1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Question for gamers....

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by KD, Sep 9, 2006.

1. KD

KD Active Member

2,089 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    should I go with a Xbox 360 or wait for a PS3?

People with Xbox 360's what are your impressions of your system so far?
  2. icyhot

icyhot Member

395 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't have the Xbox360,however from what I have been reading,I would wait for the PS3. Have heard that the Xbox had alot of bugs in it and quite a few people were taking them back to the store. They might have gotten the bugs worked out.
  3. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    i have a 360 and i love it, two weeks into having my ps2 i sold it, cuz there was no good/great games out there, i might give ps3 a chance but not for ayear. and the bugs and over heating issues (which the over heating issues are mythical mine doesn't nor does my friends) have all been ironed out, my cences is that you get a xbox 360. the games are good and xbox live and xbox live arcade are some good times.

tim
  4. KD

KD Active Member

2,089 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Thanks.
  5. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    IMO, the 360 is an outstanding unit. However, i have a few complaints...

1. The 360 version of Madden lacks certain crucial pre-snap player audibles that the 2006 version had.

2. Saints Row, the Xbox'x answer to the GTA series, absolutely blows goats for quarters.

3. There has never been any racing games remotely comparable to Gran Turismo for the Xbox consoles. Still the case, but hopefully they will get better.

As for the unit itself, i've had no problems or bugs. I'm fairly certain most of the problems reported for the 360 were found in the first units to be released.
  6. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,219 Messages
    367 Likes Received
    Forza isn't comparable to Gran Turismo? At all?

I've only played the Demo of Saints Row, but it seems like it's better than GTA. Obviously the graphics and animation are better. The action (especially aiming is much better), and the missisons seem similar. As far as story goes, it doesn't really matter since GTA has crap stories anyway, and the games are repetitive as hell and get old way way before you get anywhere near the end.

As far as the system goes, I haven't had any issues with it. Granted I don't play it 10 hours a day like some people, and I know how to take care of my stuff and not be stupid with it by putting it on shag carpet or something. I don't think the PS3 will be that much (if any) better really, and it costs a lot more...which depending on if you're wanting blu-ray may or may not be worth it. I plan on getting one, but I get everything...and plan to sell a few PS3s on ebay to pay for the one I keep.

If you can't decide, just pick up the 360 at wal-mart, rent some games, and see what you think. If you don't like it, you have 90 days to return it.