1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Red Bryant loves the Cowboys!

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dcfanatic, Apr 8, 2008.

1. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    http://www.dcfanatic.typepad.com//dcfanatics_blog/2008/04/exclusive-inter.html

Exclusive Interview - Draft Prospect Red Bryant

When you start looking into the top DT/NT prospects for the 2008 NFL Draft you will find out that Red Bryant from Texas A & M was one of the best at stuffing the run in 2007.

But the former Aggie team captain is also ready to go to work on becoming a pass rushing force at the next level as well.

Here's the interview I did with Red..

Red Bryant Interview

He was already on the list of players I thought the Cowboys should be looking into when the draft rolled around. Now after hearing him speak about his love for the game, his work ethic and the love he had for the Cowboys while growing up in Texas he is now on my 'must have' list for the draft.

Here's a quick look at Red doing what he does best..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY1D5bV0b-o

If you can honestly listen to this interview and watch that video and tell me you're not a fan of everything that Red Bryant is as a young man entering the NFL then you're nuts.

Like I said in the interview, Joseph 'Red' Bryant is every football coaches dream!
  2. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,463 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    "I love to knock the hell out of somebody."

Let's play.
  3. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    and DallasNation loves you too!
  4. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,498 Messages
    416 Likes Received
    Get in line Red, you have quite a few people ahead of you.. ;)
  5. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    what round is he predicted to go in?
  6. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,741 Messages
    1,294 Likes Received
    Late second to third is what ive seen.

I wouldnt hate him at 61. Hed push Spears out of the starting lineup by the end of the year with Rat moving over.
  7. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,830 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    I like him but he is not who I want. Okam has the most talent out of this class. It is work ethic that is the only issue. Okam has the most potential to be good at the next level.
  8. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i'd be cool with that if we stayed put at #22 and #28. but i doubt that happens.
  9. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,741 Messages
    1,294 Likes Received
    True but at almost 350 and that work ethic he is just as likely to eat himself to 400 lbs and be a conditioning nightmare as he is to succeed. Bryant has the potential to be good to great too but Okam would be a Jamal Williams type if he doesnt eat his way out of the league.
  10. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Bryant is favorably compared to Casey Hampton, arguably the best NT in the league
  11. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,830 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    This is true. Okam does not get those comparisons cause of his work ethic. Okam looks alot like some of those other UT DT's. Hampton being one of them.
  12. cowboysfan31

cowboysfan31 Active Member

1,292 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Drew Boylhart of TheHuddleReport compared Bryant to Jamal Williams. Here was his review of Bryant:

13. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,744 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    I like Bryant alot....picking him in the second round would be a coup for the Boys in my opinion.
  14. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,657 Messages
    2,360 Likes Received
    I've seen that, but he doesn't remind me of Hampton at all. Hampton is a stumpy fireplug... Bryant is a taller, more linear guy (even at 318 lbs).

If Bryant lived in the weight room and ate about five steaks a day, he might could get up to Jamal Williams' size.
  15. 5mics

5mics Next Year's Champions

1,827 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have him going to us in the 3rd. I really like him too but wouldn't take him in the 2nd right now.....
  16. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    who doesn't love the cowboys?
  17. glassjaw

glassjaw New Member

50 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like Bryant a lot too. 3rd would be fine and 4th would be a steal. A&M D-line guys tend to come in and do well. Maybe never perennial pro bowlers but nice solid players. They also for whatever reason have always done well in 3-4 Defenses. Ray Childress, Sam Adams, Brandon Mitchell, Ron Edwards, Pat Williams and Ty Warren all have played in 3-4s at some point and done well. I would love Bryant on the Cowboys.

Okam is like most Texas D-lineman abundance of talent but never quite live up to it. All the back to Kenneth Sims up to Shaun Rogers. I know many have done well or at least been pretty good players...Steve McMichael. Shane Dronett, Tony Brackens, but even these guys seem like they should have been just monsters and they weren't in the NFL. Good players, but not great. A&M seems to turn of D-linemen more consistently that Texas. I do not hate TExas or anything but history seems to suggest it.

Give me Bryant. I'll pass on Okam.
  18. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,159 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    This would be a great pk for us
  19. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,898 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    I'd rather have Okam in the 4th or 5th than Bryant in the 2nd, but I also wouldn't mind trading up in rd 3 for Bryant
  20. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Okam is not well-suited to play NT, he's more of a 4-3 DE, IMO...