1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

rate netflix

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Cowboy Junkie, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was wondering if there would be support here for a netflix streaming movie rate thread . sometimes it takes me so long to find a movie on netflix that by the time I do I do not have time to watch the movie. thread would rate movies streaming on netflix only.

example
    I just watched next 3 days .

8/10
  2. Cowboy Junkie

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    if know one has interest or thinks it will not be helpful for them than please delete at any time
  3. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy Zone Supporter

2,980 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    I've been a Netflix fan forever, but I normally only use the streaming feature for documentaries and some TV shows. When I watch movies I want the full HDTV and surround sound experiance. Right now I can't get that through streaming as good as I can get it on a Blue Ray disk.

I don't watch normal TV because the commercials annoy me. So I stream the few I do like and I can watch more episodes without the interruptions. I do find it obnoxious that TV shows in the "old" days would be about 25-26 minutes long for a 30 minute show. Now they're only 22 minutes long.
  4. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,559 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I just watched that new movie with richard gere and the guy from that 70s show called The Double. It was a decent movie but not spectacular, id say 6/10
  5. chip_gilkey

2,559 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Speaking of netflix, I finally decided to up my subscription to where I can get a dvd sent to me through the mail because several anime that I want to watch are only available on dvd. Well I add 4 of the anime shows that I want to watch to my queue and the first disc of EVER ONE of the shows is "unavailable" and the guy I talked to said that unavailable usually means they will be available within the next year! Waste of money.
  6. dreghorn2

dreghorn2 Well-Known Member

1,098 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    I'm on a couple of different forums with Netflx rate threads and they are excellent, it's amazing how awesome/obscure some of the recommendations are.
  7. chip_gilkey

2,559 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    links? :laugh2:
  8. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I was fortunate enough to have signed up w/ NetFlix from the start of the company. I finally stopped my sub last year when all the bone headed decisions started happening.

I haven't missed anything of NetFlix since. To me the service just isn't worth the $$ anymore and I only used it for streaming.

The content....meh...not worth it. If I really want a season of something, I just go buy it at the store now.
  9. dreghorn2

dreghorn2 Well-Known Member

1,098 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/showthread.php?t=80004

Try this.

I would suggest starting at the end and working back.

If you go the main page you might recognize a lot of thread titles that are very similar to those found in our own off topic zone.
  10. Cowboy Junkie

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just noticed they put the movie SOUTHERN COMFORT on streaming

great movie 10/10
  11. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,625 Messages
    201 Likes Received
  12. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,211 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Honestly, I hate their selection. They have a small amount of decent to good movies to choose from, and most everything else is pretty much a dud....at least in my opinion. So I dropped my streaming service.
  13. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Yup, I agree. I had subscription for couple of months and ended up cancelling it because of horrible selections.
  14. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,072 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    If you don’t mind subtitles, the two part Mesrine movie was one of the best gangster flix I have seen. Think of a French Scarface.

[IMG]
  15. yimyammer

4,625 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    Concur! Just watched those a few days ago, hard to believe its a true story. Can you imagine having the audacity to try and break into a prison to free other inmates after you had just escaped from the same prison a few weeks before? Nuts!
  16. Denim Chicken

3,072 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received

Spoiler alert! LOL. But, I agree it was bada**.
  17. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,138 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    I've caught up on a ton of shows through netflix streaming and am pretty happy about the quality and content.

The entire series of 24 is available along with Friday Night Lights. They had the first two seasons of Dexter, however those were removed for some reason.

Older classic military movies I enjoy like Strategic Air Command, Flying Leathernecks, etc. are also available.

Could the selection be better? Sure, but for the price, I think it's reasonable.
  18. Denim Chicken

3,072 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    I agree, and I think recommendations / ratings for streaming content would be helpful.

I always enjoy finding obscure / foreign films which I would not normally watch. I’ve found some good ones on there too.
  19. yimyammer

4,625 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    Oops, sorry folks, didn't think It was much of a spoiler, I assure you it's worth a watch.

Hey mods, at another forum I post at, we can do hide boxes for stuff like spoilers where the reader can read the body of a post but has to choose to reveal a spoiler by clicking a button within the post, is there a way to do that here?
  20. Cowboy Junkie

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just watched Big Trouble in Little China with Kurt Russell. on streamming. I forgot how funny this movie is. very good watch

7/10