1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Question re: Garrett

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by OklahomaCowboy88, Jan 8, 2013.

1. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Okay, so not only does he make bad game day decisions, but he also makes bad staff and personnel decisions.

He wanted Bernadeau and Livings and journeyman at center. Our Oline is our biggest weakness.

He hired Rob Ryan to coach his defense. He's fired after two years.

More assistants are leaving too, reportedly.

Can someone other than 110k post guy tell me WHAT Garrett has done to warrant keeping his job????????
  2. dwight

dwight Well-Known Member

1,150 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    If Jason does not get fired, it will happen next season.

Bank on it.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,762 Messages
    10,050 Likes Received
    12k post guy here.

If you're being honest, you don't know how much Garrett was behind those moves. You could be exactly right. You could also be wrong. Neither you or I know. Garrett doesn't have the kind of power to just assume he's the driving force behind every move.
  4. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I dont doubt that. But I don't want to waste another season and have total upheaval again next year. Why clean house and keep a guy who has no business staying there. This is ridiculous.
  5. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,051 Messages
    2,287 Likes Received
    It was reported on ESPN Radio that Rob thought this was a Jerry move. Plus he spoke with Jason so i'm sure he knows.

Jerry is bringing in coordinators and Jason's job will be a weekend at Bernies position.
  6. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not one of those people who tries to act like an expert on the inner workings of an NFL team because I spend a lot of time on a forum. I only go by what I see reported.

Jerry said multiple times no player will be on the roster w/o Jasons approval And I know it was Garrett that personally interviewed Ryan. I HIGHLY doubt even Jerry would thrust a DC like Ryan on a novice HC.

Therefore, Im operating under the assumption that those were Jasons decisions. It might not be his decisions to fire Ryan, but we just fired a guy that Jason signed off of. Not a good reflection on him at all. I can't figure out what this guy does good for this team, or how we've benefited with him being here at all.
  7. dwight

dwight Well-Known Member

1,150 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    I agree.

I say this all the time. This is Jerry's fault. He created this mess years ago by firing Jimmy and this team has not been the same since and will continue to happen until he steps down or change.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,014 Messages
    7,760 Likes Received
    This should be a really good thread. Thanks for starting it.
  9. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    What has Garrett done?

Not backtalked to daddy...?

He's a puppet.
  10. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    What has Garrett done? Are you kidding me? What has he done? I'll tell you what he's done. He has implemented a process. Sorry you all don't understand that.
  11. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh1: at pelaw

:banghead: at tupperware
  12. AZBOYZFAN

AZBOYZFAN Member

123 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He has had this team in a position to win the division the last two years in a row. He went 5-3 over the second half of the season when this team had been horrible in December. He did this all w/o the projected starting oline. Sometimes players need to make plays to win what a novel concept. You can only present the opportunity for success to someone they still need to do the work to earn it.
  13. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Never finished about 8-8. His offense never held a lead. Signed off on a tragically bad offensive line. He's hired a coaching staff that apparantly has to be blown up after only two years. He makes routine gaffs on gamedays. His offense is having the playclock get down to 2 seconds and Romo yelling KILL KILL KILL. He has studs at TE, LT, WR, RB, and QB. Still cant win.
  14. AZBOYZFAN

AZBOYZFAN Member

123 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They held a lead that is laughable you obviously didnt watch these games cause you cant go 5-3 unless you lead on the scoreboard

You seem to forget the Cowboys gave a CB a 50 million dollar contract and were tight against the cap they got OG that they could afford and are on essentially 2 year contracts cause they can dump them and have very little cap ramifications. Also Callahan signed off on them also. The oline that they projected to start was never together except for a total of one full game and they mauled the Ravens when they were together.

You want to keep someone around that when their defense was healthy they routinely gave back leads?

He doesnt make routine gaffs on game days and besides all coaches make mistakes because.....wait for it....their human

It has been widely reported that Romo likes winding the clock down as he believes he gets a better look at the defense and its not Garrett calling kill kill kill its Romo who is audibling. As the head set in Romo's helmet goes off so Garrett cant talk to him while he is at the line only when he is in the huddle

You left out the most important positions LG/RG/RT/C without those you can have all the shiny objects that Jerry likes that sells jerseys but an offense wont run I dont care who is calling the plays. You subscribe to Jerry's school for building a team from the outside in. Well news flash that doesn't work.

So going 5-3 isnt winning its funny how you guys hate the man that you will make up things to perpetuate that Garrett is bad.
  15. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,489 Messages
    422 Likes Received
    He does? Reports are he wanted Horton, not Ryan, pretty vocally as well.

Personnel decisions? Sure you jest. Have you met this man:

[IMG]

Not much, but Jerry always learns his lessons one coach too late, and at this point, he is going to give Jinger ***** one more year, this time with an OC that runs the gameday plays. If we don't make notable progress, he axes the gingernut...
  16. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,284 Messages
    911 Likes Received
    I don't recall one report that said Garrett didn't want Ryan.
  17. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    I'd like to know who is going to tell him when to throw the challenge flag this year now that Rob is gone.
  18. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    We're supposed to feel better that Jason is now confirmed to be just another puppet-coach for Jerry who can't even pick his own staff?
  19. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,933 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    I don't think Ryan was really the guy JG wanted in the first place. I like RR, he seemed like a good guy and gave a great interview, but lets not act like he was putting a premium defense on the field week in and week out. I still think red will make a great head coach. We have had some good drafts since he took over, not something we have done consistently. Let him get some more of his guys in here. Firing him and starting over is not conducive to progress, only regression. Then when you guys grow tired of the next coach you will be calling for his head in 2 seasons.
  20. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Where's all this talk that Garrett didn't really want Ryan coming from?