1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Question for anyone of you who watched the NFL Today on CBS between 1986 and 1989

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Nov 24, 2012.

1. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,461 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    I was watching a old Cowboys game from 1986 and noticed that Jimmy the Greek was not in the studio with Brent musberger and Irv Cross. Instead it was Dick Butkus. Where was the greek in the 86 season?

Then I watched another Cowboys game from 1987 and I don't see Jimmy the Greek in the studio during halftime.

So I guess I;m curious because Jimmy the Greek was fired until January of 1988 so was wondering why he was missing in 1986 and 1987?

Thanks a lot
  2. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,616 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    I don't remember him in the studio during halftime of games, only pre-game to make his predictions. What could he possibly predict at halftime?
  3. CowboysFanSince88

4,461 Messages
    194 Likes Received

Ok so he was just mainly on the pregame show? I always thought he was with Brent and Irv in the studio during halftime.
  4. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

1,572 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    During the playoffs he would be in post game show with opening lines for the next week.
  5. CowboysFanSince88

4,461 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    Ok so it sounds like he was in either the pregame or postgame show not halftime.

Thanks
  6. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,626 Messages
    378 Likes Received
    I'll go with the proverbial 'I miss those days' post, but I do.

It wasnt a bunch of wannabe comedians yuckin it up 2/3rds of the show laughing at jokes that arent funny.