1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

"Troopergate" findings to be released today

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ThaBigP, Oct 10, 2008.

1. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let the fun begin! Palin has already released her own findings...of course exhonerating herself. The AK Legislature will release their "official" findings today. Can't wait to see how they twist the idea of the Commissioner of Public Safety working "at the pleasure of the Governer" was "wrongly" fired by the same Governer given that self-same authority in the AK Constitution.
  2. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,499 Messages
    2,911 Likes Received
    Shocker, I was expecting Palin to find herself guilty:rolleyes:
  3. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, that one was a gimmie. But I am anxious to see how the legislature manages to spin the governer exercising power granted under their Constitution as "abuse of power". Seriously, it would be logically the same as pulling together an "investigation" to look into "abuse of power" because a Congressional Senator voted on a piece of legislation. Only you didn't like they way they voted, so it suddenly becomes "abuse of power".
  4. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Todd Palin is attempting to take a bullet for his wife here. Its kind of nice in a weird way.
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,313 Messages
    4,646 Likes Received
    Yep. It is basically being played that he was the one asking all the questions and making the calls pleading for this one guy to be fired.

It is also being played that she was completely in the dark on this.

I think the second idea of her being completely in the dark on this, kind of how they played the one guy using funds to go on that one trip. A trip where he got permission weeks or months prior through the govs assistant, so he did go through channels and get permission, but later was used as an excuse to fire him...In that case they also made it out that she was out of the loop.

I think it plays into the whole idea that she was in the dark about a bunch of stuff and could not even run her own admin.

But we will see how it plays out.

I do think it is funny that before she was tabbed as McCains VP running mate, she was all for testifying and going through the investigation, then once she was named VP candidate she was against it.

Kind of like a John Kerry I was for it before I was against it deal.