1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Random Combine chatter....

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Risen Star, Feb 22, 2013.

1. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.......if you would Biggems....that's just INSANE for his 40 times! I saw him run his second heat: he's VERY fluid...I'm intrigued: TIA
  2. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,281 Messages
    708 Likes Received
    Unbelievable.Jerry should go Ol if the Top DTs ar gone.
  3. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.....where would you rank him for centers RS? We've heard rumors Cowboys arent' that high on Barrett Jones, but I found the quote below from an article on a NY Giant board saying he's 3rd behind Jones and Frederick but I'm not a fan of Frederick at the next level....what say you?

Cal offensive linemen Brian Schwenke is a guy who impressed me from what I could see at the Pro-Bowl. Schwenke measured in at 6-3, 314 pounds with 31 bench press reps and 32.08-inch arms. The Giants aren't necessarily in the market for a center, but this guys is the one who intrigues me the most. He has pretty ideal size for a center, and if he shows off any sort of athleticism today I'll make him my No. 3 ranked center behind Travis Frederick of Wisconsin and Barrett Jones of Alabama.

.....what the heck, I may as well throw in his critique of Fluker since we discussed him earlier in the thread:

Alabama offensive linemen, D.J. Fluker, the player I mocked to the Giants in my first mock draft, has the longest arms in the draft (and some of the longest arms on the planet I'd imagine) when his arm length measured in at 36.68. He was also the heaviest linemen here at 339 pounds (down close to 20 pounds from the Senior Bowl). Before his workout buzz remained that he could be a top 20 pick and is close to a lock for the first round. Anything other than a miserable performance today and Fluker will remain one of my top predictions on who the Giants WILL draft on draft night (not who I think they should). Fluker did only manage 21 reps on the bench press

....PS: if Fluker ends up in our division that wil SUCK bad
  4. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I know it. :laugh2:

We might still go defense if Warmack and Cooper are gone. Unless we go Lane Johnson or D.J. Fluker.

Heck, we might even go S.
  5. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...but Johnson has measurables similar to the LT on 'Frisco, Joe Staley: NOT saying he'll be that good mind you, but his measurables are very similar at this age. Man...just a cornucopia of olinemen today....;)

..speaking of comparing these kids to current NFL players, Mayock just compared Joeckel AND Fisher to Joe Thomas of Cleveland: high praise.
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,676 Messages
    1,493 Likes Received
    short arms
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,676 Messages
    1,493 Likes Received
    Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
    Must say to this point Eric Fisher out performing Luke Joeckel and Jon Cooper out performing Chance Warmack.
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
  8. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

870 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    Vinston Painter, if Dez was an OLineman.
  9. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,139 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    Officially, Terron Armstead's 40 time is 4.71 and Lane Johnson is 4.72
  10. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...serious TRex arms that Mayock commented on but.....said he's an interior lineman and it doesn't bother him. I guess the same could be said with Schwenke...dunno for sure.
  11. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    35 reps for Cooper on the bench press.
  12. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,770 Messages
    5,933 Likes Received
    I don't think Fluker can beat out Parnell for the job.
  13. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.........yikes.
  14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,758 Messages
    10,046 Likes Received
    We'll have to agree to disagree on that. I think he walks in as the starter from day 1.
  15. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    Armstead, Johnson and Long....I just didn't know they were THAT athletic: unreal.

.....Don't know about you guys but it's a CRIME if we don't get one of these olinmen at 18...just NO reason not to. I know DL is weak too, but these olinemen are awfully impressive.
  16. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,820 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    We only have 6 picks.....IMO, we cannot afford to trade down in the 1st and have a chance to get Cooper.

We can trade down in the 2nd and 3rd however, to add extra picks. I believe we can add an extra 3rd if we trade down in the 2nd.....then, by trading down in the 3rd, we can add an extra 4th. This would allow us to get some pretty good talent. BTW, if we did this, I would definitely go OL heavy (at least 3-4 prospects).

1- OG Cooper
    2-
    3- OT Armstead
    3-
    4- OG Bailey
    4- C Schwenke
    5-
    6-

We now hopefully have our starting OL of the future...Smith, Cooper, Schwenke, Bailey, Armstead.....speed and athleticism. Our zone blocking scheme should be off the charts.
  17. Risen Star

22,758 Messages
    10,046 Likes Received
    Frederick, Jones, Schwenke, Holmes, Tretter would be my top 5.
  18. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,584 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:

:hammer:

:hammer:

Agreed... :hammer:

I agree, but I'd be SHOCKED if Warmack dropped to 18. I can easily see Cooper there though, and if he is we better freaking draft him.

Fluker played in a ZBS in college.

You're joking, right? Armstead is your #1 tackle?
  19. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,584 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  20. Risen Star

22,758 Messages
    10,046 Likes Received
    I figured Armstead's official time wouldn't quite be 4.65

Johnson's actually got a little quicker.

BTW, I think this has as much to do with their football future as the kind of music they listen to, but it's fun to watch them run. Amazing athletic ability.