1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

"Rid the world of Nuclear Weapons": Obama...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by lewpac, Apr 5, 2009.

1. lewpac

lewpac Benched

1,465 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He says "the future of mankind is at stake", and that the U.S. has the "moral responsibility" to lead in this effort, because "no other country has ever used one".

The latter quote is, of course, another swipe at how bad America is, and is responsible for all the ills in the world. Our fearless leader is becoming quite accomplished at dissing America first in order to fulfill his party's mandate: Getting the world to "like us".

Reminds me of a conversation (debate really) I had a while ago with one of these "I don't believe in guns" nuts. This idiot doesn't believe in guns, and says that "anyone who does (NRA, etc...) is evil and part of the problem.

I let him dig his whole, and then reminded him that "yeah, YOU don't believe in guns, but the three thugs coming up your driveway at 2:30 am DO BELIEVE in GUNS..................and NOW you're dead."

In typical, liberal, satiating "bury your head in the sand" fashion.........Obama is touting the already worn out "yes we can", empty rhetoric. He insists that "the world can change".......................

Whoever heard of such a thing? Ever since Cain slew Abel, mankind has never retreated from coming up with new ways to obliterate one another. Yeah, lets get Russia and the U.S. to "call a truce" (as if this hasn't been going on since 1938!), and the rest of the "cumbaya" world will be so inspired by all the good-will that they'll all just fall in line with this "peace" movement.

Honestly, I don't really believe that Obama is this much of an idiot. Really. He clearly must be following the puppet orders he's getting from Soros and others. The only "first" Obama wants is to "weaken America first". He seems to be in perpetual "campaign" mode, so he may be catering to the nutcase-uber left finge. Who knows?

The only language that the animals in North Korea, Iran, China, etc........understand is "you mess with us, we'll kick your ***". Prove me wrong...............Show me any evidence over the generations that these bottom feeders understand anything less than military power and might?

Anyway, I say "Speak LOUDLY and carry THE BIGGEST STICK" in this day and time. The world is a smoldering powder keg. The Middle East has been a ticking time bomb LOOOOOOOONG before George Bush. He just happens to be the only President to tried something, ANYTHING, to get these primates to behave.

Any leader, particularly the President of the United States, who thinks that "backing down" and "downsizing" and "dismantling" in this current climate is either an absolute idiot (Jimmy Carter), or a deliberate sabeture and a traitor to this country.

Pick one. Either way, we're on a particularly dangerous slippery slope..........
  2. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Wild,isn't it?
    Our enemies abroad could not be any luckier.
    Barry wants to get rid of nukes...silly Barry.
  3. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Brilliant. Every lunatic in the world is trying to get them and This stupid idiot wants to get rid of them.
  4. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Unbelievable.
  5. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The truth IS ugly.
  6. lewpac

lewpac Benched

1,465 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If, (and I stress IF....) masomenos is a detractor to my thoughts, then HE'S THE GUY I was talking about earlier.

These people who think we can negotiate, talk, compromise and barter down our strength to "appease" and "calm" these animals down..............show me the evidence. Just one example. I'm waiting..................

If my neighbor is building a cannon in his living room..............it's taking him months to build it. And I can see that as he's building it, it's pointed toward my house................whaddaya' do?

Do ya' take a bundt cake over there and enter into negotiations with the guy? Do you promise that if he take his cannon apart that "all will be forgiven"?

Or, do you do EVERYTHING IN YOU POWER to get that cannon from not being completed? Including blowing the neighbor up FIRST before his cannon is capable of firing?

It's a very simple anecdote. You can't negotiate with the three guys coming down your driveway, WITH GUNS, at 2:30 in the morning. Tea or no tea, biscuits or no biscuits, there gonna' blow your head off and take your stuff. PERIOD. In fact, the nicer you are to them, the more confident and aggressive their gonna' get.
  7. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's not the truth though, it's an incredibly reactionary and misguided response that doesn't actually cover what Obama said.

Here is a much longer quote from the speech...

Not scary, not ugly, not setting the nation up for an attack.
  8. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Read my response to Artie.
  9. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,418 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    In the end, only the big Five are supposed to have nuclear weapons, US, China, Russia, UK and France. Problem is at least four other nations also have them, Israel, South Africa, Pakistan and India.

I doubt any of the big five would use them, but I don't trust the other four.
  10. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,768 Messages
    2,410 Likes Received
    Nice way to selectively pick and choose quotes from Obama's speech to further yalls agenda.

Make no mistake: As long as these weapons exist, the United States will maintain a safe, secure and effective arsenal to deter any adversary, and guarantee that defense to our allies -- including the Czech Republic. But we will begin the work of reducing our arsenal.

Obama cleary states that the US will maintain an effective arsenal of nuclear weapons as deteriants, but will work on reducing the # or warheads we have stockpiled.

You guys do realize it was Reagan who negotiated one of the first nuclear reduction treaties with the Solviet Union. Reagan said "trust, but verify" when talking about the treaty and the US and the USSR and both sides sent observers to watch the missles being destroyed and ICBM silos had to be openned periodicly for US and USSR spy satellites to picture the empty silos to make sure neither side was cheating.

What Obama is suggesting is basically the same thing, reduce the # of warheads to a reasonable amount (say 1200 or so) and destroy the remaining as long as other countries follow our lead.
  11. lewpac

lewpac Benched

1,465 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "as long as other countries follow our lead" huh.................

Therein lies the rub. Therein ALWAYS lies the rub. Therein is where the machine breaks down.................

You uber-peacenick-lefty "cumbaya" folks just don't get it. You never will.
    Everything is always "and then THEY'LL do it to". But, they never do.

When was the last time you ever saw an "Iran" "come to the peace table" to lay down arms? How 'bout N. Korea? China? How come these folks NEVER come to the table bearing olive branches? Why is it ALWAYS US who, if we don't concede something, then all bets are off?

North Korea just set off some kind of weapon last night. Obama and the U.N. are "talking" about getting tough about it. Nothing will come of it. What are they gonna' do? Stop shipping rice over there?

This crap has been going on since, like I said, since Cain slew Abel. Talk, talk, talk, threaten, threaten, threaten.....................nothing happens.

The only two guys who actually DID something about it were Reagan and Bush................and the uber-60's Obama-heads lost their minds. But, they got something done. I don't care why Bush invaded Iraq. WMD, revenge for the old man, Haliburton, whatever..................at least someone finally DID SOMETHING to get SOMEONES attention.

It's the ONLY language these vermin know.............
  12. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Obama is so out of touch :rolleyes:
  13. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

That's hilarious. And true.
  14. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,768 Messages
    2,410 Likes Received
    I am not saying to totally disarm, I agree 100% that we have to have a nucler arsenal as a deterient.

I am sure you know about MAD (mutually assured destruction) and that is the whole reason that the Cold War never turned into an actual war. We knew that if we launched, so would the Solviets and if they launched, we would retalitate. After we exchanged a couple of thousand warheads there would be nothing but bacteria left on the planet.

What Obama is suggesting is no different. The new round of reductions the White House wants with the Russians would reduce our stockpile of nuclear warheads to around 1000.

1000 nuclear warheads is still enough to blow the planet up several hundered times over, so the doctrine of MAD will still exist.

So what is so controversial about reducing our warheads from 9000 or so down to 1000???? (whats the problem with this)
  15. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received

What's wrong with keeping them?
  16. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    To quote the position of Henry Kissinger, George Shultz, Sam Nunn and William Perry.

http://www.2020visioncampaign.org/p...Nunn_call_for_A_World_Free_of_Nuclear_Weapons
  17. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,628 Messages
    1,572 Likes Received
    To be honest NONE of them ever really impressed me with their so called grasp of the worlds situaation.
  18. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,280 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    Its much worse than the original quote, its down right scary.

Human Nature hasn't changed since the beginning of man, what makes you think its going to change in the next 100. Newsflash, Humans like to fight. Hell, fighting is consistant in nature, its ALWAYS going to be present.

He specifically says we are going to reduce nuclear weapons as a part of our national security strategy. There is nothing that says we will do so if other nations do so, he says that we will do it flat out. This makes us more open to attack. We are changing how we defend ourselves while our advasaries are still have the same or increased capabillities.

Once again says we will reduce it reguardless of what our foes do.

Once again our foes are developing new weapons while we stand still. How long will it take for them to surpass us?

Tell that to Iran....

If you want the UN to enforce it, keep dreaming. Someone has to have the will power to enforce it and the world as a whole lacks the desire to do so. Good luck with that one, Barry.

Not the basic bargin is not sound, its sounds like something a 1st grader would think up. Its to simplistic. Once agian who is going to have the balls to enforce anything? Not the UN. If you have access to nuclear power, you are not to far away from nuclear weapons.

Hmm...here we go with the whole man of the world concept. Its amazing what passes for rights these days. I guess everything is a right now. How are you going to protect all of these nuclear sites?

Structure is already in place, no one wants to enforce it.

What's a matter Barry? Can't take a stand on your own? Have to get others to stand with you? Sometimes you just need to take action.

Isn't this what Bush did with Saddam? I mean he broke the rules and kept breaking them. He got punished. There will never be a strong international response because after the initial outrage, countries will start looking out for their own self interests. Here is something that Obama fails to recognize and its extreamly important. Not all cultures share our values. Every country has their own goals and look out for their own self interests. Sometimes this coincide most of the time they do not. Each country is going to do what is best for them. Not what Obama thinks is best. Hell, the world cannot agree on something as simple as equal rights, what makes him think we can agree to something much more complex and "worldly"?

So what are you going to do about it? So far nothing, you have ignored the problem.

Intersting, nothing mentioned about Israel. They have the most to loose any nothing is mentioned but Europe.

But Barry, you want everyone to have nuclear energy. How are you going to protect it all?

Good luck

Once again good luck.
  19. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,928 Likes Received
    I wish we could live in a nuclear free world and that all nations would get along there would be no genocide and there would be no hunger. That is a fantasy not a reality and as long as this is a reality the US must maintain its strength to protect ourselves and our allies as well as weaker nations looking for hope. I love how some will say we can’t be the policemen of the world well if we can’t who can? This country should stand up to tyrants and help protect those who can’t protect themselves.
  20. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,667 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    :clap: Well said!