1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Reality Check (Warning... Positive Post)

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Dec 3, 2012.

1. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    Giants have to lose 2 of the next 3 games because i doubt they lose against the Eagles.
    Seahawks have to lose 2 of the last 3 because i doubt they lose against the Cards this weekend.

Its not impossible, but i really really doubt we can win all the remaining games.
  2. AmericasTeam31

AmericasTeam31 Active Member

1,226 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Exactly my point. They are horrible on defense as well, yet many here give them the "best chance" to win the division, and we basically have no shot.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,417 Messages
    3,744 Likes Received
    I know they lose to Carolina, St Louis Rams and yet they have the best chance? :laugh2:

Most of their games have come down to the wire but they have the best chance?

People put the Cowboys under the microscope yet refuse to put that same microscope on others. It is old, I expect that from Philly fans or other fans that flat out hate the Cowboys but seeing it from our own is pathetic.

I don't know if the Cowboys will make it or not but constantly slamming the team giving them no chance at all is a fricken joke
  4. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,698 Messages
    798 Likes Received
    how many times has this script played out to where the Cowboys have control of their own destiny? it's almost as if the football Gods love toying with cowboys fans, getting their hopes up only to have them dashed in the most embarassing and disheartening fashion
  5. AmericasTeam31

1,226 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Because we are so "close" to the team. We follow their every move, every transaction and analyze every play. We feel like we our finger on the pulse of the team, and what it's doing.

What "they" can't do is objectively look at another team and see the same flaws and short comings. "They" are so consumed with the Cowboys most recent failures that the recent failures of other teams are ignored or forgotten.

For example, I wonder how many of them even noticed that the Giants ran the same basic defense vs Washington that we ran? The same scheme that many were roasting Rob Ryan for using. And they got the same results from it. Yet Ryan is our flaw, and there are none on the Giants or the Redskins. IMO the only reason Washington was even in the game last night is due to the conservative offensive play calling by NY, specifically in the second half. They didn't adjust at all when Washington shut down the running game. Garrett would have been roasted for this as well and he is roasted for it on a weekly basis, even following our wins.
  6. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,242 Messages
    1,447 Likes Received
    My guess is he would say "Nothing has changed with Dallas, Poorly coached, clueless owner, virtually no leaders on the team, and players on the team that have no business playing.
  7. Doomsday101

78,417 Messages
    3,744 Likes Received
    I agree but for these folks to claim themselfs as realist? :lmao:

Cowboys have flaws no doubt, we have an uphill battle no doubt but the other 2 teams in the race also have their flaws and a tough road to go down.
  8. ufcrules1

7,242 Messages
    1,447 Likes Received
    So you are telling me JG and Rob Ryan are solid coaches and just because we are the Cowboys "they" scrutinize them more than other coaches and try to make them look bad?
  9. ufcrules1

7,242 Messages
    1,447 Likes Received
    All 3 teams have flaws, we just have more than the other 2.
  10. Doomsday101

78,417 Messages
    3,744 Likes Received
    In your view but then that is all you got is slamming the Cowboys. Skins defense has been worse than ours they are last in pass defense and they don't get many sacks. So keep on with your crusade why change now.

Cowboys may or may not make it but we have about as good of a chance as the other 2 teams in the running.
  11. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,623 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    True, 9-7 will win/tie the division and tie/win a WC berth. What stinks is our CFL caliber play at ILB and S handicap the defense so much, it's hard to imagine coming up with enough stops to win games against some decent offensive teams remaining on the schedule. We need to start magically forcing turnovers and making more big plays to overcome the huge hole in the middle of the D.
  12. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

too bad we couldn't get pasqualoni back for a month.

He could teach them fundamentals and probably get someone to turn around and catch a ball on defense.

Maybe he would even lineup 4 defensive lineman in obvious running downs instead of 2 and proceed to watch us get blown away at the line of scrimmage.

If we did anything good on defense we would have a chance. But right now

We cant stop the run
    We cant intercept passes
    We cant get stops on 3rd and long.

its a bad situation.
  13. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,623 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    And this is the point i made in a different thread :re Ryan. I understand he's short-handed personnel-wise, but his ability to scheme or "coach'em up" has not really impressed me. We'll have to get by with smoke and mirrors and "lucky" turnovers these next few weeks if any sort of winning streak is upon us.
  14. AmericasTeam31

1,226 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Based on what?
  15. ufcrules1

7,242 Messages
    1,447 Likes Received
    A horrible offensive line, horrible defensive line, horrible safeties, horrible head coach, horrible GM, horrible LB's (now that Lee and Carter are out), etc.

Washington and NY are both stronger teams than us right now. I know it sucks guys, but its true.
  16. Doomsday101

78,417 Messages
    3,744 Likes Received
    it is true in you own opinion. Sorry but I don't take your word as being an expert, just another fan
  17. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,012 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    Just his opinion, nothing more.
  18. ufcrules1

7,242 Messages
    1,447 Likes Received
    I'm sure you are probably right, our %'s are just as good as NYG and Was because our team is just as good if not better than both of them. They just outclassed us recently but that was just luck.
  19. Doomsday101

78,417 Messages
    3,744 Likes Received
    They won narrow victories vs the Cowboys and we have also beaten NY and have a game in the last week vs Washington. I don't claim we are a lock all I claim is we have about as good of a chance as they do. We have weakness they do as well, these games have been coming down to 1 or 2 plays you act as if we were blown out.

I have respect for both Wash and NY but our chances are about as good as theirs are.
  20. ufcrules1

7,242 Messages
    1,447 Likes Received
    So you put our chances at 33.3%?