1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Red dead redemtion

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Ren, May 16, 2010.

1. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,678 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    Anyone else excited for this? it's out on Tuesday in the US, Friday in Europe

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2NUjbORZueU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2NUjbORZueU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I can't imagine this will be bad R* make some of the best open world games around and are amongst the best in story telling as well
  2. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I remember enjoying Red Dead Revolver years back....this obviously looks like an updated version of that.

I'd probably be interested in this just because I think the Western genre in video games is cool as hell, but seeing this all but assures I'll be buying it.

If Rockstar puts in as much effort with this as they have their GTA line, it's going to be pretty bad ***.
  3. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,608 Messages
    583 Likes Received
    I'm looking forward to it, for sure, but I won't be getting it right away. I already put down my money for the UFC 2010 game that is coming out in a couple of weeks and that's what my extra cash that I can blow at the moment is going to. I will be getting RDR at some point because it looks great.

I'll also be pre-ordering my copy of Madden 2011 either tomorrow or Tuesday but that is neither here nor there.

As far as the game I was talking with a worker at Gamestop today and he said they got to play an early release version of it and that the game world you get to explore and travel in on this game is 30 square miles.

He said it's the biggest, by far, that Rockstar has ever done and said that their San Andreas game, I believe is the one he mentioned, was the biggest world to play in at the time it came out and it was 15 square miles.

So RDR has an explorable world twice the size. Sounds like they really put a lot of effort into this game.
  4. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,678 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    Lots of gameplay in this trailer

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ge7EYHo3f8w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ge7EYHo3f8w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

This game looks really good
  5. tomson75

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Uh....yeah. This looks amazing.
  6. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,825 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Wow. This looks amazing. I'm definitely interested in picking this one up.
  7. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,481 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    im getting it tomarrow at midnight
  8. cowboys#1

cowboys#1 Finish!

2,407 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    ill be picking this up at midnight

this game has averaged 9.70 in 8 ratings so far

:bow:
  9. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Dude, amazing concept. Choose to be good or bad. Choose other things to do besides missions. The honor concept looks crazy good.
  10. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,678 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    Yeah, I'll be getting it.
  11. hairic

hairic Well-Known Member

2,408 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    I saw a video of gameplay yesterday. The guy playing tied up a nun, rode his horse to some train tracks, dropped her body on the tracks, and the train made a mess of her.

And... doing the above unlocked an achievement.
  12. tomson75

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lmao....I may have to swing by Wallyworld after work today.
  13. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,678 Messages
    213 Likes Received

:muttley:

can't wait for friday
  14. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,678 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    If you go to Ebay and search for "NEW Red Dead Redemption" you should get a Buy.com listing selling the game for $45 bucks with free shipping and no tax.
    Not sure how long shipping takes, but if you weren't going to rush out and buy it anyway, might be worth it.
  15. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,822 Messages
    2,923 Likes Received
    Not a big gamer. I figured the only game I planned on buying in the future was Diablo III when it is released. However this one looks pretty interesting.
  16. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,608 Messages
    583 Likes Received

That's how I'd probably go about buying it cause i'm not planning on running right out to have it.
  17. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I had no interest in this until I watched this video.
  18. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,324 Messages
    477 Likes Received
    :laugh2: We went with the Wii, which had a better listing of games for the "little gamers" in the house. So instead, we have a reserved copy of Mario Galaxy 2 waiting for us next week just in time for summer vacation. Hope you guys enjoy it though!

[youtube]QDe2h4lrFRY[/youtube]
  19. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Ummm wow.....ok
  20. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,324 Messages
    477 Likes Received
    I know, but my son is so excited to play the new Mario that he can hardly stand it. That is good enough to look the other way when games like this come out.

Really wish I could dive into RDR for about a week straight, though.