1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

QUESTIONS: Post your questions for rookie DE Jason Hatcher

Discussion in 'CZ Announcement Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 13, 2006.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,455 Messages
    2,311 Likes Received
    Hi all,

In partnership with the Grambling Fan Forum, Rookie DE Jason Hatcher has graciously accepted requests to answer questions from his fans. He has already begun to answer questions from Grambling fans, see his responses below.

You are welcome to submit any questions in this thread and I will submit them all to the admin of the Grambling Fan Forum for Jason Hatcher to respond.

2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

26,873 Messages
    1,137 Likes Received
    Looking at the measureables between you and the first overall pick Mario Williams by the Houston Texans you seem to have all the same tools he does.

How would you compare yourself to him?
  3. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,020 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Jason Hatcher, it is reported that you are the next great Leon Lett or Richard Seymour by comparision to players in NFL.
    My question is this, what are your true size dimensions, I have read that your anywhere from 6-5 to 6-6, speed in the 40 ranging from 4.84. to 4.92, with weight size of 288 to 280, and that your losing weight because your not eating the right kind of foods.

So, what are your true size dimensions and speed.
    I as a Dallas Cowboy fan since 1966, I am really excited to have you aboard, and hope you help make our defensive line the greatest, even better than Doomsday ! or Doomsday !! with such players like George Andrie, Bob Lily, Jethro Pugh, or Ed Too Tall Jones, Randy White, John Dutton, & Harvey Martin.

Finally, what do you think are your best assets being a defensive linemen, your run blocking or your pass rushing?
  4. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,455 Messages
    2,311 Likes Received
    I've heard (read) that you're pretty good on passing rushing, but not as strong in run defense. What are some of the things the coaches have you working to improve?
  5. brucem78

brucem78 Benched

161 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jason, Congratulations on a great preseason. I found myself watching your pass rush every time you were on the field. Great Job. My question is, What current or former NFL player do you think you are most like now, and who do you try to emulate?
  6. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Could you please explain the difference between a preseason game and your first regular season game and after all was said and done , how well were you prepared for it?
  7. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

10,967 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Would you be opposed to playing some Linebacker if the situation arose and how do you think you would handle that position?
  8. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,459 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Hello Jason. Do you feel the Cowboys defense is an aggressive, attacking defense, and why? Is a lot of the defense still under wraps? We've seen some great individual efforts, like yours, but overall I can't get a handle on how agressive Mr. Zimmer wants to be.
  9. TheEnigma

TheEnigma Anomaly

890 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Jason, this question isn't about you necessarily, but about one of your teammates. When Greg Ellis was making the switch to OLB at the beginning of Training Camp, it seemed like everyone was really rooting for him. His being elected defensive captain. Would you care to shed some light on the situation.
  10. TheEnigma

TheEnigma Anomaly

890 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Also, who would you say are the primary leaders fn the defense, by being vocal or by example?
  11. KD

KD Active Member

2,084 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    How much weight and strength do you lose over the course of a season.
  12. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,987 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jason, what are some of the important things you learned over the mincamps-training camp-preseason period that will help you be a successful player in the NFL?
  13. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

2,761 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    jason, do you think you could get t.o to give me an autograph?
  14. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

14,634 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    You get hazed at all during training camp?

Who do you see as the leader of the defensive line?

What vet has helped you the most making the transition from Grambling to the Dallas Cowboys?
  15. GTaylor

GTaylor Gif Dude

1,849 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't care for the LSU part but I did the La Tech love.

I would have answered that it's one of few schools where the parking lot has plates from all 50 states, couldn't believe how far people drove to attend school there.
  16. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,053 Messages
    886 Likes Received
    Have you ever watched game film of DEs like Reggie White, Bruce Smith, or Charles Haley?
  17. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,459 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    For some odd reason your post just took me back to the movie "Airplane". Did you ever see a grown man naked, Billy? :D
  18. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,053 Messages
    886 Likes Received
    "What's your vector Victor?"

"Over, Over."

"Roger."

"Huh?"
  19. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,537 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    how does it feel to know that you made it from a smaller university into the NFL? Also what was the first thing you bought with your first paycheck?
  20. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You can practice all sorts of moves, train your speed and power, but when you're in a game situation, what one aspect is most likely to let you beat your man and get to the QB?