1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ratliff and Jerry Jones in face to face argument

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,290 Messages
    2,028 Likes Received

I dont know where you guys work, but I have seen employees confront the boss several times at my past jobs and lets just say it ususally did not end well for the employees.

For you guys that say it is no big deal, the next time your boss says "we really need you to do this report by Monday", go get up in his face and make fun of his age.

Then come back here and report to all of us what happenned next.:D
  2. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,879 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    What? Jerry is the General Manager. He's every ones boss.
  3. Garland powerplay

Garland powerplay Active Member

1,228 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Its hard to get fired in the army and not everyone is legal beagle. Ive seen this in professional business too where people understand the situation and show grace to the employee. Not sure of what was truely said or quoted but people express themselves differently and defensive lineman can have a temper.
  4. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,605 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    Players play hurt all the time. What's your point.?

Man up, put some tape on it and go play.

Wow, just wow. A football player playing hurt in December.. Who would of thunk it.?
  5. Cowboy_Shawn

Cowboy_Shawn Active Member

554 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    I'm tired of Jerry's meddlesome ways but Ratliff was wrong on this one.

In fact I question his toughness and dedication to the game.
  6. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    He has a groin injury on top of an ankle injury.

He played the entire second half of last season with significant injuries.

He most certainly is tough enough.

Accepting this story as true when it is from a basketball blogger and has not been told by any long time beat writer like Todd archer is crazy.

Questioning jay Ratliff and accepting mike fishers account when he hasn't even talked to Ratliff is nuts,
  7. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,387 Messages
    254 Likes Received
    Perhaps Ratliff is just as sick of Jerry as the rest of us...
  8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,313 Messages
    6,297 Likes Received
    Eh, I think he's just an entitled veteran player. He has that attitude like he's earned something.
  9. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,641 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Rat hasn't been on the field much:mad:
  10. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,666 Messages
    2,395 Likes Received
    I'm astounded that people would take the side of a clown like Jerry over a proven warrior like Ratliff. Just astounded.

And these claims that Ratliff is entitled... Where is there any evidence for that. Someone back that up.

The truth is, I notice that most of the people bashing Jay for some kind of supposed attitude problem are the same ones who have claimed he can't play and/or we need a huge fat 350 lb NT instead of him. What a coincidence. :rolleyes:

Sometimes threads reveal a lot and this is one of those times.
  11. Risen Star

20,313 Messages
    6,297 Likes Received
    You don't get in the face of your owner for any reason. Ratliff is a player. Nothing more. If this story is legit and he lashed out at the owner for having to move to DE, he's way out of line and should be immediately released from the team.
  12. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Messageboard defensive geniuses who think they know more about the 3-4 than Wade Phillips and Rob Ryan have hated Ratliff for years, it's not a surprise they jump on the first loosely based rumor to dog him. If they ever got their wish and Ratliff was released, the line would form to the left of NFL front offices trying to bring him in ... and I'm sure the messageboard geniuses would know better than all those front offices and defensive coordinators too.

The guy has played an unimaginable amount of snaps the last 8 years at one of the most physically and mentally demanding positions in the game, but now he's suddenly soft. Hilarious. Milking injuries? If you watched the play the high ankle sprain happened it's amazing his leg wasn't broken in half, but that would require more than a cursory viewing of the game with a face not planted in a tray of nachos.
  13. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,666 Messages
    2,395 Likes Received
    Even you, who blames Jerry for everything, takes his side over Ratliff's? You must really hate Jay for some absurd reason. :laugh2:

And I thought this was about a player taking offense to someone questioning his manhood, something that would and does piss off any player. Just like it did when Dr. Jerry shot off his mouth about Barber's high ankle sprain. Maybe he looked at the x-rays and didn't see anything wrong with Jay's groin. :cool:

As far as moving to end, from June of this year:

14. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,614 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  15. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,367 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    And this is exactly why Jerry should not be having these kinds of talks with Jay. A professional coach would have known to do exactly that. Bring in the Shaman w/ the good sage payotee!

:D

Just joshen you Dallas.

My Birthday is Jan. 4th. Guess what I get? I get to watch ATM play OU. I tell ya, I must a done something bad wrong in the prior life.

:laugh2:
  16. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,141 Messages
    1,887 Likes Received
    Actually, I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that this was brought in just prior to the Roy Williams trade.
  17. Risen Star

20,313 Messages
    6,297 Likes Received
    I don't hate him. I just don't think you can allow players to act like that. There has to be discipline within the locker room and a chain of command.

As much as you don't like Jerry Jones, he's your boss and you show him that respect. Besides, if you're a team player you won't care about making that move.
  18. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If it were upto the owners, players would go back in after suffering concussions. I think it's about time owners stop questioning whether or not an injury is a valid one or not, especially in light of today's issues, unless they get serious medical opinions from experts. And that quetsioning too, needs to be done in a professional manner.

Some people act like's it's communist Russia. It doesn't matter if Jerry 'signs' the checks and it doesn't matter if it's for millions.
  19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,633 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    I am with ya. I dont understand how anyone would think that its ok for the Owner/GM/Salesman to be in the locker room telling people to man up and switch positions. That seems like HC material to me at least.

It would be like the Chairman of the Board of directors coming in and screaming for a senior IT guy to go over to the marketing dept and quit slacking off. The chain of command is so broken its not even funny. I wonder if JG was just standing around with his hands in his pockets or maybe busy drawing up more all vertical shotgun pass routes.
  20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,088 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    12 pages of people taking one side or another between two men who had an argument, all based off a small blurb that gave very meager and uncorroborated details. Frankly, I find it hard to believe that ANYONE who is indignant toward either Jerry or Ratliff aren't just using this very slim story (that could grow into something but hasn't yet) as evidence for their own ax to grind.