1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: RECAP: Mickey with D&M on The Ticket...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by trickblue, Jul 26, 2006.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,850 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    • Pasquarelli says Petitti will be the starting RT. The coaching staff thinks he will be improved. He looks physically different than he did last year and they didn't have to start him last year, they chose to. Dallas really wants him to win the position outright. Fabini needs to be there to back up Flo if he should go down.
    • Dallas is trying to win now while laying a base for the future. I don't know if you can have it both ways but they are attempting to do just that. They bring in stop-gap guys until the younger players fully develop.
    • Reports were that Fabini didn't look very good earlier, but he looked like a 10 year OL without pads to me. How can anyone tell for sure?
    • OL. You have a question mark at all five spots, and that doesn't even take into consideration the back-up situation. They better had been right about Kosier. You would think Rivera should be healed up by now and Johnson is a question mark.
    • There are several thing we need to know for training camp. I say we need to know, but Dallas maybe already knows. What about the BU QB position? What is going to happen in regards to Ellis? What about BU NT? Ferguson can't go every snap. Who is kicking off?
  2. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,835 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    I think Montavious and TJ will show enough to spell Ferguson.
  3. KingTuna

KingTuna New Member

1,381 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    IF Pettiti is our starting RT he had better be a new man. I will have to see it for myself in the pre-season games before I believe it.
  4. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,705 Messages
    1,509 Likes Received
    Put me down on this side of the offensive line "argument":

The Cowboys offensive line will be much better than many fans and pundits think.

The bar is set very low in terms of expectations and I firmly believe that they will perform much better than most others do.
  5. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,464 Messages
    924 Likes Received
    DMQ's glass is half full, for sure.
  6. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,176 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    wow......OL concerns me still....let's go Cowboys
  7. MONT17

MONT17 New Member

3,269 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    the OL is a joke!!! they blew when they got rid of ALLEN for 3 mil... u keep ALLEN u can use KOSIER as your 1b back up at 3 positions... could even platoon him with the 2 OLD guys in the middle... this team would have had the best depth at the OL since the mid 90s!

Kosier, Fabini and Gurode would rank among the leagues best! with Koisers flexability they could have went with 9 OL on the 53 and put the 10th on the squad... instead we are looking at Poctor who can play a little RT and OG and Peterman who is doing what Gurode is here to do take snaps and back up OG!

Proctor, Fabini and Gurode off the bench saved 3 million!!!

last year it was letting Kosier go to the LIONs for a 7th round pick... If Kosier is on the 05 team they go to the playoffs!!!

Jay Ratliff or Playoffs u make the call!!!
  8. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Pasquarelli scooped Mick?

:eek:
  9. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,390 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks for the recap.

I think we have a nice mix of guys to make a run for it and plan for the future.... The offense is a bit older than I would like, but you can't have 24 year old superstars at every position.
  10. Colo

Colo Rocky Mountain High

805 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    But you've gotta have em at the key positions. I think we're fine at the QB position for now, but two or three years from now is what concerns me. Other than QB, I think we're setup to be solid for years to come, assuming of course we can get some younger WR help when it becomes necessary. WRs are easier to come by than stud QBs though..
  11. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,224 Messages
    1,468 Likes Received

Maybe the coaches know "just a little bit more" than we do about the OL situation and if they thought Allen could still perform at a high level. Especially late in the season when the 'tired legs' syndrome hits.
  12. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,705 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    Johnson played very well at NT when he got onto the field.
  13. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,154 Messages
    2,785 Likes Received
    Fabini = Bustini.

You heard it here first... er... maybe second. ;)
  14. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,799 Messages
    1,697 Likes Received
    I think your right here Mike. I just get that felling..........
  15. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,705 Messages
    1,509 Likes Received
    I'll disagree. I think Fabini will accomplish what the Cowboys brought him here to do. And that's provide insurance that the team will never again have a "Turnstile" Tucker on the field again.