1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Question about LS?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Smith22, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,747 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    I didn't tape the game but can't help but remember that I didn't notice any bad snaps during the game on our part. Who played LS during the game or did we rotate?
  2. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,274 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    We still have Jeff Robinson. Hes not only a really good long snappper, but eery pass hes caught as a cowboy has been for a TD.
  3. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,288 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I think Pierce and Condo split LS duties during the game.
  4. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,747 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    I know we have him, but I didn't think he played so we could evaluate others.
  5. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,274 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    I gotcha, now that you mention it, your right, I did not even think about LSing and the fact JR was not their, I just took it for granted that he was doing it, cause thier was no problems. my bad.
  6. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,513 Messages
    4,750 Likes Received
    Condo got the majority of them, I believe.

When you don't notice, that is an excellent sign.

I don't think we would be silly enough to dump Jeff Robinson for either one of these players, but Condo could have bought himself a ticket to the practice squad.
  7. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,288 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I noticed Condo try to tackle....it was pretty funny. His long snaps seemed OK though.
  8. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,237 Messages
    393 Likes Received
    McBriar had to move to catch some of the snaps, and Condo got blown up trying to make tackles. Robinson was among the team leaders in ST tackles.
  9. ghettogandhi

ghettogandhi Member

994 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    jeff robinson will be cut - there is a serious numbers dilemna with the linebackers- running backs and fullbacks - when all is said and done I believe we will carry 4 rbs, 3 tes and 0 fullbacks- we can use any variety of players there to get a 3 and 1 conversion-

the great thing about this team is we will be cutting some good players who will catch on with other teams this year.
  10. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,019 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    Re Robinson, I don't think so. The team is running a lot of two TE offense. When Campbell went out last year that went into the hopper. Robinson is fine on spot duty and special teams. The long snapping in the game was not so hot, a number of low and imperfect snaps that Mcbriar handled very well.

As for the numbers dilemma, I agree. The Cowboys will be cutting some good players this year. Even if they were to cut Robinson as well.