1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Realistically...Who do we draft in the 3rd round?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by MissionCoach, Apr 26, 2012.

1. MissionCoach

MissionCoach Active Member

838 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    Who you got?
  2. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Derek Wolfe if he slides far enough for them to go get him. Otherwise, I'm thinking Ryan Broyles.
  3. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,600 Messages
    569 Likes Received
    I'm thinking Broyles, also. If Wolfe fell to us, I would do backflips, though.
  4. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

I have several but they are all on the offensive and defensive lines......I jus thope they go that direction. Wold love Winn or Wolfe or Molk or Ben Jones.
  5. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,929 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    Bequette or highest rated de/olb.
  6. skinsscalper

5,600 Messages
    569 Likes Received
    Actually, the more I think about it, with the loss of the 2nd, Broyles at this point is a luxury we can't afford. I'm thinking trench picks with the next two. Hopefully D line.
  7. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Unless he's there in the 4th, we need a 3rd Wide Out.
  8. skinsscalper

5,600 Messages
    569 Likes Received
    Correct. I should have typed "Broyles in the 3rd" which is what I meant. I still think we go along the lines with both of our next two picks.
  9. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    A couple of thoughts on a 3rd wideout.

Garrett may be thinking we can get a veteran during pre-season/cuts. Teams like the Redskins will likely cut WRS like Gaffney or Moss, etc.

Otherwise, we could look for a player like Hilton in the 4th as a slot WR as well.

I think/hope we look at DL and OL in the 3rd. But that of course depends on who is left.

Wolfe would be great by me. Maybe Blake at OC as well. Of course we could get lucky and a guy like Brooks falls to us as well.
  10. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,342 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Gotta go trenches now. Best OG/C or DE available. We can still nab a decent WR in the 4th or even 5th.
  11. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    DE Billy Winn or Derek Wolfe in the 3rd, Ryan Broyles and Philip Blake in the 4th please!
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,035 Messages
    2,266 Likes Received
    Im going to say we stick to the secondary theme and go Trumaine Johnson and move him to Safety.
  13. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,667 Messages
    1,486 Likes Received
    Brandon Brooks.
  14. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,524 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    If the braintrust feels a 3rd WR is needed, wouldn't Randall, Sanu, or Childs fit the Cowboy WR mold better than Broyles?
  15. Leadbelly

Leadbelly Well-Known Member

815 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    I'll put chips on Ben Jones in the 3rd, though I'd love it if Brandon Brooks were still there.

There's still a lot of OL talent available in Round 2. A good OL will be around for our 3rd.
  16. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Don't think Randall or Sanu would be available in the third, and Childs is a fourth round prospect on my board.
  17. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    Ronnell Lewis or Markelle Martin would be great additions if there still available. If we go O I wouldn't mind Brandon Brooks(pipe dream) or Phil Blake. Either way the Jones Gang is really starting to make this team better, giving up the 2nd rounder hurts but getting a guy that some had the 3rd best player in this draft is fine by me.
  18. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Assuming we don't trade up for Konz, I'll say Blake in 3. If he were 22-23 he'd be in 2 if not top of 2.
  19. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,587 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Ben Jones. Pat Kirwin said a top OL coach named him as one of the top 3 O-linemen in the draft.
  20. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    First, it's possible that a player or two that I have with a second round grade could fall that far... I'm thinking of Brandon Brooks, the guard out of Miami-Ohio, and LaMichael James, the scatback out of Oregon... naturally, if that happens, you have to include them in your deliberations...

But of the players on my list who carry third round grades, my preferences in order would be:

Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma... I really want to see this kid in a Cowboys uniform...

Cam Johnson, OLB, Virginia... played in a 4-3, but looks like he can make the move to a 3-4...

Keenan Robinson, OLB, Texas... the Horns had a really good defense in 2011...

Jonathon Massaquoi, OLB, Troy... why not see if you can catch lightning in a bottle down at Troy one more time??

Orson Charles, TE, Georgia...

So basically, I'd target Broyles, and if he wasn't there, then the best available OLB...