1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recent & Pending releases of new Dallas Cowboy books

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by fgoodwin, Jul 29, 2008.

1. fgoodwin

fgoodwin Active Member

1,156 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Sep 2009:

• The Story of the Dallas Cowboys, by Scott Caffrey (juvenile)

Nov 2008:

• Terrell Owens, by Diane Marczely Gimpel (juvenile)

Oct 2008:

• Tony Romo, by Chuck Bednar (juvenile)

Sep 2008:

• A Cowboy's Life, by Bob Lilly and Kristine Clark
    • Boys Will Be Boys: The Glory Days and Party Nights of the Dallas Cowboys Dynasty, by Jeff Pearlman
    • The Dallas Cowboys Crossword Puzzle Book, by Brendan Emmett Quigley
    • Dallas Cowboys: An Interactive Guide to the World of Sports, by Daniel Brush, David Horne, Marc Maxwell, and David Jimenez
    • Greatest Team Ever: The Dallas Cowboys Dynasty of the 1990s, Texas Stadium Commemorative Edition, by Norm Hitzges
    • 100 Things Cowboys Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die, by Ed Housewright
    • Playing to Win: Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys, by David Magee
    • Texas Stadium: America's Home Field -- Reliving the Legends and the Legendary Moments, by Mac Engel
    • Tony Romo / Ben Roethlisberger: A dual-biography of two football superstars, by Richard Brenner (juvenile)
    • T.O.'s Finding Fitness: Making the Mind, Body, and Spirit Connection for Total Health, by Terrell Owens, Buddy Primm and Courtney Parker

Aug 2008:

• NFC East: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, by KC Kelley (juvenile)
    • Troy Aikman and the Dallas Cowboys: Super Bowl XXVII, by Michael Sandler (juvenile)

Apr 2008:

• Breaking Free: My Life with Dissociative Identity Disorder, by Herschel Walker and Jerry Mungadze

Jan 2008:

• From Selma to the Super Bowl: The Story of a Boy from the Bottoms, by Leroy Hill (father of Tony Hill) and Joyce Foy

Nov 2007:

• Tony Romo: America's Next Quarterback, by Mac Engel

Oct 2007:

• The Best Dallas-Ft Worth Sports Arguments: The 100 Most Controversial, Debatable Questions for Die-Hard Fans, by Jaime Aron

Sep 2007:

• Play-by-Play: Tales from a Sportscasting Insider, by Bill Mercer (Cowboys broadcaster in the 60s)
    • The Dallas Cowboys, by Mark Stewart (juvenile)
    • The Water Boy: From the Sidelines to the Owner's Box, by Bob Ackles and Ian Mulgrew (Ackles was in the Cowboys front office, 1986-1991)
    • Then Landry Said to Staubach: The Best Dallas Cowboys Stories Ever Told, by Walt Garrison and Mark Stallard

Aug 2007:

• Greatest Team Ever: The Dallas Cowboys Dynasty of the 1990s, by Norm Hitzges

Apr 2007:

• America's Team: the Dallas Cowboys, by David Aretha (juvenile)
    • Suicide Peak, by Rick Suttle (fiction) (DCC)
  2. fgoodwin

fgoodwin Active Member

1,156 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    September looks to be a banner month for new books about the Dallas Cowboys, the hi-lite being obviously the long-awaited Bob Lilly bio.

“Greatest Team Ever” is being reissued, there’s a new bio of Jerry Jones, and a book about Texas Stadium, “America’s Home Field” — I love it!

“Boys Will be Boys” sounds like a typical anti-Cowboy hatchet job, but I’ll reserve judgment until I actually read it.
  3. PosterChild

PosterChild New Member

2,027 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks for posting this, fgoodwin...it looks intriguing.
  4. Dorsettfan4life

Dorsettfan4life New Member

38 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Great compiled list. I can't wait to check these out!!!
  5. fgoodwin

fgoodwin Active Member

1,156 Messages
    14 Likes Received

• Glory Days: Life with the Dallas Cowboys, 1972-1998 by Thomas Buchanan (Hardcover - Oct 25, 2006)
    • Cowboys Essential: Everything You Need to Know to Be a Real Fan! (Essential) by Frank Luksa and Roger Staubach (Hardcover - Sep 2006)
    • Captain Crash and the Dallas Cowboys by Cliff Harris (Hardcover - Aug 15, 2006)
    • Tales from the Dallas Cowboys by Cliff Harris and Charlie Waters (Paperback - Aug 15, 2006)
    • Dallas Cowboys: Quips & Quotes by Alan Burton (Paperback - Aug 4, 2006)
    • Game of My Life: Dallas Cowboys (Game of My Life) by Jean-Jacques Taylor (Hardcover - Aug 1, 2006)
    • The Dallas Cowboys by Mark Stewart (Feb 2006)
    Dallas Cowboys: Facts and Trivia by Gary W. Stratton (Jan-06)

• Wright up Front: Dallas Cowboys Legend Rayfield Wright by Rayfield Wright with Jeannette Devader (Dec 2005)
    • When the Tuna Went Down to Texas: The Story of Bill Parcells and the Dallas Cowboys by Mike Shropshire (Paperback - Nov 1, 2005)
    • The Ice Bowl: The Cold Truth About Football’s Most Unforgettable Game by Ed Gruver (Paperback - Oct 1, 2005)
    • Landry’s Boys: An Oral History Of A Team And An Era by Peter Golenbock (Hardcover - Sep 30, 2005)
    • Where Have All Our Cowboys Gone? by Brian Jensen (Paperback - Sep 25, 2005)
    • Dat: Tackling Life and the NFL by Dat Nguyen, Rusty Burson, and Darren Woodson (Hardcover - Aug 17, 2005)
    • In Life, First You Kick ***: Reflections on the 1985 Bears and Wisdom from Da Coach by Mike Ditka and Rick Telander (Hardcover - Aug 15, 2005)
    • Dallas Cowboys by Nate Leboutillier (Aug 2005)
    • NFC East: National Football Conference East (Inside the NFL) by Nick Welsh (Library Binding - Aug 2005)
    • Dallas Cowboys (Super Bowl Champions) (Super Bowl Champions) by Aaron Frisch (Library Binding - Jul 30, 2005)

• Legends of the Dallas Cowboys by Cody Monk (Hardcover - Oct 2004)
    • When the Tuna Went Down to Texas: How Bill Parcells Led the Cowboys Back to the Promised Land by Mike Shropshire (Hardcover - Aug 31, 2004)
    • In Control: The Rebirth of an NFL Legend by Thomas Henderson and Frank Luksa (Paperback - Aug 2004)
    • The History of Dallas Cowboys: NFL Today by Brian Hawkes (Hardcover - Aug 2004)

• Stadium Stories: Dallas Cowboys: Colorful Tales of America’s Team by Brad Sham (Paperback - Oct 1, 2003)
    • Emmitt Smith by Kimberly Gatto (Oct 2003)
    • Tales from the Dallas Cowboys by Cliff Harris and Charlie Waters (Hardcover - Sep 5, 2003)
    • NFC East: The Dallas Cowboys, the New York Giants, the Philadelphia Eagles, and the Washington Redskins (Inside the NFL) by Nick Welsh (Library Binding - Aug 2003)

• Emmitt Smith: Record-Breaking Rush to Glory by Roland Lazenby and Mike Ashley (Hardcover - Dec 2002)
    • The Long Road to Glory: Emmitt Smith’s Run to the All-Time NFL Rushing Record by Roland Lazenby (Oct 2002)
    • Roger Staubach Captain America: Captain America Personal Memories and Anecdotes About the Super Bowl-Winning Quarterback of America’s Team, the Dallas Cowboys (Great American Sports Legends Series) by Mike Towle (Paperback - Sep 1, 2002)

• Texas Football Trilogy by Mitchell Krugel (Paperback - Dec 15, 2001)
    • Where Have All Our Cowboys Gone? by Brian Jensen (Hardcover - Nov 25, 2001)
    • Great Sports Teams - The Dallas Cowboys (Great Sports Teams) by John F. Grabowski (Hardcover - Nov 15, 2001)
    • Dallas Cowboys (NFL Today) (NFL Today) by John Nichols (Hardcover - Aug 31, 2001)
    • Dallas Cowboys (Championship Teams Series) by Steve Potts (Library Binding - Aug 2001)

• Cotton Bowl Days: Growing Up with Dallas and the Cowboys in the 1960s by John Eisenberg (Paperback - Sep 1, 2000)
    • Troy Aikman: NFL, James Buckley Jr.; Dorling Kindersley Publishing Staff (Sep 2000)
    • Dallas Cowboys, John Nichols (Aug 2000)
    • Landry: The Legend And The Legacy by Bob St. John (Hardcover - Jul 18, 2000)
    • The Book of Landry by Jennifer Briggs Kaski (Hardcover - Mar 25, 2000)
  6. fgoodwin

fgoodwin Active Member

1,156 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Here's one I forgot for 2003:

How to Grow a Winning Quarterback by Jerry Rhome (Paperback - Jun 11, 2003)
  7. fgoodwin

fgoodwin Active Member

1,156 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I don't know how in the world I missed this book; I even have the hard cover version:

2006 Hail Mary - The Drew Pearson Story by Drew, Pearson, Jim, O. Rogers, and Frank, Luksa (Paperback)
    2004 Hail Mary: The Drew Pearson Story (Hardcover) by Drew Pearson
  8. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am half way through my book

Tentative Title

Dallas Cowboys, The past the now and the Future - Book it
  9. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    3/4 done

2009 Super Bowl win and its a go with my publisher!
  10. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We are haggling on final details

Soon to be booked deal - can't wait for book to be out probably late 2009 early 2010!
  11. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received

HOME

Lions

Can't miss game - hope to travel to Dallas to do Book signings and see Lions/Dallas game