1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

RB injuries opens trade posibilities

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jksmith269, Oct 10, 2005.

1. jksmith269

jksmith269 Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995

3,898 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    With all the RB's who got injuried yesterday do you thinnk the trade value of A-Thomas has gone up? If so what do you think we could get for him considering he hasn't really played much for us.

I'd say a 5 maybe a late 4

Also who do think will be the first team to contact Maurice Clarette or Eddie George? I think GB or NO will sign Maurice Clarette.
  2. Catch-22

Catch-22 Member

872 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Our RB situation is ideal right now, why intentionally weaken ourselves this year?
  3. BlueWave

BlueWave New Member

1,069 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I thought about A-Train. But, I love the way A-Train picks up a blitz. He doesn't stand and wait, he moves up towards the blitzer, and seems to win every time. That is worth having more than a seventh round conditional pick.
  4. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received

One of the RBs that got hurt is Julius Jones. Maybe it would be a good idea if we hang onto A-Train? I mean, that IS the reason we signed him in the first place.
  5. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,263 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Nice reply.
  6. HDC

HDC New Member

162 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think A-train's ability to pick up the blitz is too valuable to give up.
  7. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,850 Messages
    568 Likes Received
    I think we are going to need A-Train until MBIII and TT figure out how to block. I don't see TT figuring that out this year. MBIII is pretty close to being in the doghouse so I don't see him getting a shot either.
  8. miamicowboy21

miamicowboy21 Active Member

2,836 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    We dont need to trade anyone right now. The injury big could easily hit us next week or in the upcoming weeks. Why jepordize your team to help another? A-train proved his value yesterday in blitz pickups, thompson if he can hold on to the ball can be a very valuable asset, along with his kickoffs. Peerless price will get his moment to shine. It's a long season folks. How concerned were we when julius limped off the field yesterday? I know i was. We did a great job this offseason acquiring depth let's keep it.
  9. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,850 Messages
    568 Likes Received
    Amen -- think about that some more -- who wants to see a TT whiff on a block that knocks Bledsoe out for a few games? Is that worth a 7th round pick?
  10. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,158 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    You bring up a very interesting thought.......maybe we can get something