1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

REMINDER: DMN.com NFL Draft Webcast TODAY @ 2:00 cst

Discussion in 'Draft Day Zone' started by DallasCowpoke111, Apr 24, 2006.

1. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,336 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Interesting that Goose says Manny is up to 251 on his visits.

241 at combine. 238 at Pro Day. Read earlier today he was down to 233.

Mis-information galore.
  2. KD

KD Active Member

2,091 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    That is pretty huge is true. I thought he was closer to 230-235 and "bulked" up to 241.

If he's 251 I'm sure he could be 255-265 by the time TC rolls around.
  3. littlewebs

littlewebs Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.

433 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So our seemingly most likely 1st rounder has a 18 pound weight window that he could be anywhere within... gotta love the draft week crazy speculation.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,867 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    That is a pretty wide spread 233-251. Now for a big tackle or guard to do 18 lbs is one thing- for a much smaller person that is a huge spread. I recall that Lawson supposedly weighed 233 at his pro day after being 241 at the combine. According to NFL.com Lawson weighed 238 on his pro day March 22.
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,867 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    Unless Manny stepped on the scale for some other reason I do not see him being weighed for anything other then maybe for an interview with a team.
    I don't see him losing weight since that would be a turnoff for a lot of teams.
  6. Charles

Charles Benched

3,409 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao:
  7. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    Manny is working out with one of those training complexes for players, so I'm sure they have him trying to get bigger to raise his draft value as much as possible. Reports that he was 233 could be some teams putting out false rumors to try and drop his stock. This is Rick Gosselins time to shine , the guy is money at this time of year and gets good info from his talks with GMs, scouts, and coaches.
  8. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I read an interview with Manny a month or so back where Manny said his weight got as high as 247 this year during the season. If i have time later i will try and dig it up and post it.
  9. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    I guess its possible Manny decided to come into the combine/pro day workouts lighter to have as much speed and quickness as possible in the drills. I think he would have been better off showing he could bulk up though to get interest from the 4-3 teams.
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,561 Likes Received
    Easy on Kiper. Predicting picks or making a mock isn't his specility.