1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

QBs & the draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 18, 2009.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    QBs & the draft
    Quick hit: Drafting and developing quarterbacks can be good business, and it wouldn't be surprising if the Patriots go that route for the second year in a row. O'Connell is a 2008 third-round draft choice who served as the No. 2 quarterback after Brady's injury last season.

Prospects that could be on the radar in the draft or rookie free agency: Liam Coen (UMass), Brian Hoyer (Michigan State), Tyler Lorenzen (UConn), Stephen McGee (Texas A&M). McGee draws comparisons to O'Connell
  2. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,699 Messages
    618 Likes Received
    Grab a QB in UDFA. Cowboys have not done so bad going that route (Tony Romo, Matt Moore).

But I would not complain if Jerry drafted Stephen McGee on the second day. Just looking for value.
  3. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    main thing get a good decent backup qb that we can groom;

and for gosh sakes dont be cute and try to sneak him through waiver wire like the did with moore.
  4. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,906 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    I think Brian Hoyer has the tools to become a good NFL QB. It puzzles me how he never panned out at Michigan State despite having pretty good talent around him. I don't know if it was the coaching or if he's just not very coachable...