1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: Talking Cowboys1/8

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Jan 8, 2013.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    I think we could see Free gone. I think Spencer has been gone for awhile but people just refuse to accept the reality of it. I think Rat is gone by his own design. I think Felix is gone because we can get cheaper backs. I think Jenkins is gone because he wants to be gone. I think Conner is gone because we have cheaper options who have demonstrated that they can play a little bit. I think Sims is gone but I wish he were not. He's going to get a contract from somebody.

It remains to be seen what will happen with Romo. I keep saying, Romo does not have to do anything. He can simply keep things as is and wait for a bidding war, which I believe we lose if it comes to that.
  2. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,712 Messages
    227 Likes Received
    I'm hearing that Norv is coming in as OC but he wants to bring some of his own coaches to teach the offense and Peete is the first to go to clear the way. It makes sense but we'll see as other offensive coaches are let go. I'd luv to have Norv back, he's one of the best playcallers in the league ad he'll definately get Dez the rock regularly.
  3. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,901 Messages
    2,370 Likes Received
    if Ray Horton is coming, i will fire Rob myself :D
  4. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,621 Messages
    1,036 Likes Received
    That is true.

His "we don't have any cap space" comments though are really just totally off base. And the problem is, people who are less smart than you think because he knows about one area, that he is an expert in others
  5. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    Who is reporting this?

Seriously, do you guys believe that Romo fits Norv's offense? I don't. If Norv is really coming, what does that say about Romo?
  6. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,621 Messages
    1,036 Likes Received
    Romo and Carr are not really restructuring - their deals are designed to be redone at this point. Connor's deal was designed as a 1 year -- no way we take a 3 mill base for him
  7. TtownCowboy

TtownCowboy Member

359 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    JJT and Nate Newton just kicked it around on the Nate and Coop show on ESPN. I didn't catch it all so I don't know of they were just speculating or not.
  8. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

12,223 Messages
    1,331 Likes Received
    I haven't listened to Talking Cowboys in months too much story telling from Mickey and wasting time with topics that have nothing to do with Cowboys football.
  9. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    not necessarily.....restructure some contracts and cut a few guys ...he will make it work if they want to go that route

do you really worry about that with this front office?..

he will be too hard to replace....if you go FA itll cost just as much, if ya go draft its a crap shoot....gotta keep him I think

Werder was throwing it out there this morning.....all speculation
  10. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

9,019 Messages
    2,034 Likes Received
    I agree Norv isnt coming to Dallas. He'll go to NY.

I can actually see Dallas bringing in one of the run oriented guys on one of the playoff teams
  11. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,058 Messages
    2,298 Likes Received
    Norv is a step in the wrong direction.

I think he's one of the best ever but the NFL is going in a different direction.

We need a shorter passing game that looks for the big play & we need to use more zone blocking schemes.

Plus we need to play at a quicker pace.
  12. TtownCowboy

TtownCowboy Member

359 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The way it's being reported Jerry/Jason are courting Norv. And supposedly Skip Peete is the first of a few on the offensive side to go.
  13. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

1,844 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    Who's reporting that? (not saying it hasn't happened, I just haven't seen it)
  14. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,687 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    I rather let spencer walk and draft a defensive guy in the first round and oline in the second. Spencer played great but hasn't been consistent and he's getting up there in age. He's not old but he's not exactly young
  15. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,500 Messages
    6,053 Likes Received
    where did you hear this? personal source?
  16. TtownCowboy

TtownCowboy Member

359 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Apparently Ed Weder speculated this AM on ESPN and now that is what Jean Jacques Taylor is saying on the Coop and Nate show.
  17. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

9,019 Messages
    2,034 Likes Received
    Interesting. I wouldnt be opposed, i just dont see Norv taking a backseat to Garrett
  18. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,684 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Norv may have to take a back seat or no seat! Unless he goes to the college ranks.
  19. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,712 Messages
    227 Likes Received
    I didn't say that anybody reported it, I said I'm hearing that. One of my best friends brother played for Norv with the Chargers. Just telling you what I've heard. Oh and yes, Romo can definately play in Norvs offense without a doubt, its close to JG's offense anyway.
  20. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,147 Messages
    647 Likes Received
    Wonder if they could replace him with Avril who had a little bit of a down year and might come cheaper??

Not ideal because he's never played in space, but than again neither did Greg Ellis and he seemed ok even at thirtysomething.