1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: RECAP: Carp Just Now on Cowboys Huddle

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by LaTunaNostra, Dec 31, 2006.

1. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,846 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    The only way Parcells "loses his job" is if he chooses to.
  2. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,969 Messages
    1,998 Likes Received
    i agree fully, but alot of people think none of this is parcells fault.

me personally i think its parcells thats holding this team back now. before he was here because dallas needed him. now its more like a team with talent thats coached to play like robots.
  3. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,444 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    All I know is Carpenter's a rookie who's going to play like one at times, but the kid runs around and plays hard, seemingly never giving up till the play is over....I wish we could get his effort from everyone in the front 7, especially that fat tub of goo, Spears. That lazy, do nothing, DE better pick up his play and physicality next season or he's gone.
  4. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Same troll that recently said Parcells has done nothing Campo didn't. :rolleyes:
  5. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

12,210 Messages
    857 Likes Received
    I back Parcells, mainly out of fear over who would replace him. But some of this has to fall on the players.
  6. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,851 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    I'm with you in that mode of though but if they can somehow put it all together and win today then go and win that first playoff game all of this bickering may be all for naught. Hope will be had again.

I strongly believe Parcells and his dated coaching style is holding this team back.
  7. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    I don't think it's all Parcells, all his staff, or all the players. I think there is blame to go around in many places.

I never point at one source as the issue. Never have, never will. Fact is we should be better.
  8. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,969 Messages
    1,998 Likes Received
    spears is really the only cowboy i HATE. never liked him from the get go. i was hoping for either castillo or patterson with that pick
  9. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,851 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    Don't forget that confused slug Bradie James.
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,591 Messages
    5,502 Likes Received
    There is probably more to that than most would like to admit.
  11. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Far as I know, LTN isn't a huge Marcus Coleman fan. You might start by sharing enthusiasm for any Cowboys players.

LTN > Ricky Martinez.
  12. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,980 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    We live in such a "microwave society". If we don't get results immediately, then discard it.....

Now, if a player isn't a smashing success in his first year, he's labeled a bust.

That is ridiculous. Bobby Carpenter isn't a bust...yet....The NFL is such a large leap for players. And, in Carpenter's case, he's playing in a brand new defense...he was also playing behind some pretty darn good players.

If Carpenter doesn't make progress by the end of next year, then I'll agree...he's a bust.

Remember Kevin Smith? Here's a guy that played behind Isaac Holt for most of his rookie year. He was also a first round pick.....he was also overshadowed by a 12th round pick from the previous year...Larry Brown. It took him a while to get his feet under him. But when he did, he was very good. He could've been a great CB, had he not blown his achilles in his third year.

Imagine a healthy Kevin Smith paired with Deion....

Back to the point.....can't label any of our picks a bust yet.....
  13. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,969 Messages
    1,998 Likes Received
    of course there is. most cowboy fans live on his past.

on 103.3 they again are talking about pat summerall saying after he spoke to parcells he feels like parcells isnt coming back
  14. garrett316

garrett316 5 against 1 Zone Supporter

2,600 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    I went to the game at Washington and had the chance to meet Carpenter and Fasano. For a LB and a TE, they are both enormous. In fact, they both looked bigger than OT Jason Fabini who I aslo met.
  15. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,969 Messages
    1,998 Likes Received
    i still hate that fasano pick. not because of the player but because of who was already in dallas.
  16. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

12,210 Messages
    857 Likes Received

What fun would that be? Every one just sucks. Much eaiser that way.
  17. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,980 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Yeah, that pick really didn't make a lot of sense. I think Fasano will be a solid TE, but I think our team could've really fortified at FS, OL, or DL.

But hindsight is always 20/20.
  18. cowboys4life

cowboys4life Member

895 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yeah i met him and mr fasano in the summer and man dudes are pretty big...here's the best to ya bobby....lets roll....:) its your time
  19. Fernando Fernandez

Fernando Fernandez New Member

579 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    shame on you for calling other people troll cause you disagre with them. 14,000 plus posts, we expect better from you.
    Name calling is not aloud. Stick with the program.
  20. stealth

stealth Benched

4,882 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    troll