1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rate the last movie you saw

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by MarionBarberThe4th, Jun 19, 2009.

1. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

12,110 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Dark Knight: 9.9 out of 10. The commisioner bored me and the effects on Two Face were bad. Other than that.....holds up on a 26 inch

(Just keep Johhny Deep away from the next one)

The Happening: F U out of 10

Saving Silverman: 8 out of 10. Maybe the most underrated comedy of the last 9 years
  2. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wolverine 5 out 10
    The Hangover 8.5 out of 10 (comedy scale)
    Land of the Lost 7 out of 10
  3. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and brew... Staff Member

21,520 Messages
    2,269 Likes Received
    Gran Torino (4/5) - excellent movie, excellent directing...average acting.

4 beers.
  4. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,144 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay - 7/10

Stupid humor, but that's what you expect from a H&K movie. Very funny stuff.
  5. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    that movie is a 10/10. I laughed my *** off at that movie and it's been a while since i've done that with all the lame movies that's been made the last few years.
  6. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    The last movie is went to see was The Dark Knight. I'd give it 9 out of 10. It would have been a 10 if it wasn't for Bale.
  7. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    he cracks me up the way he changes his voice when he's Batman
  8. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,604 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    I just saw Dark Knight last night on some Cable station (HBO maybe?) and I didn't find it as great as everyone else says it is. I thought Bale extremely sucked as Batman. (specifically AS Batman. What was his his idiot voice?!?) I also though Two Face was the best effects of the movie. ;)

Saving Silverman is a junk beer movie. I don't know the other movie.
  9. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,894 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Neal Patrick Harris was awesome.

"Uh, dude, I was able to perform an apendectomy at age 14. I think I can handle a couple of mushrooms." :lmao:
  10. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,894 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    The last movie I saw at theaters was The Hangover. 9/10

Zack Galifianakis' character alone would give this movie a 8/10.
  11. CowboyWay

CowboyWay If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State

4,171 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Agree. Batman is WAY overrated. And the voice of bale as batman is downright STUPID. Sounds like he's a 50 year smoker.

Harold and Kumar........not movie making magic by any means, but it was really really funny. Especially the "3-way" scene with the weed.

Last movie I saw was "The Changeling". It was really good, I'd give it a 4.5 out of 5.
  12. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,766 Messages
    812 Likes Received
    The new Terminator flick 2 out of 10, maybe.

Seeing as I could be entertained watching my belly-button collect lint, this is a scathing indictment of just how wretched this movie is.
  13. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,144 Messages
    4 Likes Received

And the unicorn...rofl..

"I love you....."

:laugh2:
  14. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

68,894 Messages
    9,262 Likes Received
    I've gotten into DVDs lately, so I've been catching up on alot of movies.

The highlights of some of my choices are:

Taken - 7/10; Very good for mindless entertainment. It was not for the deep thinker in me.

Secret Life of Bees - 7/10; Quite sappy and enjoyable

Longshot - 7/10; I like kid movies about real life stories...especially those that feature Ice Cube. He's come along way since his N.W.A. days. I saw a pic of his son recently at a Lakers game. That lil boy is such a mini-Ice cube. So cute.

Back on topic

Notorious - 5/10; Pretty much recapped what I already knew and the ending before he got shot was too unbelievable.

Dark Knight - 7/10; What I saw was ok. Unfortunately I didn't get to watch the ending in peace. It seemed like everybody was calling while I was watching the movie so I finally just shut it down. I was too cheap to keep it for a 2nd day.
  15. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    Me too... Got into the redbox thing.

Taken - 6 out of 10. Had good action, but I wasn't sympathetic to the characters much and that's saying something considering the circumstances. The 18 year old daughter acted like she was 12, and looked 20. Why the hell was she running around with that goofy run the first half hour of the movie? Trying to make her look younger? Ugh.

Seven Pounds - 5 out of 10. Like Will Smith, but too depressing and predictable. If you're on anti-depressants, make sure you have your prescription filled.

The Wrestler - 7 out of 10. Thought Rourke was good, but the rest of the movie was kind of... meh.

Slumdog - 8 out of 10. Didn't think it was the best movie of the year, but not bad. Side note: ridiculously easy questions on the game show lol.

Gran Torino - 8 out of 10. I didn't expect to laugh as much as I did in this one. Clint was great for the most part... his voice got on my nerves a la Bale in Dark Knight. And I thought the main girl was good. But the rest of the cast was pretty awful. Thao was okay until they gave him lines.
  16. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,350 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    The kids really wanted to watch Paul Blart: Mall Cop, so we got that last weekend.

Not Oscar material, of course, but it did have it's moments. Maybe a 6 out of 10.

It had a great soundtrack (mostly 80s tunes) and the main love interest was a girl I've never seen before, but she was very good looking, so that always helps. :)

Most importantly the kids loved it, which was the whole reason we rented it in the first place. So if you're an adult, it's a "6" and if you're an eight year old boy, then I guess it's a "10." :p:
  17. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

68,894 Messages
    9,262 Likes Received
    Hey, how does the redbox thing work?

I'd been going to Blockbuster since their movies are all $2 for a day, but my sister says I should get into redbox. Like how do you know what movies are in it? I went by what was on the side and wasn't interested.
  18. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,696 Likes Received
    I rarely go to movies. So rare in fact that I honestly cannot remember what the last one I saw was. Might be The Dark Knight. Agree with those annoyed by the Batman voice. Loved the rest of it but that part was like fingernails on a blackboard.
  19. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,752 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    The Hangover. 8.5/10.

Gran Torino. Meh. 6.5/10.

Dark Knight. 7/10.

Slumdog Millionaire. 7/10.

Benjamin Button. 8/10.

Terminator Salvation. 6/10.
  20. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow! Zone Supporter