1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

RB Robbie Rouse - Fresno State

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by da_whiz_kid, Nov 26, 2012.

1. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

861 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    Rouse has very small measurables at 5'7"/190 but is it's one thing Rouse is, he is a player. This guy makes people miss like crazy and can do all the runs. The best part about Rouse is he has phenomenal vision and hits that whole like no other.

His career numbers at Fresno State are 886ru for 4,577yds 37td 5.3ypc
    He also has 105rec 766yds 5td

His stat line for 2012: 269ru 1468yds 12td 5.5ypc 58rec 406yds 2td
    His stat line for 2011: 329ru 1549yds 13td 4.7ypc 32rec 228yds 1td

He got his first start at the position in 2010 where he also eclipsed 1000 yards on the ground. Here is a link to his player profile so you can see the consistency in his game in his game log.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/players/183724

He is the type of small back who can run with the best of them and has good hands out of the backfield. A true gamer and I would be ecstatic if the boys grabbed him 3rd or 4th round. He'd be a great compliment to Murray and great fill-in or potential starter if called to play that role.

Fresno also has to have some great lineman and i think the Cowboys should take a look at them as they could probably be additional adds to have mid to late in the draft when we are looking. :starspin

Here are some Highlight videos. Unfortunately, no 2012 highlight video yet.

2010:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxdeqyAp8dM&feature=channel&list=UL

2011:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_0nQjfSw0A

Another clip talking about him being the all-time rushing leader at Fresno State with some game footage and him being interviewed. Great guy too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL6rK0c1JHM
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

9,896 Messages
    2,799 Likes Received
    He looks good in the highlight vids.

All of the projections that I've seen have him as a UDFA.
  3. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    In 2011, can't pull up the 2012 draft results on ESPN for some reason, there were 30 running backs taken.

ESPN has Rouse at #20 right now. No way he goes undrafted.
  4. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

861 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    It's gotta be his size, because the guy broke all of Ryan Matthews records at Fresno State and Matthews was a first round grade. If he could be had as a UDFA that would be great, but i think we'll see his stock rise some as he has accomplished so much at Fresno State.
    I would grab him in the 5th-6th round just to secure him.
  5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

9,896 Messages
    2,799 Likes Received
    By my count, there were only 18 RBs drafted in 2012.

In 2011, there were 30 combined RBs and FBs. If you take out the FBs, then there were 24 RBs. The 20th RB was taken in the 6th round (pick #187).

Obviously, the rankings are just guesses and will change significantly before April.
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,793 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    The Bulldogs have won five straight games en route to a nine-win regular season (first since 2007) under first-year head coach Tim DeRuyter. Leading the Mountain West Conference in scoring offense (40.3 points per game), Fresno State's offensive success in 2012 has been aided greatly by the play of senior running back Robbie Rouse, who is coming off his ninth 100-yard rushing game of the season with 106 yards on the ground in the win over Air Force. He doesn't look like much (5-7, 190) on the tale of the tape and won't wow in the 40-yard dash (4.52), but Rouse uses his size to his advantage to hide behind blockers, making it tough for defenders to square him up. Rouse has very good plant-and-go explosion, sticking his foot in the ground and using his smooth hips and footwork to change direction. He has deceiving strength to wiggle out of tackle attempts and runs extremely determined and motivated, finishing every run. Rouse's outstanding numbers include a school-record 4,625 career rushing yards, which is over 1,000 yards more than the No. 2 player on the all-time list. Rouse, who will be the last player to wear No. 8 on his jersey (David Carr's former number will be retired after this season), could be a surprise pick early on the third day in April.