1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

*** Read This! .. Welcome To The New Cowboyszone! ***

Discussion in 'CZ Announcement Zone' started by Reality, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

951 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    Really like the clean look, good job!
    Reality likes this.
  2. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    This new look is awesome. Well done Reality!
    Reality likes this.
  3. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,729 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    I love it. Especially on the phone which is where Im on the net the most. Great job
    Reality likes this.
  4. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    The new sitelooks great, your hard work to maintain the site is much appreciated!
    Reality likes this.
  5. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,729 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    Wow just noticed you can like post now and it shows which threads you have commented on. Awesome
    Reality likes this.
  6. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,647 Messages
    1,566 Likes Received
    Glad you guys switched to Xenforo. Much better.
    Reality likes this.
  7. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,141 Messages
    1,461 Likes Received
    It would be nice to get the you tube thing working like the old site.

Now, none of the you tube vids work.

I'm sure that I will like this format in time, but it does not feel as user friendly as the old site.
  8. 1LoyalCowboyFan

1LoyalCowboyFan Active Member Zone Supporter

609 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    Feels strange at the moment yet very clean. It'll take some time for me to feel comfy. Thanks for all the hard work you are doing. I wanted to give you five spinning stars but don't know how. It's the thought that counts right?
    Reality likes this.
  9. jubal

jubal Member

595 Messages
    24 Likes Received
  10. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,040 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    I thought the old site looked pretty sharp... less is more. This new software seems a little busy, not to rain on your parade or anything. Also, my avatar looks like pixelated garbage now.
  11. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,406 Messages
    4,363 Likes Received
    He's still tweaking some things...which probably includes the youtube tags and whatnot. He had a lot of customizations on the old site and I'm sure it's going to take awhile to get them running similarly on the new platform.

I think it would be great if everyone could continue to note which features they liked and which features aren't working for them.

I had an issue with trying to get the site to run on IE10...and it turns out that all I had to do was turn off compatibility mode. Sooo, simple things like that may help others as they get used to the site.

One thing I'm trying to find is how to adjust my thread settings so that I can get back to 40 posts per page. This 15 post per page sucks.. :(
    Reality likes this.
  12. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,040 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    IE10, lol.

And from a brief search, there doesn't appear to be a way to adjust posts per page (user configurable, anyway) in XenForo. That would be a dealbreaker for me.
  13. WoodysGirl

65,406 Messages
    4,363 Likes Received
    Whatever.. I like IE. Lol. But I do use Firefox, as well.

Who knows that might be one of those things Reality has to tweak..

And I just checked a thread that had a vid, it looks like the youtube tags do work.
  14. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,811 Messages
    355 Likes Received
    Looks like the way you post youtube videos change. Now you use the entire URL.
  15. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,040 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    I used IE in the past because I had to support it. The main reason I stopped using it is because it had a memory leak. Open up a large number of tabs, and it starts using obscene amounts of memory. Did they fix that yet? I like Chrome too much to switch back now anyway.
  16. 5Stars

26,141 Messages
    1,461 Likes Received

Oh, I have no doubt that Reality will get this new format working better than it is.

Another thing that I don't really like is that the old forum used to have a "green light" to users that were online at the moment, not I have to look at the home page to see who is reading.

And, also, the back button on posts. If I see a post from "user 1" that "user 2" responded to, I cannot go back in time to see what was going on in the conversation unless I scroll through the whole thread to find what was being said to each other..
  17. 5Stars

26,141 Messages
    1,461 Likes Received

Go look at my thread in the Off Topic Forum about Music videos. How is that going to be fixed?
  18. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,040 Messages
    242 Likes Received
  19. 5Stars

26,141 Messages
    1,461 Likes Received
    I would never use anything else but Google Chrome.
  20. WoodysGirl

65,406 Messages
    4,363 Likes Received
    I'm not sure, but I don't think so... but that's why I also use FireFox. Certain sites run better on Firefox than IE. And some sites I just like seeing on IE more than FireFox.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.