1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Recent & Pending releases of new Dallas Cowboy books

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by fgoodwin, Jul 29, 2008.

1. fgoodwin

fgoodwin Well-Known Member

1,276 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    Sep 2009:

• The Story of the Dallas Cowboys, by Scott Caffrey (juvenile)

Nov 2008:

• Terrell Owens, by Diane Marczely Gimpel (juvenile)

Oct 2008:

• Tony Romo, by Chuck Bednar (juvenile)

Sep 2008:

• A Cowboy's Life, by Bob Lilly and Kristine Clark
    • Boys Will Be Boys: The Glory Days and Party Nights of the Dallas Cowboys Dynasty, by Jeff Pearlman
    • The Dallas Cowboys Crossword Puzzle Book, by Brendan Emmett Quigley
    • Dallas Cowboys: An Interactive Guide to the World of Sports, by Daniel Brush, David Horne, Marc Maxwell, and David Jimenez
    • Greatest Team Ever: The Dallas Cowboys Dynasty of the 1990s, Texas Stadium Commemorative Edition, by Norm Hitzges
    • 100 Things Cowboys Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die, by Ed Housewright
    • Playing to Win: Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys, by David Magee
    • Texas Stadium: America's Home Field -- Reliving the Legends and the Legendary Moments, by Mac Engel
    • Tony Romo / Ben Roethlisberger: A dual-biography of two football superstars, by Richard Brenner (juvenile)
    • T.O.'s Finding Fitness: Making the Mind, Body, and Spirit Connection for Total Health, by Terrell Owens, Buddy Primm and Courtney Parker

Aug 2008:

• NFC East: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, by KC Kelley (juvenile)
    • Troy Aikman and the Dallas Cowboys: Super Bowl XXVII, by Michael Sandler (juvenile)

Apr 2008:

• Breaking Free: My Life with Dissociative Identity Disorder, by Herschel Walker and Jerry Mungadze

Jan 2008:

• From Selma to the Super Bowl: The Story of a Boy from the Bottoms, by Leroy Hill (father of Tony Hill) and Joyce Foy

Nov 2007:

• Tony Romo: America's Next Quarterback, by Mac Engel

Oct 2007:

• The Best Dallas-Ft Worth Sports Arguments: The 100 Most Controversial, Debatable Questions for Die-Hard Fans, by Jaime Aron

Sep 2007:

• Play-by-Play: Tales from a Sportscasting Insider, by Bill Mercer (Cowboys broadcaster in the 60s)
    • The Dallas Cowboys, by Mark Stewart (juvenile)
    • The Water Boy: From the Sidelines to the Owner's Box, by Bob Ackles and Ian Mulgrew (Ackles was in the Cowboys front office, 1986-1991)
    • Then Landry Said to Staubach: The Best Dallas Cowboys Stories Ever Told, by Walt Garrison and Mark Stallard

Aug 2007:

• Greatest Team Ever: The Dallas Cowboys Dynasty of the 1990s, by Norm Hitzges

Apr 2007:

• America's Team: the Dallas Cowboys, by David Aretha (juvenile)
    • Suicide Peak, by Rick Suttle (fiction) (DCC)

2. fgoodwin

1,276 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    September looks to be a banner month for new books about the Dallas Cowboys, the hi-lite being obviously the long-awaited Bob Lilly bio.

“Greatest Team Ever” is being reissued, there’s a new bio of Jerry Jones, and a book about Texas Stadium, “America’s Home Field” — I love it!

“Boys Will be Boys” sounds like a typical anti-Cowboy hatchet job, but I’ll reserve judgment until I actually read it.

3. PosterChild

PosterChild New Member

2,027 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks for posting this, fgoodwin...it looks intriguing.

4. Dorsettfan4life

Dorsettfan4life New Member

38 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Great compiled list. I can't wait to check these out!!!

5. fgoodwin

1,276 Messages
    75 Likes Received

• Glory Days: Life with the Dallas Cowboys, 1972-1998 by Thomas Buchanan (Hardcover - Oct 25, 2006)
    • Cowboys Essential: Everything You Need to Know to Be a Real Fan! (Essential) by Frank Luksa and Roger Staubach (Hardcover - Sep 2006)
    • Captain Crash and the Dallas Cowboys by Cliff Harris (Hardcover - Aug 15, 2006)
    • Tales from the Dallas Cowboys by Cliff Harris and Charlie Waters (Paperback - Aug 15, 2006)
    • Dallas Cowboys: Quips & Quotes by Alan Burton (Paperback - Aug 4, 2006)
    • Game of My Life: Dallas Cowboys (Game of My Life) by Jean-Jacques Taylor (Hardcover - Aug 1, 2006)
    • The Dallas Cowboys by Mark Stewart (Feb 2006)
    Dallas Cowboys: Facts and Trivia by Gary W. Stratton (Jan-06)

• Wright up Front: Dallas Cowboys Legend Rayfield Wright by Rayfield Wright with Jeannette Devader (Dec 2005)
    • When the Tuna Went Down to Texas: The Story of Bill Parcells and the Dallas Cowboys by Mike Shropshire (Paperback - Nov 1, 2005)
    • The Ice Bowl: The Cold Truth About Football’s Most Unforgettable Game by Ed Gruver (Paperback - Oct 1, 2005)
    • Landry’s Boys: An Oral History Of A Team And An Era by Peter Golenbock (Hardcover - Sep 30, 2005)
    • Where Have All Our Cowboys Gone? by Brian Jensen (Paperback - Sep 25, 2005)
    • Dat: Tackling Life and the NFL by Dat Nguyen, Rusty Burson, and Darren Woodson (Hardcover - Aug 17, 2005)
    • In Life, First You Kick ***: Reflections on the 1985 Bears and Wisdom from Da Coach by Mike Ditka and Rick Telander (Hardcover - Aug 15, 2005)
    • Dallas Cowboys by Nate Leboutillier (Aug 2005)
    • NFC East: National Football Conference East (Inside the NFL) by Nick Welsh (Library Binding - Aug 2005)
    • Dallas Cowboys (Super Bowl Champions) (Super Bowl Champions) by Aaron Frisch (Library Binding - Jul 30, 2005)

• Legends of the Dallas Cowboys by Cody Monk (Hardcover - Oct 2004)
    • When the Tuna Went Down to Texas: How Bill Parcells Led the Cowboys Back to the Promised Land by Mike Shropshire (Hardcover - Aug 31, 2004)
    • In Control: The Rebirth of an NFL Legend by Thomas Henderson and Frank Luksa (Paperback - Aug 2004)
    • The History of Dallas Cowboys: NFL Today by Brian Hawkes (Hardcover - Aug 2004)

• Stadium Stories: Dallas Cowboys: Colorful Tales of America’s Team by Brad Sham (Paperback - Oct 1, 2003)
    • Emmitt Smith by Kimberly Gatto (Oct 2003)
    • Tales from the Dallas Cowboys by Cliff Harris and Charlie Waters (Hardcover - Sep 5, 2003)
    • NFC East: The Dallas Cowboys, the New York Giants, the Philadelphia Eagles, and the Washington Redskins (Inside the NFL) by Nick Welsh (Library Binding - Aug 2003)

• Emmitt Smith: Record-Breaking Rush to Glory by Roland Lazenby and Mike Ashley (Hardcover - Dec 2002)
    • The Long Road to Glory: Emmitt Smith’s Run to the All-Time NFL Rushing Record by Roland Lazenby (Oct 2002)
    • Roger Staubach Captain America: Captain America Personal Memories and Anecdotes About the Super Bowl-Winning Quarterback of America’s Team, the Dallas Cowboys (Great American Sports Legends Series) by Mike Towle (Paperback - Sep 1, 2002)

• Texas Football Trilogy by Mitchell Krugel (Paperback - Dec 15, 2001)
    • Where Have All Our Cowboys Gone? by Brian Jensen (Hardcover - Nov 25, 2001)
    • Great Sports Teams - The Dallas Cowboys (Great Sports Teams) by John F. Grabowski (Hardcover - Nov 15, 2001)
    • Dallas Cowboys (NFL Today) (NFL Today) by John Nichols (Hardcover - Aug 31, 2001)
    • Dallas Cowboys (Championship Teams Series) by Steve Potts (Library Binding - Aug 2001)

• Cotton Bowl Days: Growing Up with Dallas and the Cowboys in the 1960s by John Eisenberg (Paperback - Sep 1, 2000)
    • Troy Aikman: NFL, James Buckley Jr.; Dorling Kindersley Publishing Staff (Sep 2000)
    • Dallas Cowboys, John Nichols (Aug 2000)
    • Landry: The Legend And The Legacy by Bob St. John (Hardcover - Jul 18, 2000)
    • The Book of Landry by Jennifer Briggs Kaski (Hardcover - Mar 25, 2000)

6. fgoodwin

1,276 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    Here's one I forgot for 2003:

How to Grow a Winning Quarterback by Jerry Rhome (Paperback - Jun 11, 2003)

7. fgoodwin

1,276 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    I don't know how in the world I missed this book; I even have the hard cover version:

2006 Hail Mary - The Drew Pearson Story by Drew, Pearson, Jim, O. Rogers, and Frank, Luksa (Paperback)
    2004 Hail Mary: The Drew Pearson Story (Hardcover) by Drew Pearson

8. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am half way through my book

Tentative Title

Dallas Cowboys, The past the now and the Future - Book it

9. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    3/4 done

2009 Super Bowl win and its a go with my publisher!

10. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We are haggling on final details

Soon to be booked deal - can't wait for book to be out probably late 2009 early 2010!

11. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received

HOME

Lions

Can't miss game - hope to travel to Dallas to do Book signings and see Lions/Dallas game