1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: RECAP: T-New on ESPNEWS Pulse (Post #16)

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 15, 2006.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,227 Messages
    7,055 Likes Received
  2. Anguillidae

Anguillidae Member

434 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Looks like we solved our free safety problem.. :p:
  3. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    It says from 1-4. Is that like a half hour re-run 8 times? If not, when is TNew scheduled?
  4. Natedawg44

Natedawg44 Active Member

2,598 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sounds like a Cable Guy. I'll be there between 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
  5. WoodysGirl

67,227 Messages
    7,055 Likes Received
    It doesn't say, but I'm assuming based on where he's listed, he'll be last.

If you've ever watched the Pulse, it doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason. It's kinda like Around the Horn, but driven by fanmail, if that makes sense.

6. WoodysGirl

67,227 Messages
    7,055 Likes Received
    T-new coming soon
    BTW, can I get a recap? I'm not at home.

Tracking it online.
    http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/index

:(
  7. DeWare94

DeWare94 Member

953 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    when asked if he could cover TO one on one he said he could cover any receiver in the NFL one on one
  8. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think the bling teeth is really assanine, I just do not understand that. But, he looks good and covering T.O. will definetely make him better.
  9. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    No he didn't?!?:rolleyes:
  10. SupermanXx

SupermanXx Benched

4,009 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    what bling teeth? what are you talking about
  11. DeWare94

DeWare94 Member

953 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    he has normal braces but he was making a joke saying they are bling
  12. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sorry, missed that, I have no problem with braces :)
  13. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    he got his "grillz" from Paul Walldo
  14. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Spelling "assinine" with two S's is asinine. :)
  15. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,567 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    Big Jurk! [IMG]
  16. Kittymama

Kittymama Benched

2,170 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just happened to tune it at that time & TiVo'd it. (FWIW, their poll shows the Cowboys getting the most votes for winning the NFC East.)

Recap:

ESPN: Called him one of the best corners in the NFL. Then had him show "the grill."
    TNew: Says rappers have asked him about it. Maybe will put some diamonds in it.
    ESPN: People expecting big things this year. What have you seen this far that will prove people right?
    TNew: We've got an amazing team with a lot of talent, from offense to defense. We're young. We just have to go out & play good football & have everyone buy in, keep our heads straight & play together.
    ESPN: You came in with Parcells. What differences are you seeing in him this offseason?
    TNew: He's willing to just let us go out & make plays. People think of him as hardnosed, but he's coming around to just letting people make plays. He's said that if we can go & pass the ball, we're gonna do it. He's willing to just calm his nerve & let us play football & have fun doing it.
    ESPN: What's your impression of TO?
    TNew: All I'd heard is the bad stuff. From my conversations with him & just being around him, you could never tell it. He's very quiet.
    ESPN: He's quiet?
    TNew: From what I saw in camp, he hasn't said a word. The moment he steps on the field, he's not going to let anyone outwork him. I think he's going to make me a better player.
    ESPN: Question from e-mailer--can you cover TO one-on-one?
    TNew: I can cover anyone in this league one-on-one. The fact that I'm going to go up against him every day is just going to improve my abilities against everyone else.
    ESPN: What aspect of your game are you trying to improve?
    TNew: The biggest thing is footwork, knowledge of the game. My goal is to be the best NFL corner. I've got a way to go, but I'm working on it.
    ESPN: What motivates you going into the season?
    TNew: I don't want to fail & embarrass myself. I want to be the best at my position, go to the Super Bowl, go to the Pro Bowl. They're all motivators for me. TO wants to be the best receiver, Bill wants to be the best coach, Drew wants to be the best QB.
    ESPN: How confident are you about this defense's future?
    TNew: I'm very confident. We have a lot of ability. We just have to limit our mental mistakes. One of the things that killed us in the past was giving up big plays, so if we can eliminate that the sky's the limit.
    ESPN: When you were drafted, we heard about you playing offense & returning punts. How much of that is still a possibility?
    TNew: I definitely would like to do it. I did it a little last year, played offense a bit, returned a couple of punts. We drafted Green this year, so he'll probably be one of the biggest guys back there. Hopefully I'll get a chance to do it every now & then. I still enjoy it. I'd love to get in there with Terry & TO & be a speed factor & play a little offense. If the opportunity arises, I'm game.
    ESPN: My father Rob played for Bill Parcells with the New York Giants. Who am I?
    TNew: (GOT IT WRONG!!!)
    ESPN: What do you think of Bobby Carpenter?
    TNew: He's big. He can run & he's smart. He's going to be an intimidating linebacker.
    ESPN: Why you do or don't think TO will be on his best behavior this year?
    TNew: I think he will because this is his third chance & he's not getting any younger & he hasn't won the Super Bowl yet. He wants to be on his best behavior & go out & prove that he can be a Super Bowl caliber receiver.
  17. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    kitty thanks so much for the recap :)
  18. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Awesome recap, I had a lot of running around to do today so I didn't get to catch my favorite Cowboy on the Pulse! Thanks for the recap!
  19. Coakleys Dad

Coakleys Dad The Re-Birth has begun.

4,835 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    thanks for the recap....
  20. WoodysGirl

67,227 Messages
    7,055 Likes Received
    Thanks KM. 'preciate the recap. :)