1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

RDS's crack at a Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by respectdatstar, Mar 3, 2011.

1. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I see us coming away from FA having signed CB Nnamdi Asomugha and FS Michael Huff. We also re-sign OT Doug Free and Marcus Spears. RB Marion Barber, DE Igor Olshansky and TE Martellus Bennett are traded. Barber for Miami's 4th, Olshansky for Houston's 6th and Bennett for St. Louis' 5th.

9. Tyron Smith, OT, USC
    40. Dontay Moch, DE, Nevada
    71. John Moffitt, OG, Wisconsin
    109. Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
    110. Nate Irving, ILB, NC State
    140. Ras I-Dowling, CB, Virginia
    142. Kenrick Ellis, DE/DT, Hampton
    171. Jeremy Kerley, WR, TCU
    173. Henry Hynoski, FB, Pittsburgh
    208. Daniel Thomas, RB, Kansas State

I know it is a ton of picks, but this is a pretty talented draft class. If it plays out like this, they should be able to fill all their needs and have great young players to develop for the future. Let me know what you think.
  2. sureletsrace

sureletsrace Official CZ Homer

2,078 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Not a bad first mock, but nobody will give up a 4th for Barber. Sorry. I like the players you chose, but we will not have that many picks and would be lucky to get one of those trades, much less a rout on all 3.
  3. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

2,013 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    I think Barber is impossible to trade, too much salary vs production.

Why trade Bennet for a 5th? He's a productive player we'd be extremely lucky to break even on getting similar value from a 5th rounder.

Igor for a 6 or 7 I can see

Moch in the 2nd doesn't work for me, i'd expect someone of equal value at a position where we need help would be there. 3 of your first 5 picks would have little to no impact this year.

I guess it would be ok with signing half the Raiders secondary. I just don't see that happening and would expect we'll spend one of the top 3 picks on a DB.

I would like that total off season, the draft I would be disappointed in, but it wouldn't be a disaster.
  4. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,612 Messages
    1,030 Likes Received
    The only player on this list who could be traded is Bennett. I think he'd draw more than a 5 but the others are not going to be moved/moveable
  5. sureletsrace

sureletsrace Official CZ Homer

2,078 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    I think Wade and Houston would trade a 6th for Igor. Igor is a Wade guy. Houston needs D-Line desperately. It could work.

I think Bennett and Barber have about a 2% chance - combined - of being traded.
  6. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,601 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    dream big do we?