1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Random Combine chatter....

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Risen Star, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,915 Messages
    3,863 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

How much does he wish that 'stache were real?
  2. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

10,995 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    DB's from group 1 that impressed me:
    Tyrann Mathieu - other than the bench press, had the best outing of anyone. He may be the best skilled CB in the draft.

Matt Elam - this guy is huge and is more agile and athletic than I thought. He may not be an interception machine, but this guy will be a difference maker with his big time tackling abilities.

David Amerson - I said before that teams might look at him as a safety because of his hips, but I he showed today that he isn't as stiff and has the agility and skills to be a successful CB in the NFL.
  3. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,376 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    I like Elam better than Vacarro,i just dont trust Vacarro at all.
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,810 Messages
    1,597 Likes Received
    Could be a good value pick in the 4th.

I think he can possibly play FS in this scheme.
  5. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,808 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    Vacarro's 4.59 is slower than I expected by quite a bit since he was expected to post sub 4.5.

Amerson, to me, is very intriguing as a FS. Complete ballhawk but is a bit stiff-hipped.
  6. L-O-Jete

L-O-Jete Member

885 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Amerson will go before that.
  7. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    What makes you say this?? Elam hits you with his shoulders & is an arm tackler at times, while Vaccaro wraps up with great technique & is pretty versatile when it comes to being able to line up everywhere on any given play. Vaccaro's 40 shouldn't be a concern either, he plays very quick on gameday.
  8. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,298 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    Earl Wolff is so underrated, should have opened some eyes with that 4.37. Great Safety prospect.
  9. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,381 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    I like him too. There are more good safeties in this draft than the last 2 put together.
  10. cowboysfan31

cowboysfan31 Active Member

1,292 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    He's not my favorite safety prospect but I'm surprised Shamarko Thomas of Syracuse isn't getting more attention for his performance. 4.42 40, 28 bench reps, and a 40.5 vertical is pretty impressive. His height is a slightly limiting factor though.
  11. TheFinisher

2,298 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    I agree, there's about a dozen or so that can play on Sundays. We better pick one up at some point.
  12. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,810 Messages
    1,597 Likes Received
    Yes, he will.
  13. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,120 Messages
    2,971 Likes Received
    Player Wolff, Earl
    School N.C. State
    Height 5'11
    Weight 209
    Forty --
    Forty (unofficial) 4.37
    Ten 1.49
    Bench DNP
    Vert 39
    Broad --
    Arm 31 1/2
  14. TheFinisher

2,298 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    He caught my eye watching the USC game live, really good player and I agree with the Bob Sanders comparisons.
  15. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    He'll get more attention for what he achieved when they recap the day, but it's obvious scouts aren't a fan of the guy as a football player & that's what matters most.
  16. TheFinisher

2,298 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    39 inch vert is impressive too, supports what you see on film. Explosive player.
  17. TheFinisher

2,298 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    Where is that obvious? I've heard and read a lot of positive reviews on Thomas. Biggest question is the height but the outstanding athleticism will help balance that out. Coming into today people loved him as a football player but questioned the measurables, he answered those questions imo.
  18. cowboysfan31

cowboysfan31 Active Member

1,292 Messages
    2 Likes Received
  19. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,811 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    Thomas Everett was small but one of the best safties the Cowboy ever had IMO.
  20. Tezz

Tezz Member

357 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    The 40 times for CBs is very important and a lot of them ran well. I think Millner, Xavier Rhodes and Desmond Trufant are now probably 1st rounders as they addressed their deep speed. Johnathon Banks ran a disappointing time and will probably get hurt the most if he cant improve during his pro day.