1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: RECAP: This is too funny, in a sad sorta way

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by VACowboy, Aug 28, 2006.

1. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,739 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    Stuart Scot and Mark Shlereth are discussing TO during the delay in the GB/Cinci game.

Scott: TO told reporters this afternoon that if Bill Parcells says players don't play if they don't practice, that's the rules and he'll follow them. What do you think TO was tryingto do there?

So, if TO says anything counter to Parcells Law he's tearing the team apart. If he says them's the rules and I'll follow them, he has ulterior motives. I agree with whoever posted yesterday that he should give the media NADA.

(To his credit, Stink said he thought TO was being honest, having realized Parcells was in charge.)
  2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  3. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    stuart scott needs to be fired. I cant stand his style, and I cant stand to look at his disgusting eyes
  4. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    you mean "eye", only one is f'd up, but alas, I hate him too, his voice is annoying
  5. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,279 Messages
    572 Likes Received
    He was fresh when he started. Didn't mind him too much way back then. His act is old and he knows it.
  6. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,739 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    Now they patch together three second long excerpts of Parcells and Owens completely out of context to make it seem like the two of them are at odds. They'll stoop to any effing thing.
  7. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    you have to forgive ESPN, all they have to really report on right now is USA Basketball, preseason, and baseball lol
  8. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not to mention the shear idiocy of what comes out of his mouth.
  9. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I don't listen...I cover up my ears
  10. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    ah, but to be Stuart, get paid to look, act, and sound ********
  11. bobtheflob

bobtheflob New Member

1,768 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I used to like him when he was first hired. But now his act has gotten so old I change the channel when I see him. The worst was right after the Cowboys-Saints game last week. He was doing his whole over the top voice thing and throwing in phrases like "crazy good" and "I hate to say it, but that's just not right" while talking about Bush's 7 rushing yards. TO may have an ego, but Scott's is at least as big.
  12. 2much2soon

2much2soon Active Member

2,443 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I came up with a Stuart Scott solution(and Berman, Patrick,etc); I quit watching ESPN. Several years ago. Problem solved.

ESPN - Where the Anchorman (think) They are Bigger Than The Sports They Cover.
  13. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,414 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    Not that I don't agree, but the eye comment is harsh. I'm sure you're so perfect.:rolleyes:
  14. stealth

stealth Benched

4,882 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    who is really even payin attention to all the TO crap? at this point its just comical to me that the reporters are apparently all as a stupid as this brick I have here in my hand....never mind this is a smart brick
  15. EastDallasCowboy

EastDallasCowboy New Member

940 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If only FSN would offer comparable sports coverage so I could avoid ESPN.
  16. stealth

stealth Benched

4,882 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    fsn is pretty crappy from the little bit of time i have watched it, it seems to have un-realized potential
  17. EastDallasCowboy

EastDallasCowboy New Member

940 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    FSN has so much potential.

Regional sports coverage is far and away better to most folks than the national coverage. The problem was that they never learned how to lead regional, but cover national.

They spent their resources doing post-game shows and sports reports regionally, which was great, but made it impossible for them to access a wider market.

In Dallas, for instance, they'd lead Cowboys/Rangers/Mavs during their respective season. Ok, that's great. Then they'd offer more intensive coverage of thos teams, also great. But that's all they'd do.

If it's football season, lead Cowboys. Go more in depth Cowboys than ESPN. But then spend the last 40m covering a little Texans, the rest of the NFL, and end it on a fantasy note. That, imo, would draw huge ratings. Do it every Sunday night and run it like SC.

Appealing to your market is awesome, but you've got to offer a little more if you're going to knock off ESPN, currently the only option to most folks.
  18. Bullet22

Bullet22 Member

459 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Is there any other news out there, here's something, Report on how Brett Farve sucks...
  19. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    “Criticizing these reporters is like booing at the special olympics.”

-- Triumph the Insult Comic Dog
  20. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,858 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Schlereth is among the most annoying "experts" out there. He can't say two sentences without referencing the fact he played in the NFL.

On Carson Palmer:
    "Back when I was with the Broncos John Elway (yes I know him) used to sneak up behind me and give me an atomic jock wedgie. What I'm saying here is that Palmer is a quarterback and he wears orange, like I did when I played for the Broncos".

T.O. Situation:
    "In my days with the Redskins, Coach Gibbs once told me he had a cancerous mole on his back. I liken this situation to TO being a cancer for the Dallas Cowboys. The bottom line? I played I the NFL".