1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ratliff and Jerry Jones in face to face argument

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,632 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    That's no shocker at all.
  2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,998 Messages
    440 Likes Received
    Blown way out of proportion I think...
  3. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

2,449 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    Who Jerry?
  4. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

Jerrah is gonna be jerrah: tool and a half.It'll cost too much to cut him: trade maybe
  5. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,605 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    Wish he would take some of that anger and get his butt back on the field.

He will win me over again when he can play again.
  6. TheIceman

TheIceman Member

128 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I agree. Don't bring yourself down by getting into a pissing match with a player. Stay off the freakin' sidelines as if you're a coach, and BE AN OWNER.
  7. Nexx

Nexx Well-Known Member

1,545 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    huge mistake was not converting rat to DE 3 years ago like many of us were calling for. :bang2::banghead:
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    yeah Rat can wave a magic wand and heal himself.

Wow just wow
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,398 Messages
    6,426 Likes Received
    Jerry the owner begets Jerry the GM.

So what you're really saying is "I wouldn't want any other owner than the one who gives me a GM I can't stand."

Well. I, uh, disagree.
  10. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    By Mike Fisher, 105.3 The Fan | CBSDFW.COM

CINCINNATI (105.3 THE FAN/CBSDFW.COM) – Due to groin, ankle and foot problems, former Pro Bowl nose tackle Jay Ratliff hasn’t played for the Dallas Cowboys since Nov. 18 vs. Cleveland. He missed his seventh game of the year when the Cowboys kicked off Sunday at Cincinnati.

But he was “active’’ in a sense last Sunday after Dallas beat the Eagles, Ratliff engaging in what sources call a “volcanic’’ and jaw-to-jaw exchange with none other than Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. “They’re both passionate men and great men and they want to win, that’s all it is,’’ one source said. “But they were in each other’s faces. People had to intervene.’’

In six games, Ratliff has 25 tackles and 10 quarterback pressures and no sacks. Jones habitually approaches players in the postgame locker room to either congratulate or console. In the case of Ratliff – who a year ago signed a five-year, $40-million extension but arguably hasn’t played at that level since – Jones started the conversation by saying, “We need you.’’

Ratliff’s response was a heated one. Jones, 70, did not back down even as the 6-4, 303-pound player rose to physically challenge him and then made derisive mention of Jones’ age.

Ratliff was a rather brooding presence this week at the team’s Valley Ranch headquarters as he spend another week not practicing. His long-term future with the club is unclear. Given the tragic circumstances that have Ratliff’s replacement, Josh Brent, in jail on intoxicated/manslaughter charges, the Cowboys could use the help of a healthy Pro Bowl-caliber player – to angrily confront opponents, however, and not his own owner.

LINK: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/12/09/pro-bowl-nt-physically-confronted-jerry-jones-in-locker-room/
  11. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,038 Messages
    242 Likes Received
  12. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  13. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,817 Messages
    277 Likes Received
  14. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    This thing has legs. Rat should probably go. Nobody would get away w/ this behavior in the real work environment. Why do we think it should be different for Ratliff pressing Jones? That is his boss at the end of the day. He is the guy who signs your check.

40 million reasons to kick Ratliff somewhere else. These guys in the NFL just think they can show up and do what they want when they want. I love Ratliff but this just stinks of bad bad behavior on his part.

Seriously? Your boss can't come in and say we need you and try to press you to push through these nagging injuries? It's not like Rat has anything broken.

Good lord, sac up already. Jerry is right. This tub crap has got to stop. The softness of this team can be sickening sometimes.
  15. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
  16. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Good to see you theebs. I see you disagree. So your saying its ok for players to respond that way to the owner? I know you say this was not a big deal and that it did not even happen, but it has legs for some reason.

Say it happened, why is it ok for Ratliff to respond like that to Jerry? You or I would be fired on the spot in the RW.

Rat has been on the DL since this took place, w/e it was. Why has he been so low key as reports suggest?
  17. felix360

felix360 Active Member

1,142 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Report: Jay Ratliff, Jerry Jones involved in a heated altercation

According to Mike Fisher of CBSDFW.com, after last week’s win over the Eagles, Dallas Cowboys nose tackle Jay Ratliff and owner Jerry Jones got involved in a heated argument.

Due to groin, ankle and foot problems, former Pro Bowl nose tackle Jay Ratliff hasn’t played for the Dallas Cowboys since Nov. 18 vs. Cleveland. He missed his seventh game of the year when the Cowboys kicked off Sunday at Cincinnati. But he was “active’’ in a sense last Sunday after Dallas beat the Eagles, Ratliff engaging in what sources call a “volcanic’’ and jaw-to-jaw exchange with none other than Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. “They’re both passionate men and great men and they want to win, that’s all it is,’’ one source said. “But they were in each other’s faces. People had to intervene.’’

Jones reportedly had no problem not backing down from Ratliff.

Ratliff’s response was a heated one. Jones, 70, did not back down even as the 6-4, 303-pound player rose to physically challenge him and then made derisive mention of Jones’ age.

It sounds like Jones is at the point in his life where he just doesn’t care anymore, or he couldn’t tell that a really large man was in his face. Either way, I give him a lot of credit for standing up to Ratliff. http://profootballzone.com/nfl/repo...ign=Feed: ProFootballZone (Pro Football Zone)
  18. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    This situation is very unfortunate. To say that his presence on the line isnt needed would be crazy. He is a difference maker and him being out there changes the game quite a bit.
  19. CrazyMonster

CrazyMonster Member

485 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He's becoming a cancer.

Unacceptable behavior, bad influence on younger players like Mo, Lee and Carter.

Release him tonight.
  20. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,207 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Here is a situation that is likely forgotten given the past few days. But what I think it is also a case where Garrett and Ryan have to tell Jerry to keep away from the players. There is no excuse for that level of meddling. Everyone knows that Rat is not a pleasant guy. Jerry of all people getting in his face? Guess we see why he got locked out of the lockerroom earlier