1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Raiders RB Darren McFadden Already Nearing ‘Bust’ Status?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Gryphon, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Posted by Nirpal Sihota
    under Oakland Raiders
    www.nflgridirongab.com

Now that JaMarcus Russell is no longer with the team, the focus comes onto Darren McFadden and his status as a high draft pick with little results. A 2-time runner-up for the Heisman trophy, it was thought that he would give the Raiders a dynamic running back when he was selected 4th overall.

Take away his 2 games against the Chiefs, and you see statistics for a great back-up running back, not a starting running back.

Tom Cable, not seeing either running emerge as a clear workhorse, is considering going to the 2-running back model. If he does not take the lead this year, McFadden will have been a bust for the Raiders
  2. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,410 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    saw this coming
  3. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    When I think about the Raiders I just want to puke. Crappy team. Crappy fans. Crappy uniforms. They suck.
  4. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,479 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    Their offensive line is horrible. Even if they get someone that everyone agrees is a good back, they will struggle to run the ball. Also, when no one respects your passing game they will load up to stop the run.
  5. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    He shows some flashes at times. I’d give him another season or another team before putting that label on him. I think he could be a good change of pace back.
  6. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,642 Messages
    598 Likes Received
    Wasn't most of the Zone convinced he'd lead us to the Promise Land overnight? (I mean, had we picked him?)
  7. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,225 Messages
    742 Likes Received
    McFadden may never end up the great back everyone projected ... but he gets outta Oakland and he'll have a solid, Thomas Jones-type career.
  8. Real1st

Real1st Nikola Tesla

4,835 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If i was a kid coming out of college i would be scared to be drafted by the raiders.
  9. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,084 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    come on thats not fair. who was scared of Russell? no one. All you had to do was stop Mcfadden, Bush, and Fargas and the Raiders lose.
  10. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Vikings ruined Herschel Walker by hammering him inside like a jack-hammer, relentlessly.

The Raiders organization gives me pause.
  11. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,619 Messages
    1,058 Likes Received
    Not nearing. He's already there. The Raiders have a knack for finding busts in the 1st round.
  12. pigskin fan

pigskin fan New Member

130 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    put him on another team and I think you see a completely different player.
    heck even Moss wasn't Moss in Oakland and he's the defination of Oakland Raider.
  13. HoleInTheRoof

HoleInTheRoof Benched

3,265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's almost not fair to judge McFadden.

Some teams simply don't provide the resources for young talent to develop. Be it coaching, strength and conditioning, facilities, etc.

I mean, seriously . . . year in and year out we see the Browns, Raiders, etc draft "blue-chip/cant' miss" talent. Almost none of them pan out.

After a while, it has to fall on the organization.
  14. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,619 Messages
    1,058 Likes Received
    Moss wasn't Moss in Oakland because he just showed up and didn't care.
  15. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    how very true

I think he would have led us to wear we want to go

with half way decent line
  16. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,967 Messages
    2,362 Likes Received
    McFadden was always a guy with great speed that got caught up with shoestring tackles and had very average vision.

But, it is the Raiders.
  17. fiveandcounting

fiveandcounting New Member

1,592 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    completely agree, and did you see the recent ESPN 30 for 30 doc on them? Wow, players stopped brining their families to games, it was so bad.

I am loving this era of raider football after living through 30 years of "winningest franchise" crap
  18. Thomas82

Thomas82 Active Member

1,180 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The Raiders are just wasting him....Oakland a the cess pool for talented players, the perfect place to go if you want your talent to go to waste.
  19. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,720 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    I haven't watched many Oakland games, but the ones I have, I've come away extremely impressed by the guy.
  20. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,855 Messages
    3,332 Likes Received
    Without much talent on offense to help him, DMac can only do so much himself.