doesn't seem like a stretch at all.

From 6-10 I'm ok with the names, but would definitely rearrange the order (6. Ryan, 7. Roethlisburger, 8. Romo, 9. Eli, 10. Flacco).

Several names from 11-15 could very well be in the Top 10 after next season. Kaepernick with a full season should be a complete stud operating out of the Pistol with his equally riffle arm. The Dalton/AJ combo should only get better and I expect Dalton to further progress in his 3rd season.

Stafford in my opinion had a fluke off year, he's a solid strong armed QB who should get back on track in 2013 with Mega and hopefully a capable WR2. Luck and Wilson at #17 and #18 are waaay to low. I'd put them right now no lower than #12 and #13 knocking on the heels of Top 10 next season (26 Tds in your rookie year is nothing to sneeze at from Wilson....especially without an elite WR catching those Tds).