1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ratliff and Jerry Jones in face to face argument

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Dec 9, 2012.

1. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,656 Messages
    518 Likes Received
    Gotta believe he's on the field next week. That would be a full month since the injury.
  2. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,983 Messages
    2,006 Likes Received
    Always have liked Ratliff since when he was in college. But this guy crossed the line. IDK the context of how Jerry told him or what he told him specifically. As fisher doesnt even know as he's using sources. But thats besides the fact.

You DON'T bite the hand that feeds you. Not to mention that Jerry is twice his age. Real big man Jay. As those people that are saying he should've done this or that to Jerry, you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

I think Ratliff should be benched for the rest of the yr. Wether Dallas needs him or not, he's classless and ungrateful. If all that was said was "We need you" as the report stated then Ratliff is a ****** bag in the highest degree.

If Garrett wanted to place a hold on this team he should've already issued a statement or punishment on Ratliff. That is if this report has any legs.
  3. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    When is Jerry not drunk? He may have been slick in the old days, but nowadays the guy is a complete drunken buffoon.
  4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,964 Messages
    1,277 Likes Received
    Without knowing what was said, there is no excuse for Jerry provoking any player. There is also no excuse for Ratliff's moodiness.
  5. Garland powerplay

Garland powerplay Active Member

1,228 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Parcells was great on this stuff not letting players go on DL LOL. It seems more of a compliment and not an insult to say we need you to play. The pride and money factor is involved most likely along w/ testosterone, hopefully cooler heads will prevail (maybe Garrett can step in here). Rob Ryan even lol , This is another day @ OK Coral.
  6. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Gotta say I hate mike fisher for using this story in the manner he is against rat, when other reporters have already said its no big deal.

Fisher sent me a silly tweet because I questioned his timing of pushing this story today.

Said I should be embarrassed for being so naive and to stop stalking him.

I have tweeted to him twice in my life.

Randy Galloway and Ed werder basically live for this story and they have nothing, they invent reasons to go after Jerry, yet nothing on this.
  7. Garland powerplay

Garland powerplay Active Member

1,228 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Wait till Galloway hears this lol this could be a week of radio talk from the great Galloway & Co.
  8. bud42

bud42 Member

60 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Fine, Get rid of JG! They need somebody with some stones!
  9. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,194 Messages
    2,033 Likes Received

:laugh2:

Fair Weather Fan.
  10. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I think Jerry has 40 million reasons. But he should also lay off the sauce so maybe players could take him seriously again.
  11. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    I know it's called his "face" but is it really a "face" when most of it is artificial?

Shouldn't it be "face to mold" or "face to mask".

Just doesn't seem right.
  12. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sorry, but calling out a player in front of co-workers and questioning his integrity is absolutely crap management skills.
  13. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,603 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    I think this is a reasonable perspective. If both Rat and Jerry hold this view then we have no problem. I think that in many situations like this, the parties involved, often realize something like this.

Both guys are to blame. Say sorry and move on
  14. COWBOYSNUM1

COWBOYSNUM1 Active Member

625 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    Jerry extended Rat for 5 years $40 million when he had 2 years remaining on his contract and he does not have the right to tell Jay that "We need you". Are you guys kidding me? DeMarcus Ware even talked about Ratliff having 2 personalities and you never knew what you would get from him. Jay has had to be seperated from the media, now his owner, and from Ware's response below, it seems to me like Jay's the same way with his teammates.

Ratliff’s response was a heated one. Jones, 70, did not back down even as the 6-4, 303-pound player rose to physically challenge him and then made derisive mention of Jones’ age......Mike Fisher

For the record, DeMarcus Ware said Ratliff has two personalities and you never know what you’re going to get with him. Ware said one day he’ll come into the locker room joking around and the next he’ll come in wanting to kill you. Thank goodness someone was there to separate angry lineman from snarky journalist.

http://larrybrownsports.com/footbal...arated-from-beat-writer-calvin-watkins/104940
  15. Floaty

Floaty Well-Known Member

912 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    What is the over/under on how long Jerry lasts?????

2.5 seconds?

I take the under:)
  16. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,455 Messages
    419 Likes Received
    Idk, Ratliff might hurt himself pounding his chest.
  17. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,769 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    you, my friend, just lost all credibility in any post ever again with this statement
  18. felix360

felix360 Active Member

1,142 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Can this be moved to news forum
  19. COWBOYSNUM1

COWBOYSNUM1 Active Member

625 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    I don't have a problem with the way that Fisher reported this. I do agree that after this weekend, he definitely should have have held this story to a later date.
  20. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    When you're boss tells you he needs you to do something, how in the world is that ever considered "provoking"??