1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ray Didinger breaks down his top 5 ranked defensive tackles in this draft.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 8, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    http://www.csnphilly.com/03/05/11/N...sider_didinger.html?blockID=434148&feedID=704

Here is my top five:
    1. Marcell Dareus, Alabama – Some teams are looking at the 6-3, 285-pound Dareus as an end, but I think he would have more impact as a tackle in a 4-3 defense. One of the hardest things to find is a tackle who can rush the quarterback and Dareus, with his quickness off the ball and excellent technique, can be that kind of player. Very polished. Can step right in and start at the next level.

2. Nick Fairley, Auburn – The 6-5, 320-pound Fairley was unstoppable in the BCS championship game. He dominated the line of scrimmage and was the best player on the field. There were times during the season when he did not look very motivated, but when he turned it on he was outstanding. He isn’t as far along as Dareus in terms of technique (moves, use of hands, etc.) but he has great physical ability.

Sleeper – Martin Parker, Richmond – A 6-2, 300 pounder, Parker opened scouts eyes at the East-West Shrine Game where he was voted Outstanding Defensive Player. Led his conference in sacks and tackles for a loss last season. He had 13 tackles in a game against Delaware. He has good movement, makes tackles from sideline to sidelin
  2. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,829 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    Depending on whos available , Phil Taylor in the 3rd isn't a bad pick.
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Considering Fairley was measured and weighed a lot less thant 6-5 320 (291) why believe anything this guy says?
  4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,758 Messages
    754 Likes Received
    I'm not sure where the heck he got 6'5 320 from.

Even before the combine, I had seem him lised at 6'5" 290, he did show up at just under 6'4" but I have never seen him listed at 320 anywhere.

Perhaps he got Fairley and Dareus' numbers confused, because he has Dareus at 285, for some ridiculous reason.

Actually it looks like all his measurements are messed up, he has Paea at 310... but he also has his bench press record in there, so this must have been written AFTER the combine when he would have had access to official weights and heights.

I'm confused.
  5. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,327 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    I believe he switched the numbers on Dareus and Fairley.

It's not accurate either way though.