1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

RB trio for Team

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by kirkjrk, Mar 3, 2013.

1. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Knowing we need an upgrade in the RB lineup for this year, I thought I would put together what I would think is a good trio.

!. Demarco Murray- we know what we get with him. Good RB when healthy

2. Le'veon Bell in 4th round, possibly 3rd. Durable and over half his yards(922) were made after initial hit.

3. Dennis Anderson--UDFA. Came in for Kniles Davis when he was injured and put up good rushing numbers and receiving was a plus. A real plus, he was an above average Kick Returner.

So you basically have 3 different type runners, none are speed merchants, that can run the ball down the field and receive the ball out of the backfield. They are also all decent to good pass protectors.

Your thoughts.
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    Like Bell but I think WR/TE gets drafted before RB.
  3. JDSTAR

JDSTAR Active Member

218 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    You mean Dennis Johnson?? Love the selections.
  4. XxTDxX

XxTDxX Active Member

750 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    Not sure what the fascination with Bell is.. Was a good college player but kid ran a 4.6... not easy to succeed in the NFL as a HB with tight end speed.
  5. XxTDxX

XxTDxX Active Member

750 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    For 3rd/4th/5tg Round RB's I like Christine Michael, Andre Ellington, and Mike Gillislee a whole lot better than Bell.. And you can some solid guys like Mike James out of Miami undrafted
  6. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Yes Johnson, thanks
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    Cowboys interviewed James at the the combine as one of their official interviews.
  8. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,501 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    We only have one NFL caliber back under contract and he misses more games than he plays in. You have to plan like Murray isn't on the team, we definitely need to take a back before we start churning the bottom of the depth chart at TE or WR.
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    A couple things. First if your RB isnt elite they are commodity and can be found later rounds. Second, Witten has alot of miles on him, Miles is as fragile as they come which adds to your Murray argument. If any of those guys go down it isnt pretty behind em. Also Hannah is an H Back not a TE. JMO but I think the FO sees alot of the same things.
  10. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

3,128 Messages
    2,043 Likes Received
    If we are going RB why not go for the homerun with Lattimore?
  11. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,088 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    :rolleyes: I could make a very long list of successful NFL running backs who ran a 4.6 (or worse) 40 at the combine but I just don't have that kind of time. Watch the game not and form your opinions, not off season workouts. Bell has quick explosive feet, good vision, and is a load to bring down. He's got a good shot of being a very successful RB in the NFL.
  12. XxTDxX

XxTDxX Active Member

750 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    I have watched him play.. The combine results are just an extra piece of evidence. The Big Ten is one of the slower conferences in college football.. Don't be surprised when guys like Bell and Monte Ball look a step slow when they get to the league. Bell was productive in college but has extremely limited upside. If you want a bruising back go sign Chris Ivory and save your 4th round pick for either a starter or someone with upside.
  13. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,443 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    No more backups or tandem backs. I'll take a guy who was a front liner for his team. Find a guy who carried the bulk of the load, and even if his 40 time is 4.6, that guy can grind it out for you.

Example...Albert Morris was a workhorse who ran a 4.65 and did wonders for the Skins as a one cut physical runner. (6th round)
  14. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    so what if Lacy is there at 18 ?
  15. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,088 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    There's like .5% chance that Lacy ISN'T there at 18. And no, not even a remote possibility I would consider it.
  16. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    yea but hes the BPA as some people put it

no O line men or DT

I trade down a bit an grab him

its not like we can trust Murray

IMO

you can't tell me Jerry would not jump at the chance to get a reliable RB

Eddie Lacy is ready to come in and carry the load on the ground from day one. He’ll churn out tough yards and be as efficient as you could ask. He may not break off as many long runs in the league, but his subtle agility and elusiveness will be enough to consistently move the sticks. Lacy is a perfect fit for a power running game and has all the talent to go in the late first round or early second round.
  17. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,892 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    During his time at Alabama, Lacy ran behind a terrific O-Line. While I'm not doubting his ability, any RB we get has to have a quality O-Line to run behind. Until that issue is addressed, we won't see a quality power running game, no matter who we get at RB.
  18. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,876 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    You do realize he is coming back from a major injury?
  19. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,620 Messages
    5,779 Likes Received
    You really only need to list one. Initials ES.
  20. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,876 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    I could make a very long list of unsuccessful NFL running backs that came out of the Big 10 in the last decade. Watch the game and what looks good in the Big 10 doesn't translate to the NFL.