1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: RECAP: Bill Parcells Press Conference 9/8 12:30 CST w/audio

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by DBoys, Sep 8, 2006.

1. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Audio Recap:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BYLLSU8K

Roshi Recap:

We had a short quick workout today to work on a couple of things so they can get their legs back.

Captains?
    It will be announced tmw morning.

Flo starting?
    I think he's good to go. Not positive, but I think.

FS?
    No decision yet.

What you are you still considering there?
    Whether I got enough guts to start a rookie.

He said he was told he would start.
    Not by me.

Kicker.
    I think I'm going to kick Suisham, but I could change my mind. I've seen him do a little bit more right now, and i'm not sure about mike physically exactly. Mike kicked pretty good today, so i could change my mind. I won't put them both on the roster. We cant afford to go short defensively in this game.

Will there be some weeks you take both?
    I would prefer not to.

Why can't you this week?
    The weather. I need all hte players I can get. They got a dangerous punt and kick returner, so we need guys who can tackle.

Does Hoyte have an innate skill tackling?
    I don't know. He's just done very well for us. Its been a big surprise, but you tip your hat to a kid like that. He's hungry and wants it bad. All he did is make tackles

Jerry said he's been desperate.
    He's been the same since I've been here. He's very supportive. He's trying to understand my philosoophy. I've learned a lot of things here myself. We came from different philosophies. Its been a good exchange for both. Its been good for me as well.

Do you see how badly he wants it?
    Yeah, I do see that. We're all in the same boat there. I'm making effort I can, and he knows that. Sometimes this is a humbling game, and its one of the best things about it. But I'm not afraid to put myself at risk. There are a a lot of people in this business who don't, but that never bothered me. It would be easy to sit in a rocking chair and watch the NFL Network, but that's not what I want to do. I see guys in your business who are 70 years old and still out there. I identify with Mike Wallace who said "I want to die on assignment". I hope you guys when you reach that age have something in your life to keep you excited about life, because it perpetuates vibrance in your life. Its the same thing for him. He's hopefull, but really at the end of the day its out of his control. He's done the best he can to put the organization in a place to succeed, but a lot of fortune can effect that. We've come out of camp in good shape and prepared.

Is your concern with Flo more about stamina than the injury?
    Yeah, you worry about that.

Will you take two backup tackles?
    No, I"ll only take you one.

Did Gurode finish up strong?
    Pretty good. He's start. I plan on playing Al too in the game. Al had a good preseason, but I need Gurode against these bigger defensive tackles this week . Keep your eyes out for Al in the game. I'm trying to give you a little clue here.

Hoyte one of your ST players?
    I would think so.
  2. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,253 Messages
    655 Likes Received
    Has it started? I can't get connected thru DC.com.............
  3. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Everyone practiced no roster moves
  4. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Flo is starting unless something happens
    No decision on FS
  5. Kittymama

Kittymama Benched

2,170 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Says he's trying to decide whether he's got enough guts to start a rookie.
  6. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    BP deciding if he has enough guts to start a rookie but Watkins was told he was starting. BP said he did not tell Watkins that.

Suisham is going to get the nod. Could change his mind though.
  7. Kittymama

Kittymama Benched

2,170 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Absolutely will not put 2 kickers on the roster--can't afford to short the numbers on defense. Hasn't decided which kicker. Would prefer never to take more than 1 kicker in any week.
  8. Kittymama

Kittymama Benched

2,170 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    One of the reporters flat out lied. Said Watkins said he was told he was going to start. That's NOT what Watkins said--he said he's been practicing with the first team & if preparing as if he'll start.
  9. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,768 Messages
    539 Likes Received
    Keith Davis told him?
  10. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    DC.COM needs to fire the camera guy.
  11. Kittymama

Kittymama Benched

2,170 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, they're going with a Picasso Cubist representation of Parcells today!
  12. Kittymama

Kittymama Benched

2,170 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Parcells is in a surprisingly good mood today. He's usually pretty testy & snappish on Fridays. He's even waxing philosophical.
  13. Kittymama

Kittymama Benched

2,170 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Flo hasn't played a lot, but when Parcells asks him how he is, Flo says "Fabulous."
  14. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    FLO says he is fabulous
    BP taking only 1 backup tackle
    Gurode is going to start as C
  15. LowTech

LowTech the most important member

1,794 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    somebody turn the rabbit ears
  16. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    BP is up to something- repeating that bit about watching AL several times. If that is not putting Gurode on warning I don't know what is.
  17. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    We had a short quick workout today to work on a couple of things so they can get their legs back.

Captains?
    It will be announced tmw morning.

Flo starting?
    I think he's good to go. Not positive, but I think.

FS?
    No decision yet.

What you are you still considering there?
    Whether I got enough guts to start a rookie.

He said he was told he would start.
    Not by me.

Kicker.
    I think I'm going to kick Suisham, but I could change my mind. I've seen him do a little bit more right now, and i'm not sure about mike physically exactly. Mike kicked pretty good today, so i could change my mind. I won't put them both on the roster. We cant afford to go short defensively in this game.

Will there be some weeks you take both?
    I would prefer not to.

Why can't you this week?
    The weather. I need all hte players I can get. They got a dangerous punt and kick returner, so we need guys who can tackle.

Does Hoyte have an innate skill tackling?
    I don't know. He's just done very well for us. Its been a big surprise, but you tip your hat to a kid like that. He's hungry and wants it bad. All he did is make tackles

Jerry said he's been desperate.
    He's been the same since I've been here. He's very supportive. He's trying to understand my philosoophy. I've learned a lot of things here myself. We came from different philosophies. Its been a good exchange for both. Its been good for me as well.

Do you see how badly he wants it?
    Yeah, I do see that. We're all in the same boat there. I'm making effort I can, and he knows that. Sometimes this is a humbling game, and its one of the best things about it. But I'm not afraid to put myself at risk. There are a a lot of people in this business who don't, but that never bothered me. It would be easy to sit in a rocking chair and watch the NFL Network, but that's not what I want to do. I see guys in your business who are 70 years old and still out there. I identify with Mike Wallace who said "I want to die on assignment". I hope you guys when you reach that age have something in your life to keep you excited about life, because it perpetuates vibrance in your life. Its the same thing for him. He's hopefull, but really at the end of the day its out of his control. He's done the best he can to put the organization in a place to succeed, but a lot of fortune can effect that. We've come out of camp in good shape and prepared.

Is your concern with Flo more about stamina than the injury?
    Yeah, you worry about that.

Will you take two backup tackles?
    No, I"ll only take you one.

Did Gurode finish up strong?
    Pretty good. He's start. I plan on playing Al too in the game. Al had a good preseason, but I need Gurode against these bigger defensive tackles this week . Keep your eyes out for Al in the game. I'm trying to give you a little clue here.

Hoyte one of your ST players?
    I would think so.
  18. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Bizarre stuff about Al.

Maybe Al's gonna be moved around. Wouldn't that be bizarre?
  19. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Al Johnson is good pulling and making blocks in the perimeter and in space. I bet he plays some blocking TE. Especially since we don't have a true bruiser TE on the roster. Might play some short yardage FB too.
  20. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,174 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Al Johnson - red zone receiver?

;)