1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ray Lewis addresses the families of two slain men

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Achilleslastand, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...milies-two-slain-men-2000-224326545--nfl.html

"It’s simple," Lewis said when Sharpe asked him what he would say to the families.
    "God has never made a mistake. That’s just who He is, you see. And if our system – it’s the sad thing about our system – if our system took the time to really investigate what happened 13 years ago, maybe they would have got to the bottom line truth. But the saddest thing ever was that a man looked me in my face and told me, ‘We know you didn’t do this, but you’re going down for it anyway.’ To the family, if you knew, if you really knew the way God works, he don’t use people who commits anything like that for His glory. No way. It’s the total opposite."
    If Sharpe asked any foll0w-up questions about what Lewis did know about what happened, or who told him he was "going down for it," they weren't shown. The next question was Sharpe asking about a financial settlement Lewis reached with the families.

"He was involved in a double murder and I’m not so sure he gave us all the answers we were looking for," Esiason said. "He knows what went on there. He can obviously just come out and say it. He doesn’t want to say it. He paid off the families – I get all that, that’s fine. But that doesn’t take away from who he is as a football player. I appreciate you going down there and asking him that direct question. I'm not so sure I buy the answer."
  2. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,288 Messages
    852 Likes Received
    There is a serious flaw in Ray's rationalizing.

HE says God doesnt use people who commit a huge mistake like murder for His glory. So essentuially he is saying its obvious he didnt do it becasue God is using Ray for His glory.

The whole foundation of biblical Christianity is based on God's grace, and His foregiveness. The fact that God can change a life and use it for His glory is a story that has been repeated for centuries. No matter how bad the sin or the person God says He will forgive and offer life anew.

Ray has it wrong and to use wrong rationale to try and pat yourself on the back is never acceptable. Somebody should call him out on this and clarify why he has it wrong.

This post was not intended to be a religious post. It is meant to directly refer to Ray's wrong use of his own perception on how God works and is not an accurate representation of what he claims. The post has to do with Ray's misrepresentation, not religion. Since Ray used an argument based on a historical spiritual belief system it should be okay to call him out for misrepresenting it IMO.
  3. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,604 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    I agree with WPB (rarely happens) This should not turn into a religious discussion. Ray Lewis did bring up his viewpoint in the interview and it should be discussed...Just be careful and keep the thread pretty narrow ..Thanks Gentlemen and Ladies
  4. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,184 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    :laugh2: Ray's got more moves than Beyonce. Says just enough to say nothing at all.
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,279 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received
    I've had enough of Ray Lewis making the last month about Ray Lewis.
  6. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

19,734 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    If Ray Lewis had been open and honest about what happened, then maybe the system would not have wasted so much time on him and been able to investigate what truly happened. When you lie and stall the system, then you are not helping. Ray was part of the system as we all are, so he was part of the problems with the system.
  7. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,654 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Me too, Hoofbite! His act is OLD..... VERY OLD!!!

I might be able to watch the Ravens next season and enjoy it. I'm glad he's done.
  8. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,280 Messages
    755 Likes Received
    I heard he was involved in "killing the lights" last night in New Orleans.
  9. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,093 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    No, no...you got it wrong. Word on the streets has Romo being the culprit. Have yas seen the picture on facebook with Romo holding the plug and saying "oops, my bad"?

It is amazing the media and whoever find the time to take a shot at our QB who is not involved in the SB in any way, heh.
  10. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Active Member

955 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    i saw this interview live (on tv of course) and it just makes me dislike him even more. talking about the families and how he "gives money to everyone" with that stupid smirk on his face. im glad ray the fluffer is gone for good, and i just hope he doesn't land a tv gig
  11. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,654 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    OH... he will get a gig alright and the mute button will reign supreme on my remote!

:puke:
  12. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It was reported recently that Lewis will join ESPN as an analyst next fall. The power of forgiveness is wonderful, but I don't have to like the messenger. I was never a fan of his.
  13. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

6,793 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    this ^^
  14. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

26,663 Messages
    2,794 Likes Received
    Gross.
  15. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,192 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Wow. Just when I thought the man could stoop no lower. And ESPN wants to put this POT on the air? I promise I won't watch anything he's associated with.

Hey Ray, here's a question or two: what ever happened to the blood splattered suit and shirt you were wearing? Don't you believe that would assist law enforcement in determining what happened? Possible blood spatter patterns? Answer any questions about where you were standing in relationship to the victims?

By any chance was a knife wrapped up in those clothes?
  16. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Right on the money. Paul was a murderer and became one of the great apostles. Ray Lewis' sins are no bigger or no smaller than mine so I wont throw stones and sit in judgement on his salvation.

I will say that I think the way he has handled this and the Super Bowl week was awful and made it all about him.
  17. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

7,517 Messages
    808 Likes Received
    Ray knows what happened that night? Of course. Do i believe him on him saying a man told him he would go down for it? Damn right i do.

So he took a charge for obstructing justice and he has. Is it wrong? Yes it is.

Think he doesnt live with it everyday? Yes he does.

Has he changed? IN every way imaginable.

Ray Lewis knows what happened, and im sure the cops know it too. But im sure all the evidence isnt lock solid to get a conviction. But Ray is the name and somebody has to pay. Family got paid. Im sure those two that got killed werent saints either.

Ray is one of my favorite NFL players for what he did on the field. IDC about what he does in his life. Thats none of my biz
  18. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Hes guilty.
  19. Garland powerplay

Garland powerplay Active Member

1,228 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    he wore a mink to the trial. Sad noone was held accountable. Our society is eroding calling good evil and evil good.
  20. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,197 Messages
    944 Likes Received
    Ray Lewis is a special individual