1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Questioning Kiffin...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Jan 16, 2013.

1. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,584 Messages
    450 Likes Received
    Who ever questioned his work ethic?
  2. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,485 Messages
    2,193 Likes Received

Anybody seen Garrett?

Maybe if he watches some tape our WRs will finally know where to line up, this will only be year 7 of Garrett's offense.:laugh2:
  3. hmcorp

hmcorp Member

685 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    "I need some prune juice when I watch that many hours of game footage" said kiffen. Personally I need whiskey watching our team
  4. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,755 Messages
    945 Likes Received
    Broaddus failed to mention that Kiffin was asleep watching tape.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

76,168 Messages
    2,302 Likes Received
    Kiffin know more about this game than many give him credit for and coaches he has brought up along the way show the influence Kiffin has brought to the NFL. He is not playing in the game his age does not mean jack. Hell Marv Levey took the Bills to the SB 4 years in a row in his 70's all this BS talk about his age? give it a rest the man know more than the peanut gallery could ever hope to know
  6. Zimmy Lives

5,755 Messages
    945 Likes Received
    Easy there, killer its all in good fun. At least no one is hi-jacking the thread with chants of "Tony sucks," "Redball sucks," and "Jerry sucks." :D Oh, and "Costa sucks."
  7. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,540 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  8. Doomsday101

76,168 Messages
    2,302 Likes Received
    Maybe because around here what starts off as a joke ends up being portrayed as fact.

Also because in other post his age as been brought up as some negative towards his ability as a DC. Last time I checked Kiffin was not going to be suiting up for the game
  9. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,540 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  10. Doomsday101

76,168 Messages
    2,302 Likes Received
    Not crying at all only giving my view.
  11. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,376 Messages
    2,001 Likes Received
    exactly

this is no joke people, the is serious stuff

this is just disrespectful of the elderly

there are plenty of NFL teams with OCs and DCs that are over 70 and there is a reason why more and more teams are trending that way

go ahead Dooms, show everyone all the examples...

read em and weep people, read em and weep
  12. Zimmy Lives

5,755 Messages
    945 Likes Received

If you feel this way...then maaaaaybe you shouldn't read Goose Gosling's Quick Take in the DMN today.....
  13. Doomsday101

76,168 Messages
    2,302 Likes Received
    As I said levy was in his 70's when leading the Bills to 4 stright SB his age did not hold him back. If a coach no matter what age can put the time and effort in and can avoid burn out there is no reason they can't do the job based on age alone.

Dick LeBeau is 75 years old and still putting a defensive unit that ranks at the top of the NFL.

Philly DC Jim Johnson was up in age but his mental ability to run a defense did not fade.

No one is asking these men to play the game what they bring to the table is vast experiance and systems that work.
  14. Doomsday101

76,168 Messages
    2,302 Likes Received
    I am not concerned what some sports writer has to say. I wonder how he would feel if he was called out on the carpet and told he was too old to still be writing? He is been doing it for 31 years I highly doubt he would say he was too old to do his job.
  15. Zimmy Lives

5,755 Messages
    945 Likes Received
    Actually, he was writing about Kiffin's inability to stop Kelly's offense.

Of course most of us would agree that comparing college to pro is ludicrous and ignorant but I'm just saying....
  16. Doomsday101

76,168 Messages
    2,302 Likes Received
    Well then I would be questioning a lot of coaches in the NCAA for not stopping Oregon. Kind of goes back to coaches coach they don't play the game. I can show you how but I can't do the job for you.
  17. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,044 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Someone get this man a life alert. We can have him in his office this late alone.

I do look forward to seeing his defence shut down teams next year though.
  18. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    People don't seem to realize that USC was under sanctions while Oregon was doing things that is going to get them sanctions in the near future. The upperclass talent on the rosters wasn't even close.

The only thing I like about Kelly is his willingness to play the percentages on 4th down. Knowing you're going to go for it makes 3rd down play calling much more unpredictable.
  19. Doomsday101

76,168 Messages
    2,302 Likes Received
    Well philly luck on 4th down is not that great. I know what the stats say I also know Philly OL seems to get stuffed more times than not when they attempt 4th down.

I think people are doing a lot of assuming on Kelly and what kind of job he will do in Philly. Not saying he will fail but I don't think it is a given he will have success.
  20. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,376 Messages
    2,001 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

kelly will have a short NFL career if makes it a habit of going for it on 4th down in his half of the field