1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

QBs & the draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 18, 2009.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,174 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    QBs & the draft
    Quick hit: Drafting and developing quarterbacks can be good business, and it wouldn't be surprising if the Patriots go that route for the second year in a row. O'Connell is a 2008 third-round draft choice who served as the No. 2 quarterback after Brady's injury last season.

Prospects that could be on the radar in the draft or rookie free agency: Liam Coen (UMass), Brian Hoyer (Michigan State), Tyler Lorenzen (UConn), Stephen McGee (Texas A&M). McGee draws comparisons to O'Connell
  2. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

10,510 Messages
    2,371 Likes Received
    Grab a QB in UDFA. Cowboys have not done so bad going that route (Tony Romo, Matt Moore).

But I would not complain if Jerry drafted Stephen McGee on the second day. Just looking for value.
  3. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,174 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    main thing get a good decent backup qb that we can groom;

and for gosh sakes dont be cute and try to sneak him through waiver wire like the did with moore.
  4. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

2,094 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    I think Brian Hoyer has the tools to become a good NFL QB. It puzzles me how he never panned out at Michigan State despite having pretty good talent around him. I don't know if it was the coaching or if he's just not very coachable...