1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Remaining Schedule

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by tomsanders921, Oct 17, 2011.

1. tomsanders921

tomsanders921 Active Member

987 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Rams
    @Eagles
    Seahawks
    Bills
    @Skins
    Dolphins
    @Cardinals
    Giants
    @Bucs
    Eagles
    @Giants

Combined record of first 5 opponents (assuming the jets take care of business tonight, which the should) 21-8

Combined record of remaining opponents = not good, but don't feel like doing the math. 7/11 games against teams under 500.

The Giants remaining schedule is BRUTAL, and i don't see the Redskins keeping pace, especially considering they have a QB problem now.

That being said, we have proven we can play great, but at the same time, we play terrible against bad teams. If somehow, someway we can start being consistent, we should end up around 10 wins this year and the division race should come down to the last game against the giants.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,044 Messages
    873 Likes Received
    Be prepared to duck. Optimism and logic are frowned upon after losses. You must rue.
  3. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,624 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    We may not lose another game this regular season.. 13-3 :D
  4. BanditHiro

BanditHiro Well-Known Member

2,031 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    10-6 is possible and fortunately that will likely be enough to win the division
  5. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,412 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    I had them 3-2 after 5 games on the way to 11-5 so they are only 1 game behind where I thought they'd be and no one saw Detroit being as good as they are. That would still put them at 10-6 but I think they can easily make up that game and maybe another one because I had a loss to the Giants, Eagles, and Bucs and I think all those games are winable. If they get a win against the Eagles and Bills, they could go on a real win streak and beat they 11-5 prediction. I think the team is evolving. They are in every game with a chance to win. If they can learn how to finish games and get some confidence, they may very well be the team on a roll come playoff time.
  6. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Staff Member

14,483 Messages
    1,527 Likes Received
    Judging by how the NFC playoff picture is taking shape, it seems the Cowboys will only make the playoffs if they win the division. The Lions and Bucs have an iron grip on the wild card spots.
  7. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,655 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Rams - WIN
    @Eagles - LOSS
    Seahawks - WIN
    Bills - WIN
    @Skins - WIN
    Dolphins - WIN
    @Cardinals - WIN
    Giants - WIN
    @Bucs - LOSS
    Eagles - WIN
    @Giants - LOSS

Ending record 10-6.
  8. tomsanders921

tomsanders921 Active Member

987 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Although i agree our best shot is the division, but the bucs are far from having a grip on the wild card. We are only 1 game behind them in the loss column, and we play them later in the year. I know they beat the saints yesterday, but they have been far from impressive this year. They just about lost to the colts in Painter's first career start (had to come from behind in the 4th), and got dismantled by the 49ers.
  9. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Well-Known Member

4,308 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    Strange things happen with 11 games left. My money is on one of the Lions or Bucs not being in position to be a wildcard by season's end.
  10. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,624 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    You're absolutely correct and I'm no big believer in the Lions either. They're gonna lose plenty more games, I just don't believe they're that good. Nothings on lock at this point..
  11. wconn1979

wconn1979 Active Member

562 Messages
    27 Likes Received

It's midnight and Detroit is about to turn back into a pumpkin. They will probably lose to Atlanta this weekend, they will lose to the Saints, Packers x2, and either Carolina or SD.

Tampa could drop to 9-7 easily.

I dont see the wild card spot being in an iron grip.
  12. cowboys4life08

cowboys4life08 New Member

17 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Rams - Win
    @Eagles - Lose
    Seahawks - Win
    Bills - Lose
    @Skins - Lose
    Dolphins - Win
    @Cardinals - Win
    Giants - Lose
    @Bucs - Lose
    Eagles - Win
    @Giants - Lose

7-9 and we do not make playoffs! Garrett showed he does not trust Romo. Who would trust Romo besides JJ? Start looking for a replacement QB, great offensive coordinator and a great GM, then we will get number six.
  13. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I will be very upset if we don't win at least 10 this year. We should really do at least 11. Somewhere in all of that I hope this team learns how to put the pedal to the metal and stomp the crap out of teams when they have em on the ropes. First victim up: It's the Rams dude!
  14. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,044 Messages
    873 Likes Received
    I will be upset with 10. I think 11 is easily doable.
  15. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,162 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I will take a stab at it.

Rams - W
    @Eagles - W
    Seahawks - W
    Bills - W
    @Skins - W
    Dolphins - W
    @Cardinals - W
    Giants - L
    @Bucs - L
    Eagles - W
    @Giants - W

Meh, I predicted 11-5, so I might as well stick with it as long as possible. Haha.

But anybody seeing doom and gloom in this season needs to take another look. I think we will make the playoffs.
  16. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Staff Member

14,483 Messages
    1,527 Likes Received
    There are very few things in which I have absolute conviction; however, one of those things is the Lions making the playoffs in 2011. I believe it with a dogmatic fervor.

I will concede to overstating my position on Tampa. They must've dazzled me with their win over New Orleans.
  17. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,625 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    It's week 5. If we can beat Tampa we are tied with them in the loss column.
  18. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Active Member

875 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    It would take a complete collapse for the lions to miss the playoffs, they have a very managable schedule. Not to mention they play gb in week 17, the packers could have everything wrapped up, and rest everyone.
  19. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,625 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    It seems to happen to someone every year...
  20. gmb85

gmb85 Active Member

1,486 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    13-3. Easily.